Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

58 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

A debate would be a disaster for Trump. Then again it was last time too and that didn't seem to matter.

I think Biden will paint a good contrast to Trump in the debates. Hillary beat Trump in debates but she was also more of the aloof (albeit brilliant) technocrat to Trump's "moronic bull in a china shop" routine, so it wasn't necessarily as effective. The fact that so many people already had a negative view of her didn't really help.

Biden comes across as much more warm and empathetic than Hillary so I think, especially in the times we're living through right now, it has the potential for painting an incredibly stark contrast with a malignant narcissist with zero concern for human suffering like Trump.

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I think Biden will paint a good contrast to Trump in the debates. Hillary beat Trump in debates but she was also more of the aloof (albeit brilliant) technocrat to Trump's "moronic bull in a china shop" routine, so it wasn't necessarily as effective. The fact that so many people already had a negative view of her didn't really help.

Biden comes across as much more warm and empathetic than Hillary so I think, especially in the times we're living through right now, it has the potential for painting an incredibly stark contrast with a malignant narcissist with zero concern for human suffering like Trump.

Also, last time the bar for Trump was so low. This time, he’s spent the entire campaign lowering the bar for Biden.  It’s going to be a really bad look for Trump getting crushed by a guy he’s spent months claiming has dementia. 

53 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Wonder if Trump walks out if he doesn't like/can't answer a question?!

Nah, his M.O. is to lie, dissemble, and then attack the person asking the question and either denigrate them or talk down to them.

Especially if it's a woman. I hate how he treats women but at the same time I love watching him get pissed off and flummoxed whenever a female reporter challenges him on something.

16 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Nah, his M.O. is to lie, dissemble, and then attack the person asking the question and either denigrate them or talk down to them.

Especially if it's a woman. I hate how he treats women but at the same time I love watching him get pissed off and flummoxed whenever a female reporter challenges him on something.

Yes, the woman reporter yesterday was really persistent and he finally just walked out.  Bullies run away when confronted.  I laughed!

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Yes, the woman reporter yesterday was really persistent and he finally just walked out.  Bullies run away when confronted.  I laughed!

Oh that's a good point! 

Now I'm rethinking it a bit. Maybe he will actually throw a hissy fit and walk out if a woman debate moderator presses him on something.

Holy **** that would be fantastic. 

Has the full lineup for next week virtual convention been set yet?

The Obamas - good.

The Clintons - who really wants to hear them.

Sanders - You always give the runner up a spot

Kasich- will be the least viewed , only non Trumpy Gopers may tune in.

Biden should have Elizabeth Warren speak. Amy K. And Mayor Pete deserve a speaking slot. AOC deserves a spot. 

Biden's convention  needs to showcase the next generation of Dems. His administration also needs youth. Of course, that probably isn't happening. All the old Dam cronies , clinging to power; will fill Joe's administration.

Trump's convention will be all him. Nightly appearances by him and all the speakers will be praising Trump.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Has the full lineup for next week virtual convention been set yet?

The Obamas - good.

The Clintons - who really wants to hear them.

Sanders - You always give the runner up a spot

Kasich- will be the least viewed , only non Trumpy Gopers may tune in.

Biden should have Elizabeth Warren speak. Amy K. And Mayor Pete deserve a speaking slot. AOC deserves a spot. 

Biden's convention  needs to showcase the next generation of Dems. His administration also needs youth. Of course, that probably isn't happening. All the old Dam cronies , clinging to power; will fill Joe's administration.

I would add Beto to this list. He's a fantastic speaker and I'd be surprised if he doesn't show up

I will tune in for Kasich. 

Agreed that Beto has to speak, thats what he's good at. It would behoove the DNC to not waste him, Pete, or Warren.

I agree with not caring what the Clinton's have to say and already knowing what Bernie will.

But I'd love to see AOC speak on a stage like that and see what she does with it. I dont know if she's ready, and longer VP search takes, less time they will have to prepare for arguably biggest speech of their life.

Old guard, new guard, and a republican trying to show this one is bigger then politics makes sense.

