Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Miami Herald: I’m done trying to understand Trump supporters. Why don’t they try to understand me?

3 minutes ago, clietas said:

Nah. Liberals aren't sick and dying because of all the adrenochrome and baby blood. Idk about you guys but I've been drinking a lot of baby blood with my adrenochrome. Eight 8oz  chalices a day. Doctors orders.

This is my doctor. Really nice guy.

mfj3vR.gif

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

STUNNING: One-THIRD of Republicans STILL Think Trump Might Be ‘Reinstated’ as President — In the Next 13 Days

The number of Republicans who believe that former President Donald Trump might be “reinstated” to the presidency this year is stunningly high given the lateness of the date.

Earlier this year the political media world was set abuzz when it was reported that Trump was telling confidants that he believed he’d be reinstated to the presidency in August, a notion that turned out to be fed by delusions floated by Trump allies like MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell and attorney Sidney Powell.

And Trump himself appeared to confirm this in June when he told a crowd in North Carolina that “we’re gonna take back the White House, and sooner than you think.”

According to Lindell, the date of Trump’s miraculous ascension was to be August 13. Even after that date came and went, 22 percent of Republicans still said it was either “very likely” (11%) or “somewhat likely” (11%) that Trump will be reinstated according to YouGov’s October poll.

But according to a new poll from YouGov released this week, even with just 13 days left in the year, a third of Republicans still think it’s possible, and 1 in 5 think it’s likely, that Trump will be reinstated this year.

Respondents to the poll were asked “How likely or unlikely do you think it is that Donald Trump will be re-instated as President before the end of 2021?”

Among Republicans, 18 percent said it is either “very likely” (9%) or “somewhat likely” (9%) that Trump will be reinstated, with an additional 15 percent replying that they “don’t know.”

Click on the link for the full article

Maybe my math is different than theirs, but I don't see how 18% = 1/3.  18% is lower than the 22% result from after August 13 passed.  To me "Don't know" doesn't qualify as thinking he might be reinstated.

Seems like a clickbait headline.

Millions of Angry, Armed Americans Stand Ready to Seize Power If Trump Loses in 2024

Mike "Wompus" Nieznany is a 73-year-old Vietnam veteran who walks with a cane from the combat wounds he received during his service. That disability doesn't keep Nieznany from making a living selling custom motorcycle luggage racks from his home in Gainesville, Georgia. Neither will it slow him down when it's time to visit Washington, D.C.—heavily armed and ready to do his part in overthrowing the U.S. government.

Millions of fellow would-be insurrectionists will be there, too, Nieznany says, "a ticking time-bomb" targeting the Capitol. "There are lots of fully armed people wondering what's happening to this country," he says. "Are we going to let Biden keep destroying it? Or do we need to get rid of him? We're only going to take so much before we fight back." The 2024 election, he adds, may well be the trigger.

Nieznany is no loner. His political comments on the social-media site Quora received 44,000 views in the first two weeks of November and more than 4 million overall. He is one of many rank-and-file Republicans who own guns and in recent months have talked openly of the need to take down—by force if necessary—a federal government they see as illegitimate, overreaching and corrosive to American freedom.

The phenomenon goes well beyond the growth of militias, which have been a feature of American life at least since the Ku Klux Klan rose to power after the Civil War. Groups like the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, which took part in the January 6th riot at the Capitol and may have played organizational roles, have grown in membership. Law enforcement has long tracked and often infiltrated these groups. What Nieznany represents is something else entirely: a much larger and more diffuse movement of more-or-less ordinary people, stoked by misinformation, knitted together by social media and well-armed. In 2020, 17 million Americans bought 40 million guns and in 2021 were on track to add another 20 million. If historical trends hold, the buyers will be overwhelmingly white, Republican and southern or rural.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

What I learned from 1/6 is that most people are into it if no one fights back. When Babbitt got shot the demeanor of that crowd went from hot to cold real quick. 

It's very easy to talk about this stuff in your echo chamber but I have a hard time really seeing people putting their life on the line for it. Hell, cut off this guys social security and Medicare and see what he thinks of overreaching government. I bet his tune changes real quick. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GoSkinsGo said:

What I learned from 1/6 is that most people are into it if no one fights back. When Babbitt got shot the demeanor of that crowd went from hot to cold real quick. 

