• Blog Entries

    • By Destino in ES Coverage
         1
      We’re still doing this?  Absolutely!  Despite all the compelling reasons to just let everyone go home and enjoy and extended offseason, this is not an option.  The games must be played, and therefore we the long-suffering fans will feel compelled to watch.  Even games no reasonable football fan would choose to watch like, for example, today’s Redskins Jets game.   

      Today’s convergence of sadness features the 30th ranked scoring offense (Jets 14.4 ppg) versus the 32nd (Redskins 12.0 ppg).  The first team to 15 wins!  With no playoff aspirations the compelling story lines for this game are largely limited to watching young players (hopefully) develop.  Dwayne Haskins gets his first home start and Derrius Guice is back from injury.   
       
      My, reasonable, goals for today’s game:  
      1- Score a touchdown 
      2- Score more than 17 points.   
      3- Haskins throws for 200 yards or more with no interceptions  
      4- Guice runs the ball at least 10 times and finishes at 3.5 yards per carry and healthy.  
       
      Hoping for a win at this point feels like setting myself up for disappointment, so I’m happy to settle for an entertaining loss.  
       
      Special thanks to @pez for some excellent Guinness beef stew.  If you absolutely have to stand in a frozen parking lot at 9am, the best place to do it is at the Extremeskins Tailgate with Pez and @Huly.  Great fans, great people. 
       
      The Redskins have declared for the following players as inactive: 
      Paul Richardson  
      Colt McCoy 
      Deshazor Everett 
      Chris Thompson  
      Ross Pierschbacher 
      Vernon Davis  
      Tim Settle  
       
      The Jets declared the following players as inactive  
      Nate Hairston  
      Darryl Roberts  
      Paul Worrilow 
      Matthias Farley  
      CJ Mosley  
      Jordan Willis  
      Leo Koloamatangi 
       
      1st Quarter - Redskins 0 - 6 Jets
      If you wanted to sit in the cold and watch a football game with some Jets fans at FedEx, but were worried that there were not enough seats available, I have good news.  There’s plenty of space available, so come on down and prove you’re a real fan by sitting though this in person.
       
      Jets dominated the 1st quarter even though they only scored 6 points.  The reason being that Washington managed only 13 yards of offense and a single first down.  
       
      Question: Is it still a check down pass if the QB never looks at anyone else?
       
      2nd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      The Jets have achieved an insurmountable 13 point lead early in the 2nd quarter.  All hope is lost.

      Is there a more perfect example of the Redskins offense than their first scoring drive in the 2nd quarter?  Interception gives the Redskins the ball on the Jets 16 yard line.  They proceed to march 10 yards backwards before kicking a field goal from the Jets 26.  It's perfect.  Two or three more field goals we can call it a day. 

      The Jets score again and if feels like they are are just piling on at this point.  Three touchdowns in the first half for them, just three points for the redskins.  Our streak of no touchdowns has now extended to 15 quarters. 
       
      3rd Quarter - Redskins 3 - 20 Jets
      There is a spider slowly descending from the ceiling in the press box and it's the most interesting thing that's happened during the third quarter of this game. 
       
      I have decided to allow the spider to live, provided it does not touch me.  I'm off to get some more caffeine. 

      4th Quarter - Redskins 17 - 34 Jets
      The first wave of Redskins fans, the few that are here, started streaming towards the exits after that 4th Jets touchdown.  As if the Jets didn't have this game wrapped up in the 2nd quarter. 
       
      Jet have now more than doubled their average points per game and have matched their season high of 34 points (and they missed two field goals in this game). 
       
      TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!  THE DROUGHT IT OVER!  Guice took a short pass from Haskins  all the way to the house.  2 point conversion is successful on a pass from Haskins to Quinn. 
       
      The Redskins score another touchdown!  This feels like an embarrassment of riches, even if we are still certain to lose this game. 
       
      End of Game.
       
      Let's review those reasonable goals I mentioned earlier:
       
      1- Success.
      2- Close enough, I'm counting it
      3- Haskins did throw for over 200, but unfortunately did have an interception. 
      4- Guice was not given the opportunity to run the ball ten times today.  He did however score on a 45 yard TD pass and finish the game healthy.  I'll take it.
       
      Even though the Redskins lost, it was good to see the offense show some faint signs of life and end the streak of games without a TD.  The team looked competitive for much of the second half, and perhaps they could have made this a fun game if they carried that same energy throughout.  It was good to see Guice and Mclaurin show out today.  I think both of them have a future with this team that I look forward to seeing. 

