Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Washington Redskins Da'Ron Payne DT Alabama

PCS

Welcome to the Redskins young man. Let's hope is a nice,long and healthy career with them. :) 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/da'ron-payne?id=32462018-0002-5600-68ba-6b48873dba9b

2560068.png&f=png&w=308&c=71

HEIGHT 6' 3"
WEIGHT 311 lbs
ARMS 33”

HANDS

9 3/8”

Payne came to Alabama as a 350-pound behemoth who was a top 20 national high school recruit, but for his senior year played closer to 300 while still keeping his elite strength to move back the center and shed the block to make plays. With Jonathan Allen in the pros, Payne took over as the playmaker inside, earning second-team All-SEC honors (53 tackles, one sack, one interception, three pass break-ups). Payne saved his best for last, dominating inside against Georgia in the national championship game. He was a 15-game starter as a sophomore in 2016, making 36 tackles, 3.5 for loss, and 1.5 sacks from the nose guard position. Payne started three games in the middle as a true freshman in 2015, stopping the ball 13 times with half a tackle for loss.

Overview

Payne possesses one of the most impressive combinations of strength and athleticism that we've seen from an interior lineman. He will be the premier run-stuffer in this draft, but he may have enough in the pass rushing toolbox to project as a better pro than college pass rusher. Payne is a game-ready starter who immediately upgrades a defense's ability to slow the run. If teams view him as just a run-down player, then his draft value could fall a little, but he could become a Pro Bowl defender early in his career.

Strengths

Built like a wall of granite with exceptional lean muscle mass

Tremendous natural strength

Could bench press 400 pounds in high school

Run-stuffer deluxe with elite contact balance and body control

Only on the ground when making a tackle

Plays like a pro

Has feel for adjacent pressure against double teams

Quick to drop his anchor and grow roots

Typical Alabama technician at the position

Debilitating initial punch jars offensive linemen off their gameplan

Two-gaps with arm extension and his eyes in the backfield

Offenses simply shouldn't run at him

Eats blocks and keeps linebackers clean

Has to be schemed against

Hands and feet are full synced

Gifted athlete who showed marked improvement as rusher

Increased pressures from 15 to 27 this year

Fluid mover with above-average range to chase

Utilizes slap/arm-over to work around blocker's edge

Can walk interior linemen back into pocket with bullrush

Considered one of the most respected leaders during Saban era

*Click Link For More* 

https://bamahammer.com/2018/04/26/alabama-football-daron-payne-nfl-draft-first-rounder/(Payne’s) bringing back haunting memories of calling plays in the SEC when I was in it. There’s people on the field you just can’t block.

Can Da’Ron Payne handle NFL offensive linemen with equal ease? That is a tall order. NFL team execs and draft experts rate either Payne or Washington’s Vita Vea as the top interior defensive linemen in the Draft.  Both are expected to be selected in the first round.

The Detroit Lions are high on Da’Ron. Nfl.com’s Lance Zierlein said,

Payne possesses one of the most impressive combinations of strength and athleticism that we’ve seen from an interior lineman. He will be the premier run-stuffer in this draft, but he may have enough in the pass rushing toolbox to project as a better pro than college pass rusher.

Payne may not be available by the time the Lions pick at No. 20. Draft experts have him being selected as high as No. 13 to Washington.

Just now, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Welcome aboard. Happy with the pick here :229:

Cooley doesn't like it... bu it I'm good with it.  We GOTTA get better against the run in our division (and elsewhere)

The lawfirm:

Allan Payne & Ionnidis :headbang:

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

Cooley doesn't like it... bu it I'm good with it.  We GOTTA get better against the run in our division (and elsewhere)

The lawfirm:

Allan Payne & Ionnidis :headbang:

I heard him talking about vea and Payne. Can't remember what he said about Payne though. What did he say? 

I think once Vea was chosen 1 spot ahead of us, Payne was the pick you had to make.  The interior DL has been a plague on this team for the longest time.  It's not like they took a chance here, they took the guy who is rated either #1 or #2 available at the position.  

'Skins trying to rebuild the 'Bama defense it looks like.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

I think once Vea was chosen 1 spot ahead of us, Payne was the pick you had to make.  The interior DL has been a plague on this team for the longest time.  It's not like they took a chance here, they took the guy who is rated either #1 or #2 available at the position.  

'Skins trying to rebuild the 'Bama defense it looks like.

Good luck.

Some even have him above Vea because he has a really high motor 

The cool thing about Payne is that he's only 20. That makes me think that he's still an uncarved block. He's been successful, but he still has time to become stronger, develop more as a pass rusher, and build off strengths which are pretty darn good.

I also like the fact that they say he's really instinctive, disruptive and always around the ball. He doesn't seem to finish the play, but he creates chaos.

26 minutes ago, grego said:

I heard him talking about vea and Payne. Can't remember what he said about Payne though. What did he say? 

Are you really worried about what Cooley thinks? He did a great job the first couple of years providing color for the games on radio (though the further they've gotten from Shanahan's stuff, which Cooley actually knew well, the worse that's gotten), but on Cooley & Kevin I always get the feeling he's just trying to fill air.

Ditto relieved from me. Lots of places of need, but this is definitely one of them. And probably the best talent fit on the board with Vea gone.

Archived