Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Michael Cohen/Trump SDNY Investigation Thread

No Excuses

11 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I dont think thats what he was insinuating. Hes probably like me in that he would like to see some of Trumps voters (fans, sheep, whatever) come to the reality that he is not the God King he and they think he is and that getting an abortion, something they are supposed to abhor, was a 'mistake' and that he live with the negative consequences that he deserves '(n conservative eyes, not mine) for it. 

Well what you'd actually see if Trump supporters realizing that abortion isn't as bad as they thought.

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well what you'd actually see if Trump supporters realizing that abortion isn't as bad as they thought.

Nah, they'd make an exception and move on, condemning as they went.

Abortion is quite possibly THE single most important issue insofar as how we got to this point.

If abortion is murder, people who support it are murderers.

You can forgive a hell of a lot if you assume the pro-choice candidate on the other side is a murderer.  Adultery?  Corruption?  Lies?  Racism?  Bad yeah, but at least they aren't a murderer.

If people suddenly don't worry about abortion anymore then they don't have that "but the other side murders babies" thing to fall back on as to why they support Rs who are otherwisr terrible people.

I will add one brief caveat.

The organizing principle of the modern TrumpGOP is "owning the libs."  As such, it is possible, but unproven, that the abortion moral point has been replaced by a simpler, less reasonable organizing concept, and to that end, I suppose it is possible that some GOP could become pro-choice to ensure continued support of Trump.

That only makes the eventual fall of the cult of personality even more interesting.

3 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Which is what I actually want. If I can get these people on record 8 years ago saying abortion is a sin, now saying its no big deal, and then in about 2 (hopefully) saying its a sin again then I can successfully prove to anyone with even a small amount of intellectual integrity and honesty that its all bull****. 

Worse case I can use it to either prove they have any honesty/integrity or not. Which is suspect I know the answer to anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

edit: dunno how to post tweets either. I thought it was just copy and paste with an extra space.

Normally there's a drop-down menu on a tweet right next to the username with an option to copy the link. This board doesn't recognize mobile links from Twitter.

40 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Which is what I actually want. If I can get these people on record 8 years ago saying abortion is a sin, now saying its no big deal, and then in about 2 (hopefully) saying its a sin again then I can successfully prove to anyone with even a small amount of intellectual integrity and honesty that its all bull****. 

The party endorsing a rapist pedophile wasn't enough? There's about 5 billion examples of their hypocrisy and full-of-****ness already. It won't matter. Nothing matters.

Let's not put Avenatti on too high if a pedestal.  By all accounts he's a good lawyer and great media guy, but he isn't without some warts.

Revel in his troll capabilities responsibly.

In any event, Cohen hasn't flipped.  They wouldn't be arresting him if he had.  That being said, he may be on his last legs.

On 6/13/2018 at 11:43 AM, Llevron said:

Worse case I can use it to either prove they have any honesty/integrity or not. Which is suspect I know the answer to anyway. 

So you want someone persecuted for something you insist is no big deal for personal gain/self gratification while preaching intellectual integrity and honesty ?

:rofl89:

7 minutes ago, twa said:

So you want someone persecuted for something you insist is no big deal for personal gain/self gratification while preaching intellectual integrity and honesty ?

Outing hypocrites is persecution? But the Christian Right doesn’t really need anymore of it. Everyone with a brain knows that they are the most morally degenerate bunch in the country.

17 minutes ago, twa said:

That's not even what he said. He was saying THEY would flip and say it's no big deal.

The point is, he suspects and justifiably so, that many of your political compatriots are lying hypocrites who push a narrative for tribal reasons, rather than principled ones.

Nice try, on the whole twisting his words attempt. You even got the persecution complex buzzword in there. If you'd also thrown a whataboutism or "still better than Hillary" in there we would have had conservative talking points bingo.

8 minutes ago, twa said:

You in particular I would love to see flip on your bull****. 

Fun thing about intellectual honesty is that I can be right AND an asshole at the same time. So no preaching required. 

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Fun thing about intellectual honesty is that I can be right AND an asshole at the same time. So no preaching required. 

So can I, and usually am. :)

1 hour ago, No Excuses said:

Outing hypocrites is persecution? But the Christian Right doesn’t really need anymore of it. Everyone with a brain knows that they are the most morally degenerate bunch in the country.

Good thing they go to church then, can you imagine how degenerate they would be left to their own? 

Certainly kept me from killing a few folk back when I attended.

12 minutes ago, Llevron said:

For all of his faults, twa has been unwavering over time on his views toward abortion.

On 6/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, Elessar78 said:

why are Cohen's lawyers dropping him?

Saw the evidence and want nothing to do with it? Know his finances and know he can't pay the cost of defense? 

First, I'm not sure that his lawyers are dropping him. Reports have been all over the place. I've read that 1) they are "parting ways"  2) he's dropping them, and 3) they are dropping him because of non-payment of fees. One benign explanation I heard for the switch is that he hired this firm because they were equipped for the monumental task of reviewing the thousands of documents seized to determine which they were going to claim as protected by attorney client privilege, and now that that task is done he needs a different type of representation.  Who knows.

Archived