       
       

       
       
       
       
       
Rdskns2000

Presidential Election :11/3/2020- Trump the Impeached vs Superplanner Lizzie & some other Dems

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

de Blasio can't eve get above 0 in his own city. Wrap it up.

He was done before he entered the race. 

 

It's kind of weird, or maybe it just shows you how blinded by arrogance some of these guys are. I mean, I could have told you (and the point is, I ain't special, millions and millions of people could have told you) that deBlasio not only didn't have a chance to win, he didn't have a chance to have any impact on the race at all. It was as close to a certainty as possible that the only realistic outcome to him signing up was making himself some kind of a joke, And yet he did. 

 

I guess these people get so full of themselves that they think they can overcome what everyone in the world knows is coming. But it's kind of amazing to watch it happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He was done before he entered the race. 

 

It's kind of weird, or maybe it just shows you how blinded by arrogance some of these guys are. I mean, I could have told you (and the point is, I ain't special, millions and millions of people could have told you) that deBlasio not only didn't have a chance to win, he didn't have a chance to have any impact on the race at all. It was as close to a certainty as possible that the only realistic outcome to him signing up was making himself some kind of a joke, And yet he did. 

 

I guess these people get so full of themselves that they think they can overcome what everyone in the world knows is coming. But it's kind of amazing to watch it happen.

 

These guys live in insulated bubbles and not the real world, plus most of their interactions are with people who have to deal with them in an imbalanced power dynamic. This stilted feedback over time changes the pallate of their decision making and gives them false senses of reality.

 

Power Causes Brain Damage

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/power-causes-brain-damage?utm_source=pocket-newtab&fbclid=IwAR1oWXmyqsjGKFQTbVlsOqbn04hxhJzeszGyPYgWrGnCdCTpqITTFegffLk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

He was done before he entered the race. 

 

It's kind of weird, or maybe it just shows you how blinded by arrogance some of these guys are.

de Blasio was mad that a mayor of a college town was getting shine and thought he could do better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

 

These guys live in insulated bubbles and not the real world, plus most of their interactions are with people who have to deal with them in an imbalanced power dynamic. This stilted feedback over time changes the pallate of their decision making and gives them false senses of reality.

 

Power Causes Brain Damage

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/power-causes-brain-damage?utm_source=pocket-newtab&fbclid=IwAR1oWXmyqsjGKFQTbVlsOqbn04hxhJzeszGyPYgWrGnCdCTpqITTFegffLk

Don't disagree. But if you were going to subject yourself to the scrutiny and potential scorn that comes for you (and your family) with a Presidential run, then I have to assume you solicit a variety of opinions first. And any political analyst worth $5 could have told deBlasio (or Bennet, or Bullock, or Swallwell, etc) that all you're going to accomplish by running is to make yourself look foolish. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Don't disagree. But if you were going to subject yourself to the scrutiny and potential scorn that comes for you (and your family) with a Presidential run, then I have to assume you solicit a variety of opinions first. And any political analyst worth $5 could have told deBlasio (or Bennet, or Bullock, or Swallwell, etc) that all you're going to accomplish by running is to make yourself look foolish. 

 

I feel you and I agree as well regarding that point, but then the question is do they listen to those people? 

 

Look how Dan Snyder handles having someone like Brian Lafemina or whatever his name was telling him to deal with reality regarding his fanbase. He fired that guy and kept the sycophant instead. 

 

Its a reoccurring pattern for people like that unfortunately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fresh8686 said:

 

I feel you and I agree as well regarding that point, but then the question is do they listen to those people? 

 

Look how Dan Snyder handles having someone like Brian Lafemina or whatever his name was telling him to deal with reality regarding his fanbase. He fired that guy and kept the sycophant instead. 

 

Its a reoccurring pattern for people like that unfortunately. 

That's basically my point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

And any political analyst worth $5 could have told deBlasio (or Bennet, or Bullock, or Swallwell, etc) that all you're going to accomplish by running is to make yourself look foolish

 

Yeah but where would I be right now in my life without Swalwell’s “I’m gonna break up with Russia and make up with NATO” line altering the political landscape for seconds after 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Fresh8686 said:

Look how Dan Snyder handles having someone like Brian Lafemina or whatever his name was telling him to deal with reality regarding his fanbase. He fired that guy and kept the sycophant instead.

Yup. That’s how megalomaniacs operate.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^I think Beto proposing and not walking this back is going to be a major rallying cry for GOP voters.  Like to the point I could see it swinging the election back to GOP favor.  Someone needs to tell Beto to cool it.

