Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bruce Allen/GM Thread

Makaveli

25 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I said before, I think the news comes out on a Friday afternoon.  Might be tomorrow.  My bet is it’s next Friday.  

Yup. Has to be soon. Any good coach who wants to come here needs to know if Allen is staying or not. If staying then they aren't coming here. 

We've got 3 Division games left.

Bruce is 3 games short of having 100 losses on his record here.

If/when we drop 3 straight Division games to end the season,  firing Bruce's ass should be Dan's instant satisfaction reflex move. :) 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Oh come on, it’s not even the end of the season yet, nobody knows if he’s “safe” or not 😂😂😂 if anyone actually thinks he survives a 3-13 season.....i have an ocean-front house in Wisconsin I’d like to show you 🤷🏻‍♂️

Uh, he's already survived a 3-13 season.   Shanny's last year was a 3-13 season.  Danny kept Bruce and let Bruce hire the next coach.

27 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Uh, he's already survived a 3-13 season.   Shanny's last year was a 3-13 season.  Danny kept Bruce and let Bruce hire the next coach.

Difference is that was pretty early on in his tenure here, not year TEN and three failed seasons in a row. I know Snyder is dumb as ****, but he’s not dumb enough to not know Bruce has to go at the end of this season. 

Also, to those that are whining that a decision has to be made RIGHT THIS INSTANT, uh, false. As others have pointed out, The coaches we’d want wouldn’t even be available until they’re out of the playoffs anyway.

Say for example Snyder knows he wants to name Kyle Smith the GM. He can fire Bruce immediately after week 17 @ Dallas game (that Sunday or Monday, name Kyle Smith the GM, and have Kyle Smith go out and start interviewing coaches. Nothing HAS to be done right this instant like most seem to be claiming 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Difference is that was pretty early on in his tenure here, not year TEN and three failed seasons in a row. I know Snyder is dumb as ****, but he’s not dumb enough to not know Bruce has to go at the end of this season. 

Also, to those that are whining that a decision has to be made RIGHT THIS INSTANT, uh, false. As others have pointed out, The coaches we’d want wouldn’t even be available until they’re out of the playoffs anyway.

Say for example Snyder knows he wants to name Kyle Smith the GM. He can fire Bruce immediately after week 17 @ Dallas game (that Sunday or Monday, name Kyle Smith the GM, and have Kyle Smith go out and start interviewing coaches. Nothing HAS to be done right this instant like most seem to be claiming 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Danny would have to interview Doug first, to satisfy the Rooney rule.

No, it doesn't have to be done right this instant but if you don't want be behind the other teams; you fill the GM position asap.  Thing is, I don't see GM being hired first.  

you have to much faith to think Dan will do things in the normal way.  If Dan already has someone ready to replace Bruce, it;s probably another puppet.

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Danny would have to interview Doug first, to satisfy the Rooney rule.

No, it doesn't have to be done right this instant but if you don't want be behind the other teams; you fill the GM position asap.  Thing is, I don't see GM being hired first.  

you have to much faith to think Dan will do things in the normal way.  If Dan already has someone ready to replace Bruce, it;s probably another puppet.

So he “interviews” Doug Williams on Tuesday, named Kyle Smith the GM Wednesday. Done. 

I’m not saying that’s what will indeed happen. What i am saying is that’s how I’d do things, or what I’d LIKE to see him do. It has nothing to do with me having faith in him to do things in a normal way. 

4 hours ago, TK said:

We've got 3 Division games left.

Bruce is 3 games short of having 100 losses on his record here.

If/when we drop 3 straight Division games to end the season,  firing Bruce's ass should be Dan's instant satisfaction reflex move. :) 

If we lose 2 of the 3 it should still be. 

2 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So he “interviews” Doug Williams on Tuesday, named Kyle Smith the GM Wednesday. Done. 

Not really.

Dan would have to name a Team President, because that's Bruce's title. So anyone interviewed for Bruce's job should be for team president position.

