Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why has a female never played in the NFL?

Taylorcooley1

The NFL is now taking a huge stance against Domestic Violence (though many could easily argue it's more for public relations than any moral standing).  Allowing women to get get killed (figuratively, and possibly literally) on the field would destroy a lot of good will the league has been trying to push forward.  As bad as all of the recent press has been about concussions and the violence of the game, adding women to the mix would multiply that ten fold.  

On 10/16/2017 at 3:09 PM, LavarArringtonMachine said:

I definitely think a woman could play kicker or punter in the NFL.  Maybe a really talented woman could even play qb.

I don't think you give kickers and punters enough credit.  Their positions might not take as much punishment as the others, but they still have to have really strong legs to get the distance and hang-time expected of them.  These aren't positions like wide receiver where you've got 5+ of them per team.  There are only 32 active kickers and 32 active punters in the NFL; they are all the tip-top athletes for their specialized position.

And on top of that, they are not really insulated from physicality of the sport.  Punters contribute to punt coverage and kickers contribute to kickoff coverage.

Read this article about transgendered women fighting in MMA.  You want to see why women aren't in the same leagues with men, read this.  (S)he gave her opponent a concussion and broke her eye socket requiring seven staples.  From the opponent:  “I can only say, I’ve never felt so overpowered ever in my life, and I am an abnormally strong female in my own right. ”

https://thelibertarianrepublic.com/transgender-mma-fighter-destroys-female-opponent/

The captain of the cheerleaders when I was in HS had a spectacular arm.  She was dating one of the football players and they would toss the ball around before games.  With her little blonde ponytail and cheerleader outfit, him in pads.  She had as much zip on the ball as anybody on our team.  They'd be slinging the ball at each other, maybe 20 or 30 yards.  

Coukd she play QB? No.  She was like 5-6 and (I'm guessing) 110 lbs) 

but God she could wing it.  Perfect technique.  Perfect spiral.  

Hot as hell.  And not just because she was an actual model also....

On 10/20/2017 at 3:12 PM, Tom [Giants fan] said:

It is the same reason that they wouldn't let a boy/man coming out of high school play in the NFL.  And why there is a certain amount of college required first.  They both aren't physically up to playing in the NFL.  Despite what Maurice Clarett thought.

I think the high school thing may be more of an issue of playing nice with colleges making sure they get their free labor.  Much like the sweetheart deal the CHL has that doesn't let players drafted into the CHL play in the AHL or lower profesional North American hockey leagues.  It's either the NHL or Juniors for them; no option to play professionally unless they're good enough to jump straight to the NHL.

On 10/30/2017 at 4:19 PM, hatchetwound said:

I disagree.  With hard work and dedication a woman can have legs as strong as a man.

As for being tough on kick\punt coverage, we're strong enough to handle child birth, we can easily handle being the last line of defense

Setting aside that picture of what looks like a roided out Guido with with somewhat-woman-like face and not at all the physique of a kicker/punter, there's a difference between having as strong a leg as "a man" and being able to match the very best of the best.

And quite frankly, child birth really has nothing to do with anything football.  A baby doesn't hit you with the force of a car collision.  I'm sure it's a painful process, but pain tolerance doesn't prevent broken bones, concussions, and the like.

On 11/4/2017 at 12:43 AM, PokerPacker said:

And quite frankly, child birth really has nothing to do with anything football.  A baby doesn't hit you with the force of a car collision.  I'm sure it's a painful process, but pain tolerance doesn't prevent broken bones, concussions, and the like.

Beyond that the NFL is about speed.  The woman shown looks strong but what is her 40 time?   Without speed the bulk is useless.  Beyond that, she is obviously a bodybuilder.  That would result in constant tears, pulls, and strains in the NFL.  It just wouldn't work.  Beyond even that is functional strength.  Again, the person shown in the photograph looks strong but what can she actually squat?  Power clean? Bench?  I would bet it is mush less than any defensive back in the NFL, much less the speed component, which I am certain is not in the realm of any NFL DB because of mass alone.  Maybe a kicker....at best.  No offense intended.  Hail

15 hours ago, hatchetwound said:

When do kickers need a good 40 time????  Most kickers at the combine don't even run the 40

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/3/3/14803190/2017-nfl-combine-results-special-teams-kickers-punters

Besides, she doesnt need to be fast.  I bet she can kick the ball from outside the stadium.  Just snap it an extra 10 yards back!

So because she has massive legs you think she can kick a football? I understand your bias here, but its unrealistic. 

The last thing the NFL needs is a murder charge after Ndamakung Suh snaps a female in half after blowing up the pocket.

Women just aren't big or strong enough to compete at a level anywhere near the NFL. They'll never be able to overcome the sheer size and strength advantage men have. It's genetics and evolution, not sexism.

Archived