Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

After the total ass beating laid on them today, the Mets are down to a negative differential. LOL They had such good luck all year, it was bound to turn eventually.

We've got a major test tomorrow and can begin climbing in the standings with a few more wins. 

Looking at the pipeline and arrival dates, I’d love to see them get Soto a little work at 1B and see how it suits him. Zimmerman’s contract is up after 2020, Soto’s age 21 season. He could be our opening day starting 1B in 2021. 

Of course, I think Eaton’s deal is up around the same time (maybe through 2021), so OF may work out fine. 

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Looking at the pipeline and arrival dates, I’d love to see them get Soto a little work at 1B and see how it suits him. Zimmerman’s contract is up after 2020, Soto’s age 21 season. He could be our opening day starting 1B in 2021. 

Of course, I think Eaton’s deal is up around the same time (maybe through 2021), so OF may work out fine. 

The one thing Acuna has on Soto is defense. Soto is an average-at-best defender.

But, dingerz. Soto will hit lots of dingerz

And I would not be surprised if he makes a Sept. appearance this year, call-up next year. If he continues brutalizing Carolina League pitching, he'll be in Harrisburg before long.

Weather looks like they'll be able to get the game in tonight. Hopefully it holds....or starts well before 1st pitch so there is no drama around it.

On the topic of guys in the minors. I love the next wave.

Victor Robles. OF.
Juan Soto. OF.
Carter Kieboom. SS.
Erick Fedde. RHP.
Seth Romero. LHP.
Luis Garcia. SS/2B.
Yasel Antuna. SS/3B.
Wil Crowe. RHP.

Rizzo has them lined up to have options for many years.

We also have this kid Anthony Rendon at High-A. Went two for four last night with a double. Book on him is a solid stroke, elite plate discipline, 20-25 HR/40+ Doubles power, elite defender, Trea Turner's favorite player.

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

We also have this kid Anthony Rendon at High-A. Went two for four last night with a double. Book on him is a solid stroke, elite plate discipline, 20-25 HR/40+ Doubles power, elite defender, Trea Turner's favorite player.

I heard he can be pretty good....and humble.

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Probably when Walter Johnson was still playing.

Even when this team was losing 100 games awhile back, it's been a much better situation than the Senators ever were - especially the expansion team. What a **** show.

Lineups tonight at Nats Park.  Bryce batting leadoff again.  Matt Adams in left. Pitcher - Gio - batting 8th and Wilmer Difo batting 9th.

NATIONALS
RF Bryce Harper
SS Trea Turner
LF Matt Adams
1B Ryan Zimmerman
2B Howie Kendrick
C Matt Wieters
CF Michael A. Taylor
LHP Gio Gonzalez
3B Wilmer Difo

PHILLIES
2B César Hernández
LF Rhys Hoskins
CF Odúbel Herrera
RF Aaron Altherr
1B Carlos Santana
3B Maikel Franco
SS Scott Kingery
C Jorge Alfaro
RHP Nick Pivetta

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Phils throwing all rightys against us in the series.  We should have a pitching advantage in every game.  Would be great to get Rendon back on Sunday against Arrieta. 

Expected back tomorrow beat writers are saying. Playing 3B for PNats tonight. Barring no set backs of course.

So, does a team trade for his 5.5M salary knowing he'll be a UFA next year or just wait till he clears? I think some AL team probably will offer something with the belief a change of cities is worth a chance and might get him to re-up.

If he isn't traded. Some team should offer him a 2 year deal with the idea of shutting him down for the rest of '18 just to rehab and rebuild everything under no pressure. 

Archived