Then Team President will name GM who will then name HC.

That should be the normal thing of operations.

Still, I think we'll have a HC before a TP or GM in place... Which makes me sad.

4 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

Still, I think we'll have a HC before a TP or GM in place... Which makes me sad.

Most likely. It'll probably be the new HC who decides the new FO executives. It just feels like time for Dan to go with another splashy hire, and he'll get more publicity value out of the coaching hire than by hiring a new executive.

Keim just on, said a lot of smoke swirling around Bruce.  but he also said sometimes you hear things and it doesn't pan out so he wouldn't per se bank on Bruce removed.  But it feels to him that they will make a change.  Sheehan tried to nail him as a percentage on whether it happens, Keim was reluctant to do it. 

He ranked the chances this way when boxed in by Sheehan

A.  He leaves completely  40%

B. He stays  35%

C.  He is reassigned 25%

Sheehan ranked it for himself as 65% chance Bruce is out.  25% reassigned, 10% that he stays.  Once Sheehan laid out his odds, then Keim changed his mind and said Sheehan is probably closer to right and said there is a lot of smoke. 

As for coaches, Keim doesn't think it will be Callahan.  He thinks they might go for a discipline and strong leader type guy.   There are people in that building who realize they need that.   They seem to favor a 2nd time head coach versus a new head coach so someone like a Marvin Lewis type.   He said he's hearing Rivera and McCarthy are likely headed elsewhere.  He said he's learned some coaches have no interest in this job with this power structure.   He did mentioned Bieniemy (even though he doesn't fit that profile) but he doesn't know how high he's ranked to them. 

As for Alex Smith, he thinks he's focused on playing.   He thinks it's a leap that Alex would be a GM.   He's a family guy who likes having spare time.  So he seemed skeptical that he'd angle for GM. 

I see Laconfora was mentioned here as for saying it was going down with Bruce.  Not really.  He sort of did but hedged.  He doubled down in both interviews I listened to from him that he won't believe it until it happens.  So Laconfora if anything has some cynicism about it.  Standig ditto -- said he's hearing rumblings about Bruce but won't believe it until Dan pulls the trigger.  

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Bruce has also survived many scandals both on and off the field. Things that would get an employee fired in the real world

he aint going anywhere. We can go 0-16 for the next five years and Bruce would get an extension

8 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Bruce has also survived many scandals both on and off the field. Things that would get an employee fired in the real world

he aint going anywhere. We can go 0-16 for the next five years and Bruce would get an extension

He hasn't survived coaches LITERALLY saying they wont work for him... 

Something tells me the last time we searched, there was the same type of caveats included, but this time Dan is the one inquiring.  Bruce hired his buddy last time, but if coaches are actually telling Dan that they can't work for him, that COULD be the ultimate x-factor that leads to Bruce not being here next year. 

I think Bruce 'retires' at the end of the season, which in reality is Dan letting his golfing buddy save face and 'go out on his terms.'   

4 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Something tells me the last time we searched, there was the same type of caveats included, but this time Dan is the one inquiring.  Bruce hired his buddy last time, but if coaches are actually telling Dan that they can't work for him, that COULD be the ultimate x-factor that leads to Bruce not being here next year. 

I think Bruce 'retires' at the end of the season, which in reality is Dan letting his golfing buddy save face and 'go out on his terms.'   

Some poor schmuck will take this job. Jeff Fisher or Jim Fasell wouldn't turn them down

Bruce survived the pimping cheerleaders scandal and the Trent Williams health scare. He's good

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He ranked the chances this way when boxed in by Sheehan

A.  He leaves completely  40%

B. He stays  35%

C.  He is reassigned 25%

As history taught us, there's no difference in Bruce staying and Bruce being reassigned.

Keim and Sheehan should know better than that. Did they forgot the Scott McCloughan & Brian LaFemina's experiments?

2 minutes ago, alwaysaskin said:

Hue Jackson will be available

Jason Garrett too!

