Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Politics Sexual Assault Thread

No Excuses

2 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Maybe this will shrink his base.

One can only hope.

1 hour ago, DogofWar1 said:

It's a meme but it does present an interesting thought, these cartoons were fairly pervasive and considered fine for the time.  Indeed, I watched them when I was young (I'm late 20's).  It makes me wonder how much of an impact it had on the culture of Baby Boomers and GenXers.  Obviously, things have changed.

For example, in Dragonball Super there's a character who is basically the old guru character who is also a pervy old man.  When Dragonball first started its run in the 80's, such tropes were commonplace.  Now more recently he appeared in an episode and did some similar antics and there was some discussion of the appropriateness of it.  Now, that discussion didn't go anywhere really, but it was interesting to see that it happened in some quarters.

Not just Bugs Bunny, but remember John Wayne? How he would grab a woman and kiss her? Like with Maureen O'Hara?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Scorched....Earth.

Kayla Moore probably is scared ****less. If this doesn't work and their lives are destroyed. All she'll have left is a tell-all book about how he deceived her for decades. 

Awww c'mon, she'll have her own show preEEachin' to the bible bumpkins within a week

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Scorched....Earth.

Kayla Moore probably is scared ****less. If this doesn't work and their lives are destroyed. All she'll have left is a tell-all book about how he deceived her for decades. 

Oh please. Fundamentalist Baptist preachers all over the South drive Land Rovers from revival tent to revival tent with bases of support a fraction of what the Moores have.

If Moore wins, he's a senator.

If Moore loses, he's a martyr and will be giving speeches weekly across the South for a $25K honorarium.

This dude has been kicked off the bench twice and lost every non-judicial election he ever ran in. He was not a good lawyer. He's not well-versed in politics (see his ignorance on DACA being a thing). And he is a multi-millionaire.

The rubes will keep him farting through silk for the rest of his life.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zguy28 said:

So I was curious as to why he got banned from a mall. Here it is.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/roy-moore-accuser-banned-mall/story?id=51195632

“I [have] repeated this story...many times. People who know me know what I've always said about him, and that he was not Christian, and that he was a pervert,” she said.

Oh ****, she went THERE.  

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yes he has, in his own ****ing words. It's on ****ing tape, we all heard it! 

Sarah, moron press secretary.

The other side of this which is aggravating is that she's saying... Well, if Franken took responsibility for bad actions we must crucify him, but if Trump denies responsibility for his actions we must laud him. 

It's the opposite of what parents teach their children. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The other side of this which is aggravating is that she's saying... Well, if Franken took responsibility for bad actions we must crucify him, but if Trump denies responsibility for his actions we must laud him. 

It's the opposite of what parents teach their children. 

Was Franken previously accused of any of this?  I ask because there is a huge difference between admitting wrong doing when it's first brought up, and denying it privately until it becomes a less politically damaging option to admit it (which is what Louis CK did). 

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Was Franken previously accused of any of this?  I ask because there is a huge difference between admitting wrong doing when it's first brought up, and denying it privately until it becomes a less politically damaging option to admit it (which is what Louis CK did). 

To my knowledge no. I think this is the first time this came up. His response/apology was almost immediate and pretty broad in scope. More importantly, his victim (a FOX News contributor) accepted it and said she forgives him and that he gave her everything she wanted.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zguy28 said:

I think it is just the nature of the sinful human beast, always will be. We all struggle with self control, especially when our fleshly desires are enabled through power and lack of accountability. The bible says that when we sin, we can only blame ourselves because its our desire that lured us away, but that a fruit of the Holy Spirit is self-control (this doesn't mean you have to be Christian to have self control). For most of history, in most places it is males in power, so they are the common abusers. But I have no doubt, as we see from "teachers having sex with students" thread, that women also fall as well when in power. It's why in the bible God has to give us commands to do things that are contrary to our natural tendencies: love God, love your neighbor, do good, be gentle, faithful, seek the welfare of others before yourself etc.If only more people followed that who claim they do, but don't. :(

I also wouldn't be shocked to say that politics is a profession which attracts people with big egos, an overriding need to be liked, the willingness to say anything without regard for truth, and reason to believe that they can successfully fool people. 

A lifestyle in which a good part of their time is spent in rooms full of people, every one of which came there specifically to act like they're familiar with me. People who will spend money just so they can touch me, get kissed, have their picture taken with me. 

I can easily see how someone would conclude that "they all want me". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I'm waiting for Trump to shot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue.

You think he hasn't? I'm not so sure.

Okay, maybe he hasn't, but would you really be surprised if he paid someone to get shot in the middle of 5th Avenue or hinted strongly to his mob pals that this needed doing and then it gone done?

29 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Just in case you were waiting for a “Christian” leader to would acknowledge the truth of the claims against Moore and support him in spite of his child molestation. 

Franklin Graham ladies and gentlemen.

No, no,. no, no.  You missed it.  

Every single person in Washington who is attacking Moore has done worse.  Worse than what Moore has been "accused of supposedly doing".  

(That's because other people are hypocrites.)  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Larry said:

Every single person in Washington who is attacking Moore has done worse.  Worse than what Moore has been "accused of supposedly doing".  

So false equivalency AND support in spite. Got it 

Edited by AsburySkinsFan

12 hours ago, Larry said:

In fairness, they tell us outright.  According to them, being pro-choice is mass murder, there was someone speaking at a Moore rally yelling it loudly to the crowd.  Mass murder is worse than sexually harassing young girls.  Therefore Moore > ALL Pro-Choice people.

Further, if you assume that McConnell and the establishment are secretly in cahoots with Dems to maintain some sort of status quo which Moore would interrupt, then you can extend the Moore > X logic beyond simply pro-Choice but to anyone who opposes Moore, because they are aiding and abetting the pro-choice people.

RIP my conviction that everyone should vote.  Time of death = whenever these dumb****s decided Moore was a good idea.