Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

On 3/26/2020 at 8:32 AM, skinsmarydu said:

I'm at the vet with RG. I have to wait outside. 😟

I got a call from our vet regarding a scheduled appointment informing me that I would have to wait in my car and call when I arrived so that a tech could get my dog.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I got a call from our vet regarding a scheduled appointment informing me that I would have to wait in my car and call when I arrived so that a tech could get my dog.

Yep, that's what they did. Had to take her back today...she was almost back to normal a few hours ago, but now I'm starting to worry again because she's still not eating her dry food. 

• Sad 2

Our C0ckatoo Joey is a very interesting fellow.  He knows a bunch of words and phrases. For example, he'll say "here kitty kitty kitty!" when he sees a cat, then make a perfect "meow" sound.  He dances to music, but will also scream bloody murder if nobody is in his vicinity.  When I leave, I have to place him in a dark room.  He can be super annoying.  I do not recommend owning one.  Love him tho.

He has 1 bowl of food mixed with different colors, but he picked these 4 out and held them for 5 minutes bc he wanted to make me laugh.

IMG_20200227_200428.thumb.jpg.645e1c2ccd7faefdb3694ce7f1eb5011.jpg

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

So got a new puppy in late February.  It a Springer spaniel poodle mix. Supposed to be 50 lbs when full grown.  Do has been great 95% of the time, very sweet and almost too docile do or a puppy.

In in the past 3 weeks she has become more confident and, in my view, a bit agressive especially with my elementary school age kids.  She basically goes through these spurts where she gets really nippy and growls like she's angry, and it's difficult to get her to stop right away.  Not a huge practical problem now because she's still so small.  But moving forward, as she gets bigger I hope this doesn't continue.   I've heard about "Springer rage" and I'm starting to wonder if there's something like that going on.  Any thoughts?

13 hours ago, kfrankie said:

I've heard about "Springer rage" and I'm starting to wonder if there's something like that going on.  Any thoughts?

My old neighbor had a springer. One of the few dogs I avoided at all costs. Was doing yard work like 8-9 years ago. This mean mofo comes up to me growling outta nowhere. I backed away slowly and opened the gate to my patio n went inside. Kept my distance for the rest of that dogs life. Apparently it had issues with men from what I was told. Hopefully yours will settle down with your kids.

7 hours ago, clietas said:

My old neighbor had a springer. One of the few dogs I avoided at all costs. Was doing yard work like 8-9 years ago. This mean mofo comes up to me growling outta nowhere. I backed away slowly and opened the gate to my patio n went inside. Kept my distance for the rest of that dogs life. Apparently it had issues with men from what I was told. Hopefully yours will settle down with your kids.

Shes sleeping now. For the brief time I saw her today, she was really relaxed and quiet. 

Edit: may have had some to do with the wine she was drinking.

IMG_20200412_114958649.jpg

Edited by kfrankie
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1