Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

My dog keeps attacking other dogs.  It's annoying and frightening.  Lawsuit waiting to happen.  The other day a guy knocked on my door and was like, "hey your gate is open and your dog just attacked my dogs."  He has two bassets.  Luckily he was cool as hell.  I was super apologetic and made sure his dogs were okay.  I don't know how the hell my gate was open, now I check it every single day, sometimes twice a day. 

My only plan is to keep Cinnamon (my dog) away from other dogs.  When we are walking she will bark and get super rowdy when she sees a little dog, sometimes bigger dogs too.  I pull her away and attempt to correct her and scold, but she doesn't seem to get it.  I've read that predatory aggression is extremely difficult to cure.  I could spend thousands of dollars on classes but there is no guarantee it would work. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Get a better lock on your gate, and keep a tight hold on your dog when walking. Dancer is very vocal and doesn't seem bothered by the size of another dog. I have to keep a tight hold on her in some instances. I'm sure you are doing everything you can. Some dogs just have a strong prey drive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aristarchus said:

My dog helping me make a mix tape. She is old school analog.

I suggest Pink Floyd's "Seamus".

My boys sing along every time.

But seriously, my dogs LOVE music. There are albums of music made for dogs on Spotify, and when I leave i put one on.. they are super calm when listening.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 4:29 PM, abdcskins said:

My dog keeps attacking other dogs.  It's annoying and frightening.  Lawsuit waiting to happen.  The other day a guy knocked on my door and was like, "hey your gate is open and your dog just attacked my dogs."  He has two bassets.  Luckily he was cool as hell.  I was super apologetic and made sure his dogs were okay.  I don't know how the hell my gate was open, now I check it every single day, sometimes twice a day. 

My only plan is to keep Cinnamon (my dog) away from other dogs.  When we are walking she will bark and get super rowdy when she sees a little dog, sometimes bigger dogs too.  I pull her away and attempt to correct her and scold, but she doesn't seem to get it.  I've read that predatory aggression is extremely difficult to cure.  I could spend thousands of dollars on classes but there is no guarantee it would work. 

I'm right there with you..sooo waiting for a lawsuit to happen...the other day ginger and Ralph had some guy basically pinned up against his car..I go out with them and had to step back in for 10 seconds and came out to it happening..I felt so awful...ginger is extremely territorial..Ralph was just following the leader..thank god ginger hasn't torn into any dogs..

My wife is a vet tech at an animal clinic here in Idaho falls and she walked into a room where the clinic cats randy(shaved cat)and lacy were just...spooning?..lol

image000000(1).jpg

• Like 4