Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Kirk Cousins breaks his silence after Redskins trade for Alex Smith

TK

15 minutes ago, XtremeFan55 said:

After 6 years of Redskins dysfunction and pettiness...Cousins will be like a kid standing at the entrance of Magic Kingom at Disney World looking down Main Street at the castle for the first time.

Great analogy!! Their just seems to be a level of spite and vindictiveness just not needed at Redskins Park.  Not just regarding KC but a lot of people.

I can’t see the Vikings trusting their future in the hands of Bridgewater after his knee injury.  The man almost lost his leg.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teddy-bridgewaters-gruesome-injury-reportedly-153352820.html

There may be some loyalty or appreciation but this was very serious.  Almost like Ryan Shazier looking to get back into the NFL after being paralyzed.  

I am wondering if Keenum ends up backing Cousins in Minnesota.  

I can see the appeal of Minnesota to Cousins besides the obvious.  Having grown up in Holland, Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan with those lake effect snowfalls, Minnesota would be like home to him.  I grew up outside of Buffalo and loved it.  Would have given my right arm to be there during that blizzard game last season.  Not every player wants to play in warm and glamorous places.  HOF Reggie White could have gone anywhere but chose Green Bay.

If it is a backup role then the most likely candidate there is Bridgewater as he is not likely to be given a legitimate starting opportunity elsewhere after 2 years out of the game.  The fact that they activated Bradford in the playoffs and did not have Teddy dress tells you a lot about how the Vikings feel about his recovery and it is not encouraging.

Keenum is going to start for someone next year, he is going to be a consolation prize to one of the teams that miss out on Kirk or he will end up as a bridge starter in somewhere like Cleveland and Bradford figures to go the same route.  I think they really like Sloter and feel they would be good to go with him and Kirk considering how durable Kirk has been in his career.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I am mostly talking about ex-players. I have the fortune of meeting several players who have chronicled how the team treats them like a commodity. For example, most teams have a suite reserved for ex players to watch games together. The Redskins put ex players in suites that are Dan's buddies to entertain. If they participate in homecoming, they are required to work for the team in some capacity - either signing autographs, smoozing with Dan's buddy's etc. There is more but you get the gist. Out of respect for their privacy I cannot say exactly who they are - so I get it if you do not believe me. It does not change the facts. I did not want to believe it either until I talked to some of the players first hand. 

Is that still going on . I am asking just out of curiosity . I know that was a critusm of Dan and I can believe it happened but it was a Bruce Allen aim to improve things with the ex alumni ... if it's still going on then that's bad ... but equally you could chronical where the organisation has helped players and ex players out at times of need . 

1 hour ago, XtremeFan55 said:

I can see the appeal of Minnesota to Cousins besides the obvious.  Having grown up in Holland, Michigan on the shores of Lake Michigan with those lake effect snowfalls, Minnesota would be like home to him.  I grew up outside of Buffalo and loved it.  Would have given my right arm to be there during that blizzard game last season.  Not every player wants to play in warm and glamorous places.  HOF Reggie White could have gone anywhere but chose Green Bay.

The Minneapolis area is very nice and Cousins being a Michigander will feel at home there.  It's a perfect match for him and the team although Kirk's Georgia bride may have an issue with the Minnesota winters.

Just read an article on Rick Spielman, GM of Vikings.  He states that he looks for good players with character....that he prefers to work around good people....and that he would sacrifice some talent to get that type of player.   Sounds like the polar opposite of Allen.  Match made in heaven.  I predict Cousins makes two visits, first to Minnesota then to Denver, then makes his decision on the 17th for the Vikings.  After 6 years of Redskins dysfunction and pettiness...Cousins will be like a kid standing at the entrance of Magic Kingdom at Disney World looking down Main Street at the castle for the first time.

And then there is this where Zimmer is concerned about having too much tied into one player - who is full if it and who is telling the truth!!  LOL 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-seems-wary-giving-one-qb-much-money-181924721.html

14 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

That was Scot, not Bruce. And it was after a huge win over the packers in prime time. That is a silly thing to lose respect for a player over ? good lord. Our fans these days...

Whoops.....however, the fact remains he could have been a bit more respectful. It also is not "these days" I've been this way since 1973.

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I've said numerous times Gruden was all over the Smith trade and his presser confirms that. He'd moved on from Kirk just as Kirk had move down on from the Redskins. 

Gruden is an Allen hire and ‘crony’ from the Tampa days so of course he is going to follow the company line in order to appease Allen to keep his job.  I will be watching to see what happens this year if the wheels fall off, Smith struggles and Redskins end up at something like 5-11 or 6-10.  I assume Allen will be indispensable and firmly entrenched...but how will Allen justify extending Gruden who I believe is working off his final year of previous extension.  Will Allen extend Gruden again after a losing season....or will he be looking for the next head coach...and if he is....who is left out there with close ties from the Tampa years?  Are there any more puppets out there?  I can’t see any other reputable coach worth his salt coming here.  

This last post by @XTremeFan55 kind of expmlifies thins for me . 

