Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Still focus on PA, Ohio and Wisconsin. Don't take a penny from those. If you want to make the opponent think you're going heavy in Texas. Cool. Let then spend more playing defense. Get to 270. Let the Lincoln Project types go after the those other states. They will. 

2 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Still focus on PA, Ohio and Wisconsin. Don't take a penny from those. If you want to make the opponent think you're going heavy in Texas. Cool. Let then spend more playing defense. Get to 270. Let the Lincoln Project types go after the those other states. They will. 

Joe should concentrate heavily in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan,Arizona and Florida. 

Then Ohio, Iowa and North Carolina.

I would make some kind of effort in Georgia and Texas, to at least make Trump spend time and money. 

Every state that Biden is supposed to win is a state that could get it's gerrymandering turned on it's head.

If he's really winning in Texas, it going blue once could be enough to get enough dems to help keep it blue now, not 10-20 years from now.

Dems wouldn't have to worry about a GOP president for a long time with redistricting fixed in Texas.  Playing safe will win this election, going for the jugular would win elections before they start in the future.

If we serious about punishing the GOP, now the time.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Every state that Biden is supposed to win is a state that could get it's gerrymandering turned on it's head.

If he's really winning in Texas, it going blue once could be enough to get enough dems to help keep it blue now, not 10-20 years from now.

Dems wouldn't have to worry about a GOP president for a long time with redistricting fixed in Texas.  Playing safe will win this election, going for the jugular would win elections before they start in the future.

If we serious about punishing the GOP, now the time.

I agree. I know it feels like a wave and we hope it is. But if they pull whatever off this year with taking the WH and hopefully the Senate. I'd like to see them copy the GOP strategy of starting from the ground up leading in 2022. County Level, State Level big time. You still have MAGA folks in those positions that need to lose badly over the next 4-6 years.

3 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

This is, imo, where the lack of in-person campaign events really screws the Dems this year. 

The general idea of "forcing the other side to play defense" in a certain state has always seemed like an overblown concept to me. Like, "We'll spend $5 mil in Texas, and if it works, the other side will have to spend $5 mil to counteract it. Yay!" Especially when you're dealing with an opponent who has more money than you. Or spending a couple o days campaigning somewhere so they have to spend a couple days there themselves. The "advantage" is dubious, imo. It's not nothing, but I don't think people talk about it in a way that makes sense (this year, because of Trump's narrow electoral path, there is something to it).

The one area where I feel the Dems have an inherent edge these days which doesn't get talked about, or necessarily taken advantage of, is with surrogates. If you think about it, who does Trump, or really any potential GOP candidate have, that can draw a crowd? The only ones I can think of would only draw diehards, which won't make much difference in an election anyway. People like Don jr or Fox personalities. Whereas the Dems have Barack and Michelle, Bill Clinton (if we're allowed to use him), Bernie, Warren, AOC. Plus obvious celebrity types like Oprah and the Rock, etc. This to me is a huge opportunity, allowing Dems to send multiple big names into multiple states at the same time, drawing big crowds and attention.

So, where I think this really cost us this year is that Biden could have sent a couple of his stars into one of these states, along with local figures (ie Beto in Texas, Abrams in Georgia) and put pressure on Trump without really spending money or time for him and his running mate. That's where they could have "made Trump play defense" in places in a way that would gave really disadvantaged him. 

But that's out the window now. 

8 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

@Rufus T Firefly it's a different type of year. I think it hurts Don more. He'd love to be doing events 3 days a week. Now he a twitter diarrhea machine.

The quality of media ads will stand out now. 

I was pointing out an area where the current environment disadvantages Democrats, not stating that the they are more disadvantaged generally. 

Leaving aside that he cause of the crisis is obviously screwing Trump, and just focusing on just the effects on in-person campaigning, there are ways it hurts each side. The point I made above, plus the added importance of advertising when the other side has more money, works against Ds. But Trump's pathetic need for the slavish adoration of rally crowds, plus the fact that he is behind and needs more help, might make the whole thing worse for Trump. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I'm seeing Biden ads here. 

And I like that. 

I'm not really seeing Biden adds here and Orlando is the closet TV market to me.

Especially with Biden not being able to physically campaign, he needs to start flooding the airwaves.

Old folks don't pay attention to the internet but they still sit and watch TV. So, those adds would be

aimed for them.  Trump is airing 2-3 anti-Biden adds.

9 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I'm not really seeing Biden adds here and Orlando is the closet TV market to me.

Especially with Biden not being able to physically campaign, he needs to start flooding the airwaves.

Old folks don't pay attention to the internet but they still sit and watch TV. So, those adds would be

aimed for them.  Trump is airing 2-3 anti-Biden adds.

Are you seeing ads from Project Lincoln or the Republicans Against Donald Trump (whatever the other group is called)?

11 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Also, does anyone on the Trump campaign actually read these text messages out loud to themselves and/or others before they give them the thumbs up?

EczSU09WkAEja6b?format=png&name=360x360

A personal triple entry from Don, Don Jr, and Eric.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Also, does anyone on the Trump campaign actually read these text messages out loud to themselves and/or others before they give them the thumbs up?

A personal triple entry from Don, Don Jr, and Eric.

Oh my lol...although it is kinda scary to see what apparently works for Trump supporters.

54 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Oh my lol...although it is kinda scary to see what apparently works for Trump supporters.

4 hours ago, Burgold said:

More than three million infected and 130,000 dead and he's still trying to push the "hoax" button.

At this point, I'd like to refer back to my earlier posts intimating that Trump's MO is to keep doing things that amount to telling his supporters "You're so dumb, you'll believe this".

The prosecution feels confident in the outcome of this trial. 

Archived