Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys vs Redskins Gameday thread

UKskins

4 minutes ago, carex said:

theoretically I agree with you,  But I don't think the Cowboys nded up with double digit sacks you know.  The Skins had some bad play calls and the weather was a mess.  But Dak wasn't as off as Kirk was.  And look at ends up catching most of Cousins passes.  Thompson, Crowder, Davis, Grant, Are these guys actually outplaying Doctson and Pryor, or is Kirk only willing to throw to guys he is REALLY familiar with.

He really seems like a guy who spends so much time afraid to screw up that he ends up screwing up in other ways

If we had Elliott on our team and all Kirk did was hand him the ball he would like a $200 million dollar QB. We have never had a RB that can create their own holes if needed and rollover to get extra 3 yards! We don't have a #1 or #2 WR. Doctson was moved to #1 today and he was more miss then hit. IF Kirk was calling his own plays then yes I blame Kirk for not throwing to Doctson on every pass play. 

Cooley said Kirk has been playing this year with more confident and poise in the pocket this year. Sure doesn't seem like he is playing afraid he is probably more concerned that he can't throw the ball down field though to anyone. 

39 minutes ago, Yng Lady88 said:

Gruden can go for all I care. idc if he got an extension. I don't think he has the capacity to be OC and HC. these past two weeks of playcalling/use of TOs has been mind-boggling 

Gruden will never win a SB.  He just isn't a good coach.  

Gruden is blaming the whole game on injuries.  He's so dumb.

21 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The reality is this discussion is you defending that moronic decision to dump the ball off in that situation. If you want to amend that, go ahead.

But as of now, you're defending a QB throwing a pass with nothing but downside to the decision, essentially forfeiting the game if it was completed anyway, and throwing it badly enough that it got tipped into the air and picked. And you're basically saying there is nothing wrong with any of that because maybe someone wouldn't have gotten open deep anyway.

I don't need to amend anything. Perhaps you need to.  Did you hear Gruden call the play where the WR can run out of bounds after the catch? Was the call changed by Kirk before the snap? Who was the WR deep on that throw? How many seconds did Kirk have to throw the ball? Let's forget about all these facts and just move on to....

If you had read my post correctly I never said someone would have had opened deep anyway. My whole post was about the ball getting tipped and it should not have happened. You are the one who said I was defending a dump off and it was stupid and yada yada yada.... 

Here is my original post: "Do we have anyone to throw to 30 yards down the field let alone 10 or 15 or 20 yards. Who's job is is to stop the D linemen from getting into their QB face? You can blame Kirk all you want for that if it makes you happy. "

1 hour ago, zskins said:

You are the one who said I was defending a dump off and it was stupid and yada yada yada.... 

You were, and are, because that is the criticism you responded to, and keep responding to. The ridiculously bad play by Kirk. 

I'm not going to waste more time arguing whether you are defending that, while you continue to defend it.

1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You were, and are, because that is the criticism you responded to, and keep responding to. The ridiculously bad play by Kirk. 

I'm not going to waste more time arguing whether you are defending that, while you continue to defend it.

No different then you defending your ridiculous post as well. 

I'm done with Kirk. Let the scrub walk. I don't want to hear excuses about the OLine - they did a helluva job in difficult circumstances tonight. Sick of seeing the final drive end with a Cousins INT or pick 6 - the dude is Tony Romo 2.0 (the version not made of glass).

I'm all in for tanking the season and taking the highest pick we can get.

We pay Kirk and we're mediocre for next 5 years.

27 minutes ago, zskins said:

If we had Elliott on our team and all Kirk did was hand him the ball he would like a $200 million dollar QB. We have never had a RB that can create their own holes if needed and rollover to get extra 3 yards! We don't have a #1 or #2 WR. Doctson was moved to #1 today and he was more miss then hit. IF Kirk was calling his own plays then yes I blame Kirk for not throwing to Doctson on every pass play. 

Cooley said Kirk has been playing this year with more confident and poise in the pocket this year. Sure doesn't seem like he is playing afraid he is probably more concerned that he can't throw the ball down field though to anyone. 

I don't get why it is so hard for others to see this. He has absolutely 0 running game and 0 deep threats. That is so easy to defend and yet he is still putting up good numbers. 

1 hour ago, zskins said:

No different then you defending your ridiculous post as well. 

I'm proud to defend my post. A QB can't throw a 5 yard dump off 80 yards from the ned zone when you need a TD and the play will result in killing most if not all of the remaining clock. That is beyond terrible. I have no qualms in defending that opinion, because it's frankly beyond debate.

You're the one defending the indefensible.

31 minutes ago, TouchdownSkin said:

Gruden will never win a SB.  He just isn't a good coach.  

Gruden is blaming the whole game on injuries.  He's so dumb.

You actually might be wrong:  Gruden can win a SB, he just needs to on his brother's coaching staff to do it.  The rest of your statements are completely true.

Archived