Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

On 3/3/2020 at 11:38 AM, Llevron said:

A dog sitting like a person in a chair or on a couch never fails to make me laugh lol

When I lived in Alexandria, my next door neighbor had a goldendoodle that sat up in the passenger seat of their car, looking just like a human! Too funny!

• Haha 1

I had a foster dog that was terrified of car rides. He was the tallest pug I have ever seen in my life. When I had to take him somewhere in the car, he would jump up on top of my head and struggle down to the back of my neck and wrap himself around it like a shawl, with two feet sticking out on one side and two on the other.

I forgot to mention this to the sweet lady that adopted him...and the first time she drove him to the vet he did the same thing to her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanos for the longest time wouldn’t get in a car unless he was sitting in someone’s lap. Obviously he out grew that (physically) quickly. But every once in a while he sticks his head from the back reeeeeeeeeeally close and I know what he wants lol

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

our first Peke used to ride on my shoulder, could jump like a flying squirrel.

funniest thing was when she would jump and run up the chow's back and sit on his head.....he was not amused

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

im sorry, I must have missed this. That looks bad, so it must have been really bad before. What happened to the poor guy?

It looked like something bit a big chunk out of his neck, you could see into it. But other than scratching the healing scabs off from time to time, he's stayed closer by (pretty much a resident now), lets me pick him up, and he gets along with the others. 😎😻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

It looked like something bit a big chunk out of his neck, you could see into it. But other than scratching the healing scabs off from time to time, he's stayed closer by (pretty much a resident now), lets me pick him up, and he gets along with the others. 😎😻

We're total animal peepes but the ferrel cats in the neighborhood...they poop every where, the dogs eat it get sick...its a..poopy situation lol I've trapped a few and taken them to animal control, the last batch to come around(as kittens)gained names by my wife... this was during the freezing months and my wife put a bed and blanket out on the porch for them and she named them marshmallow, munchkin, mad max and lucky..they've grown older and moved on lol..her fav was marshmallow..she was saying recently she misses them...we live two streets over from the snake river and I seen(munchkin)my fav crossing in front of me to get over on the banks by the river...probably going fishing for food lol

• Like 1

Lol...hubby told me one day after mowing...

"I found where the porch kitties poop! "

Me: Where? 

Him:  Everywhere! 

If they know where they're safe, they stay away from traffic. Thanks to you & your wife for helping out in the winter. Spring is mating season, but you know that. 😖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2020 at 10:08 AM, skinsmarydu said:

Wow!!! So, glad he’s recovering and becoming more affectionate to you. It’s really cool that he’s getting along with others. I guess this is a life changer for him.

• Like 2

I have an extra one today. I had to separate them cause the little one is keeps trying to dominate Thanos and he’s not really enjoying it. 

They are all tuckered out now. 

*Note my mother’s KC blanket. She’s from KC so it’s allowed. 

56FB25C6-501E-417C-98AC-193159F5DACE.jpeg

• Like 6

Please don't forget your pet's food and meds too. When getting Dancer's breakfast this morning, I decided right then to go get a couple of months of her food. She's small and goes through a 4 lb bag a month. I was going to go next week when I get Social Security, we might have a nationwide quarantine by then. So Dancer has enough food and treats for the next two months.

• Like 4

On 3/16/2020 at 11:51 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

Please don't forget your pet's food and meds too. When getting Dancer's breakfast this morning, I decided right then to go get a couple of months of her food. She's small and goes through a 4 lb bag a month. I was going to go next week when I get Social Security, we might have a nationwide quarantine by then. So Dancer has enough food and treats for the next two months.

I just did that last week. It was interesting too. Meat,bread,other items were flying off the shelves. Paper aisle nothing but a little dust and a few boxes. I was a bit concerned heading to the pet food aisle.  Shouldn't have been. It was,except a few spots where canned cat food is sold,full.  WTF? Ya know,some of that money that went to a 3 year supply of TP could have gone to the pets. Grumble.  Anyway. Mine are all set for at least 3 months,(though his highness Lucky the cat seems to be a bit bored with tonight's dinner. ;) ). 

• Like 2