Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

2 hours ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Just replying to this is also a focus issue. 

Let her go, please. There are such things are legit lost causes in this world. Posters included. 

Even when I think her posts are dumb she has a tendency to reply and give me a perspective I wouldn’t otherwise get. I find value in that even if she makes me mad sometimes. 

@CousinsCowgirl84 still need a name change tho 

Also we are legit on the same side we just disagree. A lot lol 

• Like 2

I read somewhere else today that the assault weapons ban was easily skirted and that the Columbine shooters used weapons that were legally purchased.

I assume that much is true so I think it’s safe to say that this current child killer would purchased his weapons legally as well. AWB wouldn’t have stopped this.

Added: AWB is better than NOTHING however.

Edited by Springfield

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I read somewhere else today that the assault weapons ban was easily skirted and that the Columbine shooters used weapons that were legally purchased.

I assume that much is true so I think it’s safe to say that this current child killer would purchased his weapons legally as well. AWB wouldn’t have stopped this.

Well, if you'd read the thread, very few people are proposing to bring the AWB back as it was written.  Almost everybody agrees it was seriously flawed.  

Closest you'll find is some people making the argument (actually supported by evidence) that letting the ban expire triggered a big increase in mass shootings.  

Most of the folks in here (including myself) are saying we need to ban "semiauto weapons with replaceable magazines".  In an attempt to deny mass shooters the ability to just empty a magazine of 10, 20, 30 rounds, reload in 5 seconds, and repeat.  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Springfield said:

I get the sentiment but ask you to reconsider. Manufacturers and buyers figured out very easy ways around the 94 ban. It took a little while last time but would be damn near immediate. 

I really think the 94 ban would amount to little more than legislative theater this go around. We need to address what makes things deadly and not what makes them look like an army gun. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Springfield said:

Technically, they got their guns illegally as they were too young to buy them.  They had a female friend buy them that was slightly older than them buy them.  She could have been prosecuted under straw purchase laws but wasn't.

She bought them from unlicensed dealer at a gun show (gun show loophole) legally.

And then they bought some more guns from somebody else (that knew they were to young to buy guns so also really an illegal purchase).

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2022 at 1:50 PM, tshile said:

An adult is capable of understanding this police screw up is a separate issue from the fact these things happen too often. 

Yes, there a lot of things that need to be discussed. They are a legitimate and need to be acknowledged. But it’s not productive to be having 10 different discussions at the same time. Prioritization is key. Unless of course the objective is to deflect… in order to not respond at all… in which case it’s already very effective.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Yea ok this one sucks a lot more. Caskets with dinosaurs on them should not be a thing. I know they would be anyway, but ****

Yeah, I read that on my break at work.  I came to the conclusion that I should just stay off of here until I get home. 

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

Yea ok this one sucks a lot more. Caskets with dinosaurs on them should not be a thing. I know they would be anyway, but ****

Hey, he asked the families first.  Sucks, he has to do this but it's a nice jesture to the families who will be burying their loved ones.

9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Well, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that The Right (And especially Abbot). Is going to make this about the police response, and Blame The Cops.  To divert attention from how Abbot, and Texas, and the NRA are knowingly complicit in this.   

And it's possible that the police should be criticized.  

In addition to Abbott.  

• Like 1