Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

17 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Along those lines: though not an overwhelmingly dominant night, Max still had 9K and one walk. Two homers, yes but still a damn good night as far as I'm concerned.

We are so spoiled by Scherzer, we get this kind of outing and we're like "meh, I guess it's pretty good"

4 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

So when everyone is healthy where does Soto bat?

Eaton, Soto, Harper, Rendon, Murphy, Zimmerman, Turner, Wieters?

Good problem to have.  I don't like Turner being that low because he'll be trying to steal bases with the catcher and pitcher at bat, feel like that's wasting him. But I get having Soto in that slot as well. I'm so frustrated with Harper right now, I want to switch him with Turner, Harper isn't hurt.

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Does Soto have a shot at ROY? I can't imagine any other rookie in the NL being this good but I haven't really been keeping up.

He's passed the 90 AB minimum to be eligible, he hasn't played enough to match some of the other rookies, but his averages are like top 2, top 4, like batting average and OBP.  Stuff like the number of RBIs and HRs may be problem because they are more sexier, and unless he goes on a truly torrent pace, he won't catchup to people that already have more then twice as many ABs.  He belongs in the convo in terms of best rookie, but I don't think he'll ROY.

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

He's passed the 90 AB minimum to be eligible, he hasn't played enough to match some of the other rookies, but his averages are like top 2, top 4, like batting average and OBP.  Stuff like the number of RBIs and HRs may be problem because they are more sexier, and unless he goes on a truly torrent pace, he won't catchup to people that already have more then twice as many ABs.  He belongs in the convo in terms of best rookie, but I don't think he'll ROY.

The guy is incredible...who else is having good rookie seasons? 

2 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

When I was at the Yankees - Nats double heard, I was having some convos with some Yankee fans and they mentioned Torres.  He was their Soto before our Soto came on the scene, has nearly twice as many AB as well.  Given Yankees are in first place and setup for another deep run, ya, Torres may get ROY instead, can see if a mile away.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

When I was at the Yankees - Nats double heard, I was having some convos with some Yankee fans and they mentioned Torres.  He was their Soto before our Soto came on the scene, has nearly twice as many AB as well.  Given Yankees are in first place and setup for another deep run, ya, Torres may get ROY instead, can see if a mile away.

Don't they have AL and NL ROYs?

Phillies getting the favorable matchup--they get our three worst pitchers. Roark has not been good his last 3 outings (5.09 ERA; .889 OPS against), he matches up with Zach Eflin who has posted a 1.93 ERA against the Cubs and Milwaukee twice--both far better offenses than we have right now--his last three times out.

Aaron Nola is a stud. He faces Fedde. Then we have Rodriguez against Pivetta. Hope Jefry can find the zone and Pivetta is Bad-Pivetta.

If we don't get swept, I'll consider that a win.

28 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

This is cool. Sortable rookie stats.  You can do all MLB, or separate out AL or NL:

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_rookie.jsp

Soto is second in the NL in BA behind the Pirates' Austin Meadows, tops in OBP and OPS.  (Soto is also tied with Meadows for least games played among the NL rookies listed.)

Among NL rookies Soto is 2nd in average, and 1st in OBP and OPS(tied 1st for slugging). He's also 4th in HRs despite significantly fewer games.

I'd say NL ROTY right now is probably gonna be Christian Villanueva of the Padres with his 16 homers and 37 RBI, but if Soto keeps up this pace for the 2nd half of the season, I think he'd be right up there with him for votes. Especially if he's the main catalyst for a playoff contender. Villanueva, Soto, and Meadows are the top 3 IMO.

Archived