Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The *Budget Fight* Thread (Jan 2018 Edition)-

Fergasun

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

What did he say that was factually wrong? The only thing I saw was about the left passing an immigration Bill. And then TWA posted a rundown of the bill that makes it look like it wasn't really a border security bill at all anyways. And thentshile came by and agreed. But before that even happen someone else already started talking about what the GOP done. And I was talking about when he said we can't discuss the left here at all without someone saying but the GOP.

He is wrong that the Dems don't care about border security or that Dems don't prioritize border security. Standing alone or comparing them to actual lack of actions by the GOP show the opposite. 2007, it was the GOP that scuttled George W Bush's immigration reform work. In 2013, Dems passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill with 14 GOP senators and it wasn't voted on by the GOP house. In 2014, even asking for a tiny amount of money by comparison that would have processed and deported people faster and added some border security, the GOP refused to act. 

3 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Understanding how the two parties approach issues they don't champion is important.

I actually do think the left would be better served if it took immigration more seriously and as I recall, out of the 1 million policy proposals Hillary had, she didn't really have a comprehensive plan for securing the southern border.

i feel like it falls into a category of no one wanting to have it attached ot them, because if it's a failure then their political career will end.

they're all chicken ****.

there's also the idea that divisive issues are move valuable to politicians unsolved, than solved... (certainly moreso than attempted to solve, and failed)

15 minutes ago, Hersh said:

He is wrong that the Dems don't care about border security or that Dems don't prioritize border security. Standing alone or comparing them to actual lack of actions by the GOP show the opposite. 2007, it was the GOP that scuttled George W Bush's immigration reform work. In 2013, Dems passed a comprehensive immigration reform bill with 14 GOP senators and it wasn't voted on by the GOP house. In 2014, even asking for a tiny amount of money by comparison that would have processed and deported people faster and added some border security, the GOP refused to act. 

The GOP preferred to stop more coming over throwing funds at a deportation support system that does not work and a executive that undermined deportation.

the best way to reduce overcrowding and backlogs is to shut the door.

3 minutes ago, twa said:

The GOP preferred to stop more coming over throwing funds at a deportation support system that does not work and a executive that undermined deportation.

the best way to reduce overcrowding and backlogs is to shut the door.

So, you are in favor of the Wall.

Wow. You have gone full Trump. You should never go full Trump.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

So, you are in favor of the Wall.

Wow. You have gone full Trump. You should never go full Trump.

I'm in favor of border security....if it takes putting up a wall as a lasting memorial to Dem intransigence then so be it.

I hope Sessions succeeds in making govt officials criminally liable when shielding illegals as well. 

I'm in favor of hitting businesses that employ then too.

14 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I thought about not putting my disclaimer at the bottom.  Maybe even getting TWA and Nonniey to defend it just so I can laugh.

I did not see that disclaimer.

Not saying it wasn't there, I just didn't see it :)

All I saw was the image, so I said that :)

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

I thought about not putting my disclaimer at the bottom.  Maybe even getting TWA and Nonniey to defend it just so I can laugh.

ya forgot to source it.....and #9 is wrong, Mexico will pay for it. 

48 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Image may contain: text

Not saying any of that is true or that I agree with it.  I just wanted you all to know what the right wingers are sharing on Facebook.  Must be true, it says "Facts!" at the top.  It has an exclamation point and everything.

If so, then right wingers are bigger ****tards than we ever imagined.

I'd bet with a few minutes of googling, all these facts could be snoped out even by the lowest information voter.

Edit..heck I'll even start twa down the right road.  ;)

https://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/taxes.asp

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

If so, then right wingers are bigger ****tards than we ever imagined

Wait

This surprises you?

It pretty much fits their online communications to a T.

The only thing it's missing is FW:, a line or two in big red, bold text.

And a shot at obama.

I guess I have a lower opinion of them than you :)

10-12 year period is too high.  If that is the case than expand it from current numbers to 2M dreamers.  Otherwise, 5 year path is reasonable, especially for people already here 10-12 years.

Issue on border security is definition... 

Good to see GOP with some reasonable stance.

Also, I read oped by Cotton, Grassley, and Perdue about chain migration end... still sounds like immediate family is allowed.  

Public pressure has gotten this... 

2 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

I'm just not part of their email/Facebook chains I guess.

Once I replied all with a throughly cited rant on how Obama wasnt the devil destroying the economy the frequency dropped dramatically.

Now I'll get 3 or 4 in the throws of a big campaign.

They're terrible. Trust me. The font size and color changes alone are enough to make you think "what idiots read this...."

I would love for somebody to ask these people what a "secure" border would look like.  If we actually built a wall across the whole border between the US and Mexico would that make it secure?

Or do we need armed guards at the top to protect from people making holes in it or going over it?

What about people digging it?

What do they think would actually need to be done at the border to slow down illegal immigration?

1 minute ago, twa said:

sensors, rapid response teams and drones 

we could stake some zombies out on the other side, maybe a chuycahbra every mile or so.

So every time an animal or tumble weed crosses the border, you are going to deploy a rapid response team?

And when they dig under where the sensors are?

Unless you are willing to go East Germany levels of border security, there is no way to secure the border and that would be outrageously expensive.

If they don't come over the border, they will go around (in boats) or under whatever you have there.

The way to stop illegal immigration is to dry up the jobs and that means going after people/companies that hire illegals.  And that will never happen (on a regular basis, there will be a few months where it appears the government is going to go that route) because those people/companies have too much economic and political power.

Archived