It's very easy to talk about this stuff in your echo chamber but I have a hard time really seeing people putting their life on the line for it. Hell, cut off this guys social security and Medicare and see what he thinks of overreaching government. I bet his tune changes real quick. 

Yep. Also notice how few people showed up to the "protest" in DC a few months back where MAGAs gathered to oppose the jailing of the "political prisoners" (aka terrorists) who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6th. Once they started realizing that there were real world consequences for doing that sort of ****, plenty of them opted out on the next go-round.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yep. Also notice how few people showed up to the "protest" in DC a few months back where MAGAs gathered to oppose the jailing of the "political prisoners" (aka terrorists) who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6th. Once they started realizing that there were real world consequences for doing that sort of ****, plenty of them opted out on the next go-round.

Exactly. As the great philosopher Mike Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, China said:

Millions of Angry, Armed Americans Stand Ready to Seize Power If Trump Loses in 2024

Mike "Wompus" Nieznany is a 73-year-old Vietnam veteran who walks with a cane from the combat wounds he received during his service. That disability doesn't keep Nieznany from making a living selling custom motorcycle luggage racks from his home in Gainesville, Georgia. Neither will it slow him down when it's time to visit Washington, D.C.—heavily armed and ready to do his part in overthrowing the U.S. government.

Millions of fellow would-be insurrectionists will be there, too, Nieznany says, "a ticking time-bomb" targeting the Capitol. "There are lots of fully armed people wondering what's happening to this country," he says. "Are we going to let Biden keep destroying it? Or do we need to get rid of him? We're only going to take so much before we fight back." The 2024 election, he adds, may well be the trigger.

Nieznany is no loner. His political comments on the social-media site Quora received 44,000 views in the first two weeks of November and more than 4 million overall. He is one of many rank-and-file Republicans who own guns and in recent months have talked openly of the need to take down—by force if necessary—a federal government they see as illegitimate, overreaching and corrosive to American freedom.

The phenomenon goes well beyond the growth of militias, which have been a feature of American life at least since the Ku Klux Klan rose to power after the Civil War. Groups like the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers, which took part in the January 6th riot at the Capitol and may have played organizational roles, have grown in membership. Law enforcement has long tracked and often infiltrated these groups. What Nieznany represents is something else entirely: a much larger and more diffuse movement of more-or-less ordinary people, stoked by misinformation, knitted together by social media and well-armed. In 2020, 17 million Americans bought 40 million guns and in 2021 were on track to add another 20 million. If historical trends hold, the buyers will be overwhelmingly white, Republican and southern or rural.

I hate these ****ing idiots. 

• Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, GoSkinsGo said:

That is why I say law enforcement should have shot a whole lot more people that day. They need a bloody reminder of the stupid prizes that are won playing stupid games.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

That is why I say law enforcement should have shot a whole lot more people that day. They need a bloody reminder of the stupid prizes that are won playing stupid games.

We might get another go around, I was hoping the last one was going to be it, but all the MAGA morons were too afraid to show up. 

California man gets 3 years over threats to lawmakers, journalists who said Trump lost

A California man who threatened dozens of people, including politicians, journalists and their families, who said that then-President Donald Trump lost the November election has been sentenced to three years, prosecutors said.

Robert Lemke, 36, of Bay Point in the San Francisco Bay Area, was sentenced Monday by a federal judge Monday, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York said.

The targets included U.S. Rep. Hakeem Jeffries, D-N.Y., whose brother was sent a text on Jan. 6 that read: “Your brother is putting your entire family at risk with his lies and other words. We are armed and nearby your house,” according to court documents.

https://news.yahoo.com/california-man-gets-3-years-044523063.html

• Thumb up 2

30 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Look at this doofus.

"You're asking me to partake in an alternate reality that is not possible"

"There is an all out war on your perspective of reality"

"It's about reality, man. We have to return to reality"

I'll take "Things It's Hilariously Ironic To Hear a MAGA Say With A Straight Face" for 800, Alex.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, China said:

Isn't "intellectual leader of the Republican Party" an oxymoron?

I want you to ask the next rando Trumper that shows up here this question so that they can respond 'No YOU are an Oxymoron' and we can all have a good laugh. 

• Haha 8
  • Thumb up 1