15 minutes ago, OVCChairman said:

Let's not forget that his buddy Jay Gruden, prefered the Titans job and the Redskins had to overpay for Jay (5M/year is hard to say no)

If Bruce is in the building, we lose.

Dan may start off trusting someone else, but Bruce will get in his ear.

If Bruce lives in the same state he's a threat.

In fact, to be safe, Dan needs to buy Bruce a yacht. Beautiful. Huge. Out in the Ocean away from cell signals.

Just now, KDawg said:

If Bruce is in the building, we lose.

Dan may start off trusting someone else, but Bruce will get in his ear.

If Bruce lives in the same state he's a threat.

In fact, to be safe, Dan needs to buy Bruce a yacht. Beautiful. Huge. Out in the Ocean away from cell signals.

Send his ass to the Moon. Living on a yacht in the ocean is still too close

26 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

As history taught us, there's no difference in Bruce staying and Bruce being reassigned.

Keim and Sheehan should know better than that. Did they forgot the Scott McCloughan & Brian LaFemina's experiments?

Keim and Sheehan just said what they thought would happen as opposed to what they want to happen.  Keim talked about the reassigned part a bit saying that he didn't think it would work in part because he thought Bruce wouldn't want it. 

38 minutes ago, Boss_Hogg said:

Some poor schmuck will take this job. Jeff Fisher or Jim Fasell wouldn't turn them down

Bruce survived the pimping cheerleaders scandal and the Trent Williams health scare. He's good

I get that, but if in fact Dan is the one being told this, the picture is possibly being painted with a different brush.   What Dan does with that is anyone's guess

31 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Jason Garrett too!

Let's not forget that his buddy Jay Gruden, prefered the Titans job and the Redskins had to overpay for Jay (5M/year is hard to say no)

I would imagine, if in fact Bruce was handling the hiring of the last HC, Dan was not the one making inquiries with agents or representation, then Bruce was able to (and FULLY capable of) insulating Dan from any negative pub.  Even if Dan was sitting in on the interviews, Bruce likely was responsible for producing candidates, as well as setting up interviews.  He likely had someone call the other coaches representation and any "He'll never work with / for Bruce," likely never found it's way into Dan's ear.  

This is kind of a conspiracy theory, but I don't think it's an irrational thought, and the rumors of Dan looking into Bruce's role here with the team... we've never really heard that before.  There are now reports that Coaches are saying they wont come here to work with Bruce.  These are the only things I can think would happen that could get Dan to ultimately make a move. 

There is absolutely no way that Dan and The Redskins franchise can survive with Bruce being  involved in any capacity. I keep hearing people link Bruce to the stadium deal and the fact that he is a "political" type of figurehead but in my mind this guy embodies what most people freaking hate about politicians, he is completely out of touch with reality and doesn't give a crap what the fans think. He has probably mad it harder to get a deal done because he is such an unlikable turd.

Sadly this has made Dan an almost sympathetic figure. Poor fool has been getting fleeced by this Ftard for 10 years now. Think back to the RG3 debacle, not the fact that we gave up all the picks , but the S-Storm that ensued with the massive cap penalties. Bruce should have been canned for that alone regardless of whether or not it truly was an "uncapped" year.. If I recall, 28 or 29 other franchises and GM's knew better than to try that S. I think Dallas got some penalties too. That should've told you that Bruce was a functional idiot. Dan HAS to know this and simply cant afford to screw this up anymore. Most fans are only mildly interested at this point, hell last year when Alex broke his leg the stadium was 1/2 empty and we were first in the division and I believe that was the "homecoming" game. This season FEDEX has been almost vacant except for opposing fans and folks who want to enjoy a live game a quarter of the price. Concessions and merchandise revenues have to reflect this. The whole frigging thing is STILL trending downward with no relief in sight.

The Ommpa Loompa fires Bruce - 99%

The Oompa Loompa sells the Team -  .01%

Giant Meteor vaporizes them both -  .09% (theres a chance)

Archived