Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Free Agency Database - (Signed: WILLIAMS - McPhee - Scandrick - P-Rich) - (Lauvao, Bergstrom, Nsehke, Taylor, Z. Brown and Quick re-signed)

DC9

2 hours ago, Panninho said:

Maybe we can talk DeMarco Murray out of retirement?

At this point I would also give Alfred Morris a call, he is definitely better than everyone we have right now as first/second down RB. But I guess we will just stick to Kelley and Perine...

The idea of pinning our hopes for a decent running game on Kelley and Perine is depressing as hell. However I would like to see more of Marshall and Bibbs. I am really not sure about them.  Who is on the street right now that we can bring in?   I like Morris.  Actually in  a few games I saw him with the Girls, he ran very well, but then they went away from him a few times when he was pounding it, and that was a head scratcher.  I think it is worth a shot. Forget Peterson and Murray.   

1 hour ago, skinsmania123 said:

The idea of pinning our hopes for a decent running game on Kelley and Perine is depressing as hell. However I would like to see more of Marshall and Bibbs. I am really not sure about them.  Who is on the street right now that we can bring in?   I like Morris.  Actually in  a few games I saw him with the Girls, he ran very well, but then they went away from him a few times when he was pounding it, and that was a head scratcher.  I think it is worth a shot. Forget Peterson and Murray.   

I generally agree about Marshall and Bibbs. However, I think that they are rather competing for the job behind Thompson as third down backs. I think we will carry 4 RBs on the roster. If only for the reason that Thompson is not back to 100% and also very injury prone. So one of them will probably make it anyway.

I just don't like the idea of basically giving out guaranteed roster spots to Perine and Kelley because we don't have anyone else. At least bring someone in and let them earn the roster spot.

1 hour ago, Panninho said:

I generally agree about Marshall and Bibbs. However, I think that they are rather competing for the job behind Thompson as third down backs. I think we will carry 4 RBs on the roster. If only for the reason that Thompson is not back to 100% and also very injury prone. So one of them will probably make it anyway.

I just don't like the idea of basically giving out guaranteed roster spots to Perine and Kelley because we don't have anyone else. At least bring someone in and let them earn the roster spot.

Those are all valid points.  I hate the mentality of this FO.  Yes, bring someone in.  I wish they would bring Morris in.  We have nothing to lose by giving him a shot. He is certainly better then Kelley. 

Some things I’ve read indicate that Mike Gillislee in New England will be available.   I think he would be worth a 6 or 7 round pick-  Ameer Abdullah and Charcandrick West likely will be released-  Not sure I would give up draft capital but I think they would be an upgrade if you could claim them.  

3 hours ago, skinsmania123 said:

Those are all valid points.  I hate the mentality of this FO.  Yes, bring someone in.  I wish they would bring Morris in.  We have nothing to lose by giving him a shot. He is certainly better then Kelley. 

really?  I think in the past two years they've been pretty close to equal

1 hour ago, carex said:

really?  I think in the past two years they've been pretty close to equal

Well not really if we compare 2017.   Morris averaged 4.8 per carry and Kelley 3.1.  And while there is not a big enough sample size for Kelley he has never impressed me.   But I will concede that the Cowboys have a better run block O line then we do.   

5 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Well not really if we compare 2017.   Morris averaged 4.8 per carry and Kelley 3.1.  And while there is not a big enough sample size for Kelley he has never impressed me.   But I will concede that the Cowboys have a better run block O line then we do.   

Kelley only played seven games last year due to injury so I think comparing 2017 doesn't work

20 minutes ago, carex said:

Kelley only played seven games last year due to injury so I think comparing 2017 doesn't work

I see where you are going with this but there is not enough of a sample size of Kelley to say they are comparable but you sure are trying.  Morris has proven himself. And the statistics game, as we know, from numerous discussions on this board can be fairly misleading.  But when it comes to situational football,  Kelley did not impress me.  He did not come through with tough yards, those third downs when we needed him to. That has been constant for the Skins.   And if he was that great we would all be raving about him, wouldn't we?   Well he certainly will get his chance - "Fit Rob" - yup let's see it.

Morris got tough yards for us and the Girls last year when Zeke was out but they stupidly went away from him in some of those games which was a ridiculous.  He was really running well.  

based on the average running back and the fact  that each year with us he had steadily diminishing returns I think Alfred Morris is done.

Kelley averaged almost four yards a carry his rookie year, I think he can get back to that.

We're fine

20 minutes ago, carex said:

based on the average running back and the fact  that each year with us he had steadily diminishing returns I think Alfred Morris is done.

Kelley averaged almost four yards a carry his rookie year, I think he can get back to that.

We're fine

Nah. He's better

50 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Nah. He's better

we weren't in that great a shape last year and the Cowboys, despite some performances like that, opted not to bring him back

43 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

That bad fit was still better than Kelly at his best. I guess that makes Kelly a worse fit. :P

Actually in his last year he averaged 3.7 yds per carry.  At his best Kelly got 3.9

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You haven't heard Gruden talk about him? Or everyone saying how much smaller and faster he is? 

I heard the Gruden talk, but I thought you meant fans on the board, regarding Kelly. I must have missed that.

But that is funny how the tune changed on Perine, before and after Guice's injury

16 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I heard the Gruden talk, but I thought you meant fans on the board, regarding Kelly. I must have missed that.

But that is funny how the tune changed on Perine, before and after Guice's injury

Players have been talking about Kelley too. As have the reporters at camp. Point is he was looking good until Guise went down also. 

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

The tune hasn't changed about Perine. The reason people want to trade him is because they think he's garbage lol

Ask yourselves, do you want to go into next season with all your rushing hopes on a 2nd year RB whose coming off an ACL?

The Guice injury not only hurts because we don't have him this year but it creates uncertainty for upcoming years.

For 3 years now our offense seems to roll into camp with all of our chips placed on players who were hurt the previous season, it's exhausting.

Archived