We just got something in the mail from the "Center for Voter Information" with simple instructions and filled out forms for getting our absentee ballots in Virginia.  I hope they are doing this everywhere and can get around all Trump's attempts at voter suppression by limiting mail-in ballots.

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I will tune in for Kasich. 

Agreed that Beto has to speak, thats what he's good at. It would behoove the DNC to not waste him, Pete, or Warren.

I agree with not caring what the Clinton's have to say and already knowing what Bernie will.

But I'd love to see AOC speak on a stage like that and see what she does with it. I dont know if she's ready, and longer VP search takes, less time they will have to prepare for arguably biggest speech of their life.

Old guard, new guard, and a republican trying to show this one is bigger then politics makes sense.

I will watch John but Dems don’t want to hear from a Republican; even a decent one.

Other than when John speaks, the Dem convention will outrate  Trump’s convention on all networks but Fox.

18 hours ago, visionary said:

I don't care if the polls say Biden is winning by 20 points. If you are in a battleground state, GO VOTE. Talk to your friends, family, pets, whoever. Drag them to the polls by force. Offer them $10 or some Coors Light, whatever it takes to get them to cast their ballots. After the rug pull in 2016, we can't leave anything to chance.

37 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

and longer VP search takes, less time they will have to prepare for arguably biggest speech of their life.

1) Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean the search isn't over.

2) If you've been told you are in contention, then you can start writing the speech.  In other words, it's not the end of the world to write a speech that never gets delivered.  

2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I will watch John but Dems don’t want to hear from a Republican; even a decent one.

Other than when John speaks, the Dem convention will outrate  Trump’s convention on all networks but Fox.

Its in our best interest to listen to him if Dems don't want to lose the gains they've made in the suburbs after this election. Getting rid of Trump isn't enough, him speaking says he wants to help with that, its arguably the most important speech, imo. 

Just to confirm, when has a republican ever gone to a DNC presidential convention on behalf of electing a democrat? That should not be ignored.  Let's all be clear that the only risk from GOP as big as Trump is them hanging around with enough power that if they nominate another one they could be right back.

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

1) Just because they haven't announced it doesn't mean the search isn't over.

2) If you've been told you are in contention, then you can start writing the speech.  In other words, it's not the end of the world to write a speech that never gets delivered.  

This is fair.

I fell even more strongly now it was over before it started and its Harris, thats why she's talking the least about it.

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I think they'll be missing an opportunity if they just make everyone give a speech behind a lectern.  

You want some powerpoints, bro? I'm down.:rofl89:

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You want some powerpoints, bro? I'm down.:rofl89:

While a powerpoint deck would be tremendous, I was thinking that someone (especially someone like AOC or Beto) could basically produce a short film.  

Like this but 10 times longer and about Joe Biden's argument for your vote. 

1 hour ago, China said:

We just got something in the mail from the "Center for Voter Information" with simple instructions and filled out forms for getting our absentee ballots in Virginia.  I hope they are doing this everywhere and can get around all Trump's attempts at voter suppression by limiting mail-in ballots.

Those are the ones that had the error sending them to Fairfax City instead of Fairfax. Mine has an extraneous Jr in my name for some reason too. Best to double-check before using.

1 hour ago, China said:

I applied directly to the elections office in my county to make sure it's legit. I have to apply every year for a mail in ballot. It's easy for me because I'm over 65, one of the few qualifiers in Texas.

1 hour ago, ExoDus84 said:

Coors Light

Solid thinking, historically speaking, but going cheap is how you lose elections. Take it from someone that actually IS on Mount Rushmore:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/swilling-the-planters-with-bumbo-when-booze-bought-elections-102758236/

Even the father of our country, George Washington, was known to bribe the electorate with booze. In his recent book Last Call: The Rise and Fall of Prohibition, Daniel Okrent writes: "When twenty-four-year-old George Washington first ran for a seat in the Virginia House of Burgesses, he attributed his defeat to his failure to provide enough alcohol for the voters. When he tried again two years later, Washington floated into office partly on the 144 gallons of rum, punch, hard cider and beer his election agent handed out—roughly half a gallon for every vote he received."

Archived