Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys vs Redskins Gameday thread

UKskins

The season started off so promising, despite our number of holes at RB and WR. As much as it pains me to say, I think we're just too banged up and the black holes at RB and WR are just too much to overcome.

No Trent, Scherff, Long,

Allen, Foster and Murphy on IR

Brown, Breeland, Norman, Swearinger all banged up.. Pryor absolutely sucks and Doctson m.i.a on a milk carton, Perine averaging less than 2ypc and Kelley being his usual self adds up to a giant soggy **** sandwich.

Too bad, but we already dropped 3 games to big strong qb's who can elude and make plays with their legs and short passes, 2x to Wentz, and A Smith.. Prescott is another guy who can extend with his legs and give us fits.

Expect to see a bunch of read option on 3rd downs to extend drives, and dink and dunk the rest of the time. It's gonna be a long afternoon unfortunately. I hope the skins somehow pull out a miracle but things ain't looking good as of now.

I don't have a great feeling about this game, but I'm hoping for the best. having Norman back is huge, imo. between his play and being an emotional leader, that makes me feel better. Spaight filled in well for Foster when he missed the Raiders (?) game so that loss doesn't terrify me so much. just please have some pride with stopping the run and create a smidge of pressure to give our DBs a chance.

like most, 3 missing o-lineman with one being the best LT in league hugely concerns me. #InCallahanWeTrust? I'm hoping he has his guys coached up because with a run-game that was already weak with our starters in, it may be putrid today (with a wet field).

So I'm looking to Kirk/Gruden to get keep this team in it offensively. for the love of all things holy if we get a lead I hope Jay keeps his foot on the gas and stays aggressive (and smart) with playcalling. I hope Kirk fully sees the field, doesn't lock-in pre-snap and takes some chances when things break down.

wow, Breeland declared inactive. when it rains it pours (sue me).

Not sure how big a difference the weather in Philly vs. DC is, and/or if the worst of it is still to come, but it doesn't seem to be affecting that game much really.

Also, today's game, IMO is going to go a long way in seeing how good a coach Gruden is as far as putting together a modified game plan and scheme to adjust to all the injuries.  No way can you plan "business as usual" being down 3 starters on O-line, not to mention Trent's backup being out as well.

27 minutes ago, dswerdlw said:

So Clemmings at LT and Roullier at C.  Who will start at RG...has Catalina been cleared from concussion?  Who will be the backup center?  Yuck.

Where are you guys seeing that Scherff is out? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Redskins Public Relations2017 Media Guide

Landover, Md. -- The Washington Redskins have announced the following inactives and lineup changes for today's game against the Dallas Cowboys.

The Redskins declared the following players as inactive:

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

On the inactives list. Probably just hasn’t been posted in the thread yet, but I saw it on the redskins FB page 

Thanks.

Breeland is out,too.

And three-fifths of our o-line.

Cousins is good at getting rid of the ball quick. He'll need that today. :dallas_sucks:

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ugh. Who’s his backup? I don’t think that will affect us as much as having Norman out has hurt us. Glad Norman is back for today’s game

Dunbar should be his replacement. So I'm not really worried there.

Dunbar is pretty good.

Archived