Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

• 2 weeks later...

We’ve been trying to break Mademoiselle Butthead (that’s her French name when she’s feeling fancy :) ) of her habit of drinking out of the tub drain. 

Last weekend I picked up one one those filtered water flowing bowl thingamahjiggies. It took a week but Issues finally decided to drink out of it. 

And then in typical Issues fashion, she gave it the gravity test & immediately knocked it off the desk into the floor. 😂

FA74007C-974E-4E3F-8C69-3294036C955E.jpeg

73039E13-5C5C-4A93-9EC5-6C6B1F6E19B0.jpeg

F40CE8E6-F2CE-4CEF-9B60-4C2E68AC2A64.jpeg

• Haha 5

Got a call from the boss tonight that a dog somehow got out of our fenced-in yard at work. I live less than 2 miles away so I got in my car and started driving around. Luckily the same kennel Tech who let the dog out found the dog. At least that's something to redeem herself for. The dog did run at least 1 mile away from the hospital. We scrounged 4 employees to comb the streets.

That fat ass old dog couldn't break out of a wet paper bag.

Unless it heard fireworks.

Keep your animals on super check today and tonight.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 7:24 PM, PCS said:

"Yes. A glass of your finest red wine and some fresh tuna please. And do hurry."

Lucky. Big grey,(18 lbs),one of two rescue kitties that my wife got just before we met,(again),in 2010. I've been adopted since coming here in 2012 by the two of them and the dog. Though apparently I'm taking too much time getting him his wine at this moment,(just took this a few minutes ago). 

luckywinebarrel.jpg

This is probably it. Below 10 lbs now. Renal failure. Came on fast. Within days fast. We'll be taking him in about an hour and a half and I'm pretty sure this will be it. I'm holding out some hope,but the look on his face just may say it all. I'll edit in what happens later today.  2020 ****ing sucks. 

EDIT:  It's done. We said our goodbyes and were there until the end. I'm not sure I deserved that wonderful cat at times,but so very glad he let me be his daddy. :( 

• Sad 7

Anyone here had/have a salt water aquarium?

I've always been interested one just because of my love for marine life and tropical fish, but I know how much work it can be.  I also know that if you have a power outtage you can lose all your fish quickly if the environment changes for too long.  And the fact that my wife and I travel a lot would mean we would have to have someone check on it and know what they are doing while we travel.

I've been talking about this for like 7 years now and just never jumped the gun on it.  So I'm curious if anyone here has or had one and their experience with it.  I'm not looking at doing live coral or anything, just sal****er fish.

• 2 weeks later...