Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vaya Con Dios, Manny! The plight of the 2018 Orioles

Spaceman Spiff

The O's sucking when Gausman has pitched has legitimately cost that guy a lot of wins. With a half decent offense in 2016, he wins 16-20 games. This season they cost him 4 or 5 more wins. Dude is going to win a lot of games for the Braves. Part of it is that he's no longer in the AL East and the other part is that Atlanta will score runs for the guy. 

58 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

No surprise...Gausman is on fire in ATL. 

Something is fundamentally wrong with the pitching development in the O's org. 

The really screwed up the way they used Gausman after his rookie season. When a guy has 20 starts and finishes with a 3.57 plus is flat out awesome in his role in the playoffs, you pencil that guy in to the starting rotation. It's amazing how after that great 2014 season the O's did so much wrong. 

Basically every start for Gausman in ATL has been against a team below league average in runs scored.

Looking at his game log, I'd say he had 6 "bad" starts, 3 of 'em were BOS and NYY, which is understandable. Then one each against PHI, MIN, and TBR.

So let's see how he does against some better competition, which he mainly hasn't faced since the trade, outside of one start against the Brewers.

Was This Raccoon Witch Cursing The Baltimore Orioles? An Investigation

The Baltimore Orioles came into Wednesday night a horrendous 52.5 games out of first place in the AL East, and an equally shocking and horrifying 40.5 games back of the AL Wild Card. All of that sucking and losing happened before 8:33 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, when it was announced that this devious raccoon had been removed from Oriole Park at Camden Yards, with the Orioles down 4–1 to the Blue Jays:

btszugbhafvuxi169961.png

Here is what happened after the suspicious beast was exiled:

Adam Jones cranked a mighty grand slam in the fifth inning to bring the Orioles into the lead!

Click on the link for more

• 2 weeks later...

Down 10-0 in the 3rd inning.  Geez these guys are Major League the movie bad (minus the whole make-a-run-at-the-end-to-win-the-pennant thing).  Is there anyone here who can honestly say they can't see the Orioles sucking royally for at least 3 - 4 more years before we're competitive again? :hitfan: 

35 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm about as down on this team as I've ever been and that's saying a LOT.  I can easily see none of the guys we got back panning out and just being a 65 win team for the next 10 years.

There is no way the O’s win even 50 games next season. 

I feel bad for Buck caused he squeezed everything he could out of the rosters the last few years but it’s time for EVERYONE to go. DD should’ve been fired in June before all the trades. Ownership is awful. 

2 hours ago, capcrunch98 said:

Down 10-0 in the 3rd inning.  Geez these guys are Major League the movie bad (minus the whole make-a-run-at-the-end-to-win-the-pennant thing).  Is there anyone here who can honestly say they can't see the Orioles sucking royally for at least 3 - 4 more years before we're competitive again? :hitfan: 

I can see it being longer than that. People keep trying to compare this to the Cubs or Astros but those teams have spent big money on pitchers and players that the O’s won’t ever do again.

Honestly, I wouldn’t blame any fan from walking away from this team. 5 non-losing seasons in 20 seasons and we are staring at historic losing for at least a few seasons after ownership slashed payroll.

33 minutes ago, Hersh said:

There is no way the O’s win even 50 games next season. 

I feel bad for Buck caused he squeezed everything he could out of the rosters the last few years but it’s time for EVERYONE to go. DD should’ve been fired in June before all the trades. Ownership is awful. 

I can see it being longer than that. People keep trying to compare this to the Cubs or Astros but those teams have spent big money on pitchers and players that the O’s won’t ever do again.

Honestly, I wouldn’t blame any fan from walking away from this team. 5 non-losing seasons in 20 seasons and we are staring at historic losing for at least a few seasons after ownership slashed payroll.

I think they win 60 games next year, maybe.  

I also think ownership got in the way of DD.  I don't really want Buck back but I think if left to his devices, DD could do a good job of steering the ship on a rebuild.

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I think they win 60 games next year, maybe.  

I also think ownership got in the way of DD.  I don't really want Buck back but I think if left to his devices, DD could do a good job of steering the ship on a rebuild.

I see this from a handful of others on MASN about DD and I really think it's based a lot more on grasping for hope in this **** show than it is in reality. DD has been flat out awful since 2015 with maybe one exception. 

Cashner is a really bad pitcher.

What the hell happened to Chance Sisco?  He needs to improve next year.  He was supposed to be one of our best prospects.  Mancini has had a down year...basically everyone we counted on has regressed, Bundy being the main one.  Guys are gonna have to make leaps and bounds if we are gonna win 60 games next year.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

If they're gonna be this bad for a while, it doesnt help that there's really no stud player in the minors that we're all dying to see, even after the trades.  And I mean, like a top 10 prospect in all of baseball kind of guy.  Somebody to really get excited about 

Well, we'll be drafting #1 in next year's draft, likely the year after that, and almost certainly top 3 for a couple more years after that.  So stay tuned...

Not sure if silver linings exist around mushroom clouds, but I did snag $8 seats 12 rows behind home plate for tomorrow's game.  I guess there's not much of a demand for a historically bad baseball team playing another bad team with summer over and football season starting and a 70% chance of thunderstorms.   

I wish that MLB allowed draft picks to be traded. It would really help teams add more draft picks and prospects to their systems. Imagine if the O's had gotten a couple 2nd round picks in addition to the so-so prospects they got back. I'd be a lot happier with the trades. 

Now that I'm older and have a kid, I don't know how much I'll really pay attention to the O's over the next few seasons. I mean, I'm barely watching games now and the idea of DD being back makes me think of how poorly the Skins were mismanaged for years. That experience pretty much destroyed me being a Skins fan. 

I love this team and will always watch when I can. But I live in California and have no desire to buy the MLB package when I know the team is gonna suck. This was the first year in a while I didn't attend an O's game in person, either at Camden or on the road.

There is always next year! You never know, we might snag some great free agent acquisitions! ?

A non sequitor, the season is too long. They seriously need to shorten, it is ridiculous.

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

I love this team and will always watch when I can. But I live in California and have no desire to buy the MLB package when I know the team is gonna suck. This was the first year in a while I didn't attend an O's game in person, either at Camden or on the road.

There is always next year! You never know, we might snag some great free agent acquisitions! ?

A non sequitor, the season is too long. They seriously need to shorten, it is ridiculous.

They should have double headers twice a month and shorten the season back to 154 games. 

I think next season starts March 28th which is way too early.

Archived