Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

It kills me that some adults don't know how to keep their hands to themselves. My mom managed gift shop and had signs at child eye level that said, "Pretty to look at, nice to hold, once it's broken, consider it sold." I taught my daughter from the crib, "If it's not yours, don't touch it." And to walk with her hands clasped behind her back. I consider it very disgusting that certain people consider other people property and don't know to keep their hands to themselves. It's a power trip that needs to end.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Whichever.  Pick a date.  How he leaves shouldn’t matter in a pool.

I can't until you see him impeached and convicted and I am not familiar with that process for NY.  They haven't impeached a governor in 100 years.  So, you know don't exactly when Cuomo will be impeached and then convicted. All, I can saw is when that happens; then he will be gone.

CNN's Chris Cuomo didn't discuss his brother as far as I know; probably can't since he's the brother and the fact he helped with Cuomo's statement earlier in the year.  Don Lemmon came on and he's still talking about Cuomo; 30 minute in.

11 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

So, you know don't exactly when Cuomo will be impeached

You are right, you don’t know.  Hence the joy of having a pool.  Ever played an office football pool?  Did you know the end score before picking your block?  I feel like you may be missing the point of having a Cuomo Out-Of-Office pool.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Llevron said:

I would like to see Dems agree to send this guy up the river here. Would be good for everyone. Obviously due process, but I want to see people be as discussed with him as they should be. 

I agree, but Dems have a history of punishing their own. Don’t expect Republicans to bat an eye or follow suit 

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Lawsuit Alleges Harvard Ignored Sexual Harassment Complaints Against Prof. John Comaroff for Years

Three graduate students filed a lawsuit against Harvard on Tuesday alleging the school ignored years of sexual harassment and retaliation by professor John L. Comaroff, who was placed on unpaid leave last month.

The suit, filed by three graduate students in the Anthropology Department, alleges that Harvard mishandled Title IX complaints and allowed Comaroff to intimidate students who threatened to report him, including the plaintiffs.

The suit — filed by Margaret G. Czerwienski, Lilia M. Kilburn, and Amulya Mandava — charges that Comaroff committed physical and verbal sexual harassment, including unwanted kissing and groping. In the 65-page filing, the students took sharp aim at Harvard, which they allege “watched” as Comaroff retaliated against accusers and “allowed its investigatory process to be used in service of Professor Comaroff’s campaign of professional blacklisting.”

The lawsuit alleges that Comaroff subjected Kilburn “to a pattern of gender-based harassment and assault continuing from 2017 until at least April 2019 using threats, intimidation, and coercion.” He also allegedly “threatened, intimidated, and coerced” Mandava and Czerwienski for warning others about his sexual misconduct “with the goal of inducing them to stop their speech and opposition to his sexual harassment and gender discrimination.”

The suit, filed in federal court, charges that Harvard knew of Comaroff’s alleged misconduct when it hired him in 2012 and failed to act after repeated reports of verbal and physical harassment. It also accuses the University of refusing to take action against Comaroff until the press reported on the harassment allegations.

Comaroff, who is not named in the suit, denies the allegations of misconduct. In a statement Tuesday, Comaroff’s lawyers — Norman S. Zalkin, Ruth K. O’Meara-Costello ’02, and Janet E. Halley — wrote that he “categorically denies ever harassing or retaliating against any student.”

Harvard spokesperson Rachael Dane declined to comment.

Click on the link for the full story

• Thumb up 1

Senate passes sweeping overhaul of workplace sexual misconduct law

The Senate passed one of the largest workplace reforms in decades, freeing victims of sexual harassment and sexual assault to seek justice in court when they had previously been bound to a closed, often-secretive legal proceeding commonly used in these types of cases by employers.

The bipartisan legislation was approved by voice vote. It now heads to President Joe Biden's desk for his signature, and the White House has expressed full support for the measure.
Earlier this week, the bill was approved by an overwhelming bipartisan majority in the House of Representatives, by 335-97.

The legislation ends the use of forced arbitration clauses for sexual harassment and assault claims. According to lawmakers, more than 60 million Americans are subjected to these provisions in employment contracts.

The bill, called Ending Forced Arbitration of Sexual Assault and Sexual Harassment Act, bans forced arbitration in cases involving sexual misconduct and allows victims the option of bringing up the dispute in federal, tribal or state court.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Michigan senator pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault for grabbing nurse

A Michigan state senator pleaded guilty in a West Michigan court Thursday to a misdemeanor assault and battery charge based on an August 2021 incident with a nurse practitioner.

Michigan state Sen. John Bizon, R-Battle Creek, entered the plea in Calhoun County’s 10th District court Thursday afternoon, Gongwer News Service reported.

In a statement, Bizon called the situation “regrettable” and said he’s learned from the situation.

“As a doctor who has spent decades caring for those in need, I am deeply distressed that I unintentionally caused someone to feel unsafe,” the statement reads. “I was very sick at the time of the incident and did not behave as I normally would have. Nevertheless, I take this situation very seriously and have learned from it.”

Bizon was charged after a nurse practitioner filed a police report accusing him of inappropriately touching her during an August medical visit at a health care facility in Marshall while she was discussing medications with him.

“The patient intentionally grabbed her with his right arm/hand, by her waist, pulled her into his body, squeezed her hip with his right hand, and told her he is an otolaryngologist,” the Marshall Police Department report reads.

15 minutes ago, China said:

Michigan senator pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault for grabbing nurse

Bizon was charged after a nurse practitioner filed a police report accusing him of inappropriately touching her during an August medical visit at a health care facility in Marshall while she was discussing medications with him.

“The patient intentionally grabbed her with his right arm/hand, by her waist, pulled her into his body, squeezed her hip with his right hand, and told her he is an otolaryngologist,” the Marshall Police Department report reads.

Get your otolaryns off of me, you pig.

• Haha 1