In his presser Jay Gruden - all round nice guy a good head coach finds - said  it was time for the redskins to move on judt as Kirk had moved on from the Skins - but Jay didn’t exactly say there was no blame but both sides had faults ..... this has always been my position but page after page post after post the FO is vilified time and time again ...

But it gets ridiculous when anyone - and I mean anyone who goes against this tide ..  or even tries to add an element of subjectivity is immediately dismissed as a Bruce Allen crony - people are allowed to have opinions other than yours and not be part of some conspiracy of incompetence....  

Stop 

Just please stop 

it’s like the worst of the worst mean girls  clubs in here 

my my bottom line is this ... 

The QB has to buy in and has to be committed - 100% ... which is why they get paid so much ... which is why they are the face of the franchise . Kirk never really did - for whatever reason ... but  it’s over ... move on 

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

And then there is this where Zimmer is concerned about having too much tied into one player - who is full if it and who is telling the truth!!  LOL 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/vikings-coach-mike-zimmer-seems-wary-giving-one-qb-much-money-181924721.html

Zimmer is not the GM so won't be the one spending the money anyway but in truth nobody is going to come out and say they want Kirk this week because regardless of his pending Free Agency it is still technically tampering at this point.  Actions speak louder than words so if the Vikings don't sign any of their guys from 2017 before March 14th then you can bet your a$$ they are all in for Kirk.

I will be watching to see what happens this year if the wheels fall off, Smith struggles and Redskins end up at something like 5-11 or 6-10.  I assume Allen will be indispensable and firmly entrenched...but how will Allen justify extending Gruden who I believe is working off his final year of previous extension.  

I think Grudens contract runs through three more seasons, as it is.

Maske is typically reluctant to throw things against the wall.  This jives I think with latest buzz.  Last week I was thinking Jets -- but some talk about them zoning in hard on Mayfield if Kirk can't be had.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2018/03/01/vikings-emerge-as-favorites-to-land-kirk-cousins-at-nfl-combine/?utm_term=.c0fc6e8efadd

NDIANAPOLIS — The Minnesota Vikings increasingly are viewed within the NFL as a top contender to sign quarterback Kirk Cousins when the league’s free agent market opens later this month.

Several agents who don’t represent Cousins but who have knowledge of the upcoming market for quarterbacks said they consider the Vikings the favorite to sign Cousins, who’s eligible for unrestricted free agency after three straight 4,000-yard passing seasons for the Washington Redskins.

An executive with one NFL team expected to be in the market for a quarterback said he also expects Cousins to pick the Vikings.

“We think he’ll end up in Minnesota,” that executive said, speaking on the condition of anonymity because Cousins technically is not available at this point.

There also remains some sentiment across the league that the Denver Broncos and New York Jets will make strong bids to sign Cousins.

25 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I think Grudens contract runs through three more seasons, as it is.

Which I believe will fall in sync with Smiths deal, good chance that essentially drops out as a 3 year 65mil type deal. Sure the two are aligned.

1 hour ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Zimmer is not the GM so won't be the one spending the money anyway but in truth nobody is going to come out and say they want Kirk this week because regardless of his pending Free Agency it is still technically tampering at this point.  Actions speak louder than words so if the Vikings don't sign any of their guys from 2017 before March 14th then you can bet your a$$ they are all in for Kirk.

My point was people talking every which way. But thanks for letting me know who did what lob. I was totally unaware what roles they played.  :chair:

Of course they are all full of ****!!!!  That was point, not who said what! It was a trick question. Thankfully you fell for it. I knew I would get someone!

So thank you very much for playing along......  :rofl89:

1 minute ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

So I agreed with your point and got a post full of retarded sarcasm, thank you for playing along and showing your (lack of) class.

It was supposed to be funny not an attack. If it came off that way then please accept my sincere apologies. I honestly was not trying to be an ass. Just trying to have some fun. 

Again, if it came off wrong I apologize. It truly was not my intent. I almost stated as such at the end but didn't. I usually do since things can be easily read a much different way than you meant them. 

I honestly think the fear from everyone is that Cleveland is going to push a truly ludicrous amount of money in the middle of the table and totally disrupt not only free agency but the salary structure in the league going forward. Everyone knows what the going rate on a top-end QB is, and everyone would prefer Russell Wilson on a rookie deal. But that's just not feasible.

QBs do make entirely too much money and the best ones are probably underpaid. It's a whacky system.

Zimmer and JG are buddies from their Bengals days together so I'm sure they talk. Maybe JG hasn't had the greatest things to say about KC and Zimmer isn't on board with breaking the bank for him? Just a thought.

12 hours ago, DJHJR86 said:

This is the part that scares me the most.  I can't believe people think there's going to be a minimal to no drop off going from Kirk to Alex.  

As for Kirk not being a leader, this was back in December...

A leader doesn't go on an interview and say he doesn't wanna marry his team and that he is good with one year deals. 

http://www.nbcsports.com/washington/video/best-kirk-cousins-end-year-interview

3 hours ago, bedlamVR said:

my my bottom line is this ... 

The QB has to buy in and has to be committed - 100% ... which is why they get paid so much ... which is why they are the face of the franchise . Kirk never really did - for whatever reason ... but  it’s over ... move on 

YUP. 

btw, you had me at MY, my ....

Archived