Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Regarding voter enthusiasm:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/why-trump-not-biden-might-have-an-enthusiasm-problem/

tesler.TRUMP-ENTHUSIASM.0715-2.png

What’s especially notable here is that Biden’s net enthusiasm rating is near zero, which is similar to most major-party presidential candidates’ ratings from 1980 to 2012. Trump’s current score of around -20, on the other hand, has only one historical comparison other than his own campaign four years ago: Hillary Clinton in 2016.

Biden was not my first choice, but seeing him in action for the last few months has be really excited to have a really experienced and compassionate person at the helm.  

I was a Liz Warren guy, because I am a nerd wonk and lean heavily towards economic and financial issues for both personal and professional reasons.  I stood to make a lot of money under a Warren presidency.  That said, given the specific challenges that currently face our country, Biden's empathy and compassion set him so far apart from our current leadership that I am 100% on board with Joe and can't wait to pull the lever for him.  

14 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I'll take +7 but would prefer +13.

Yea, I think the point is you take the average.  So across 3 polls by a really good pollster, Biden has a 10 point advantage in PA today, which is wonderful news.  Both Cook Political Report and Sabato's Crystal Ball already have PA in the Lean Dem category, so this just confirms that.  

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, I think the point is you take the average.  So across 3 polls by a really good pollster, Biden has a 10 point advantage in PA today, which is wonderful news.  Both Cook Political Report and Sabato's Crystal Ball already have PA in the Lean Dem category, so this just confirms that.  

Put me at double digits in any state and I feel "ok" right now. It's still only July. We can see the Trump campaign getting desperate. I don't blame them. It's like Biden is up by two scores and did it by running the ball. Now Trump is complaining that they won't throw it and baiting them by saying they are sitting on a lead and playing prevent. Well, if running the ball works. Don't stop running the ball. Stop missing tackles. 

Has Five Thirty Eight started its Electoral College projection map yet?  I can't remember at what point they started having it in 2016, although I know Silver and Co probably lost some trust after giving Trump only a 30 percent chance to win.  Still, its kind of a fun thing to follow during presidential elections. 

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Biden was not my first choice, but seeing him in action for the last few months has be really excited to have a really experienced and compassionate person at the helm.  

same here

the way he’s running his campaign makes me happy he’s the nominee

but I cannot shake the feeling he’d just be another typical president with a grand platform that he never actually implements. Yes that’s significantly better than trump but it’s also a little depressing when you think about the amount of significant change we really need and for how long we’ve needed it

but I guess you can’t rule out how down ballot voting may give him majorities that actually facilitate this stuff happening. 

3 minutes ago, tshile said:

but I guess you can’t rule out how down ballot voting may give him majorities that actually facilitate this stuff happening. 

What about if a second-term Trump had to work with a Democratic House AND Senate??

Pelosi: Mr. Trump, remember that "Green New Deal?" We are modifying it slightly, changing the name to "Trump New Deal."

Trump: That sounds awesome......I'll sign it immediately!

1 hour ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Put me at double digits in any state and I feel "ok" right now. It's still only July. We can see the Trump campaign getting desperate. I don't blame them. It's like Biden is up by two scores and did it by running the ball. Now Trump is complaining that they won't throw it and baiting them by saying they are sitting on a lead and playing prevent. Well, if running the ball works. Don't stop running the ball. Stop missing tackles. 

Yeah, no reason to change your game plan if it's working well. Right now Biden only has to sit back and let Trump continue to implode and every so often make a speech that shows what an actual adult would look like if he were in charge.

Trump is a football team that keeps fumbling and throwing interceptions and Biden is taking the turnovers, grinding out yards, and steadily increasing his score with them. Taking the bait or something along those lines would be like getting an interception and then handing it back to the other team's QB. Why do that?

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Jeff Sessions tweet

I don't know if I've ever seen a more pathetic human being than Sessions. To be humiliated publicly for 4 years, yet continue to lick the boots of that tangerine tinted buffoon is astounding to me. Not that I feel bad for him in any way; Sessions is a POS who deserves to be humiliated. Still, you have to admire how somebody can debase and shame themselves repeatedly and still go out in public.

1 hour ago, tshile said:

same here

the way he’s running his campaign makes me happy he’s the nominee

but I cannot shake the feeling he’d just be another typical president with a grand platform that he never actually implements. Yes that’s significantly better than trump but it’s also a little depressing when you think about the amount of significant change we really need and for how long we’ve needed it

If the Dem voters wanted that change, Biden wouldn’t be the nominee.

Biden is just a stopgap to #47.

Biden is going to have hard time passing any big change and that’s just among the Dems.

Archived