Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins receiving corp is beginning to shape up

Burgold

Bah Humbug.  I picked him as my offensive breakout player of the year.  

Oh, well.  AGG will get more reps.  

To those saying they should bring in Antonio Brown, I still wouldn't.  What's the point?  He's going to be suspended for a bit, and the 'Skins aren't going to win the SB this year, so shrug.

They probably do need to add another guy or two though...

I wonder if they might actually test the AB waters at this point. I don't think he's worth it but behind Terry we now only have one guy who's proven he can even play in the NFL, and that Sims who showed some nice flashes but really only showed up in the last 3 or 4 games. I certainly like AGG's skill set but we need to be honest here...he is from a small school and played mostly against inferior competition, so he's likely to need a bit of time to become a legit NFL WR. I hope I'm wrong about that and would love it if he balled out immediately, but IMO it's really unlikely for a 4th round rookie from a small school.

38 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

To those saying they should bring in Antonio Brown, I still wouldn't.  What's the point?  

They probably do need to add another guy or two though...

You answered your own question here.

Low risk, high reward.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m not sure it’s low risk. 

I can see why you would say that.

I wouldnt sign him if Zorn was here, but Rivera can either handle it or have balls to cut him before it gets out of hand, similar to BB.

If he wouldnt last a day here then he wont last a day here.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I can see why you would say that.

I wouldnt sign him if Zorn was here, but Rivera can either handle it or have balls to cut him before it gets out of hand, similar to BB.

If he wouldnt last a day here then he wont last a day here.

To me he’s unstable and he’s going to be suspend, ergo he’s not worth even 1 press conference question. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

To me he’s unstable and he’s going to be suspend, ergo he’s not worth even 1 press conference question. 

We are assuming this has no chance, I'm saying low chance.

I mean, so what if hes suspended and throws a tantrum.  He'll be cut and we can act like it never happened.

This isnt like good ol days where we'd put up with it for jersey sales.

And if it does work out, even jus a 50% AB is enough to not leave Terry on a double cover island the entire season.

This offense is going nowhere fast, we stand a bigger risk doing nothing then doing this, imo.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We are assuming this has no chance, I'm saying low chance.

I mean, so what if hes suspended and throws a tantrum.  He'll be cut and we can act like it never happened.

This isnt like good ol days where we'd put up with it for jersey sales.

And if it does work out, even jus a 50% AB is enough to not leave Terry on a double cover island the entire season.

This offense is going nowhere fast, we stand a bigger risk doing nothing then doing this, imo.

I want to buy what you’re selling.   

But he was a headache for Bill Bellichick.  That’s enough for me to say it’s not worth it.  If Bill and Tom couldn’t make it work, I don’t think Ron and Dwayne will, and I’d prefer not spending the cycles trying.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Another word......huh?

There could be a correlation between the virus and his injury.

Some players have taken it upon themselves to work out, with the absence of OTA's.

As a result, their workouts may have deviated, especially not being under supervision of coaches and trainers.

It may be a reach to say there's a connection, but I suppose it's possible.

• Like 1

with the P.r **** storm that's brewing on the horizon Is it a good idea to add antonio brown to the mix?

it'd be like adding a gremlin to the titanic, it won't be your biggest problem once the ship starts taking on water but its certainly not gonna help.

could be rather entertaining though.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

with the P.r **** storm that's brewing on the horizon Is it a good idea to add antonio brown to the mix?

Dude...the **** storm is far from just brewing...its been like a 20 year flood of **** storm. .

Edited by Xameil
  • Like 1

Just now, Xameil said:

Dude...the **** storm is far from just brewing...its been like a 20 year flood of **** storm. .

yeah, no doubt but reports are something big is coming soon, plus with the entirely new coaching staff and the name change this is shaping up to be the most tumultuous offseason in team history by a huge margin. 

no need to add fuel to the fire, let's just avoid any other possible snares where we can.

or as I said before we could add the gremlin and watch the chaos multiply before our eyes.

could be the only fun we have this year anyway. 

The Skins don’t seem like the fit for AB at this stage, though, the locker room/Zoom room appears to be getting stronger. The Skins aren’t far from these type of risky guys not being risky due to to the Zoom culture. 

Teams will await word on ABs suspension. 

1 hour ago, Xameil said:

The team with the racist name that was the last to sign a black athlete years ago, that's being forced to change it's racist name by sponsors and advertisers is about to have a major story about racism being common inside the organization. It's truly shocking.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

The team with the racist name that was the last to sign a black athlete years ago, that's being forced to change it's racist name by sponsors and advertisers is about to have a major story about racism being common inside the organization. It's truly shocking.

7596791d059075e7a5302bd5b0904731.png

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

There is no reason to add AB. The team is trying to build for the future and he’s not a part of it. SiriusXM mentioned someone like Chris Hogan who was on the panthers last year. I’d be down for that.

Yeah, as tempting as it could be to have a talent like AB on the team, his headcase antics aren't worth it in the long run. We're not Super Bowl bound this year but we're building a strong roster and looking to the near future. AB is also 32 years old so it's not like he's just entering his prime either. I think he's too toxic for Rivera to touch. Cam is a diva and a bit of a pain in the ass, but AB is in a different ballpark. 

• Like 1

What is the point of signing AB?  He's currently ALREADY facing a suspension so if we bring him in he's likely to ALREADY miss the first 8 weeks of the season. 

He doesn't even have to mess up and the first half the season is lost for him.  This was posted on July 2nd... 

You bring him in, he doesn't touch the field til potentially week 9, and you're taking reps away from the young bucks on a team who isn't AB away from contending.  We're likely AT MINIMUM not close til 2021, and that's if EVERYTHING breaks right..  We should not be looking at spending any real money on any players that we don't think can contribute for the next 3-5 years.  Bringing in a Vet is a necessity now, but not someone who's going to challenge for the no 1 WR spot unless we believe they can do so long term.   Bring in Jarius Wright, Demaryius Thomas, Chris Hogan.. fine as long as they're not expensive.  They can help stabilize the meeting room and two of the three have succeeded at the highest level.  They won't push Mclaurin for his spot, and likely would be our 3rd or 4th WR for the next 2 - 3 seasons.  Vet leadership in a young group.. 

Edited by OVCChairman

2 hours ago, PlayAction said:

This year is just one long extended preseason - an opportunity for the coaches to see which players are a good fit.

Sadly, I think this is really gonna turn out to be true.  I would have liked to see what Terry could have done in a truly competitive season.  A few other players especially too.

Edited by Vanguard

Remember that photo of Haskins, McLaurin, Sims, and Harmon where Harmon looked pissed and some people said he wasn't getting along with Haskins?  What's the timing of that photo in regards to Harmon's injury.

Ironically, I was watching game footage of another Washington Harmon - Clarence.  The lone bright spot of the 1980 season (DeeCees 40 Chargers 17) is on youtube.  The next day (December 8, 1980) was also a day that will live in infamy.