 

***Not discussing the merits of his proposal, etc.  ONLY the election impact.  There are other threads for the rest of that conversation. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

^^I think Beto proposing and not walking this back is going to be a major rallying cry for GOP voters.  Like to the point I could see it swinging the election back to GOP favor.  Someone needs to tell Beto to cool it.

 

***Not discussing the merits of his proposal, etc.  ONLY the election impact.  There are other threads for the rest of that conversation. 

 

I think it works both ways.  There is a lot of evidence that (1) gun control advocates are just as engaged on the issue as gun rights advocates and (2) more people support an assault weapons ban than don't by a wide margin.  According to the linked Fox News poll, 46% of Republicans support an assault weapons ban.  Nearly 90% of Democrats do.  

 

Of course, a ban going forward and a mandatory buyback are 2 different issues. Also, what % of voters do you think fit into both of the following buckets:  (1) fanatical about guns and (2) on the fence about Trump.  Probably not many.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't think Buttigieg had a chance up until recently. Pretty interesting to see how he has risen. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, the ban like before. Then a buy back program in the Democrats second term m 

 

Beto needs to cool it. I know he's passionate about this issue and so are many people. But mandatory buy back goes right to the Democrats will take your guns argument of the NRA and Republicans for years.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

First, the ban like before. Then a buy back program in the Democrats second term m 

 

Beto needs to cool it. I know he's passionate about this issue and so are many people. But mandatory buy back goes right to the Democrats will take your guns argument of the NRA and Republicans for years.

 

Yeah that really plays right into their hands. The NRA was probably giddy when they found out Beto said that. He couldn't have given them a better gift. 

 

For decades it's been:

Republicans: "The Dems are going to come for your guns!"

Dems: "Um, no we aren't. Nobody is even proposing that"

 

Now it's:

Republicans: "The Dems are going to come for your guns!"

Dems: "Um, no we aren't. Nobody is even proposing that"

Beto: "We're coming for your guns!"

Dems: "Bruh..."

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

 

Yeah that really plays right into their hands. The NRA was probably giddy when they found out Beto said that. He couldn't have given them a better gift. 

 

For decades it's been:

Republicans: "The Dems are going to come for your guns!"

Dems: "Um, no we aren't. Nobody is even proposing that"

 

Now it's:

Republicans: "The Dems are going to come for your guns!"

Dems: "Um, no we aren't. Nobody is even proposing that"

Beto: "We're coming for your guns!"

Dems: "Bruh..."

 

For decades we didn't have a mass shooting every day. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Llevron said:

I didn't think Buttigieg had a chance up until recently. Pretty interesting to see how he has risen. 

You gotta squint pretty hard to see any recent gain worth mentioning with Buttigieg. He's in single digits, well below where he was 3 or 4 months ago. By the averages, he's over 10 points out of 3rd place Nationally, or in Iowa or NH. He barely registers in Nevada and SC.

 

I never thought there was any shot the Democrats would pick a ridiculously young and inexperienced, smallish guy to be the one to go against Trump in what most of them consider the most important election of their lifetimes. He's got a bright future, but I don't think there's a chance in hell he could win the nomination. I would bet on Beto or Booker to do so before I'd bet on him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming for your AKs and your ARs. Couple very obvious points to this.

 

Nobody needs an AR.

 

Flooding our country with military grade weapons should have never happened in the first place.

 

Predictably, it’s resulted in a rack of body bags.

 

A buyback of military grade killing machines is not radical. It’s common sense.

 

Im not worried about what the dumb**** NRA says. **** those mother****ers.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Coming for your AKs and your ARs. Couple very obvious points to this.

 

Nobody needs an AR.

 

Flooding our country with military grade weapons should have never happened in the first place.

 

Predictably, it’s resulted in a rack of body bags.

 

A buyback of military grade killing machines is not radical. It’s common sense.

 

Im not worried about what the dumb**** NRA says. **** those mother****ers.

 

Also, the NRA ain't the force it once was. not saying its a pushover, but its also not the invincible machine it seemed in years past

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not like he said we gonna take all the guns, just what you would classify as weapons of war.  You dont need weapons of war for self defense, and a lot of people get that, enough that I'm not worried about it. 

 

Id be suprised if the other candidates disnt in some support a buy back program, so part of me is glad that someone finally said they would do it instead of Dems wondering if they finally will.  Keep in mind, this is very much about turnout, I'd Dems have a higher turnout they win, regardless of what the NRA wants.

 

Now that we've started that conversation, he needs to follow it up with what guns hed protect so someone doesnt come behind him and try to take the rest.  At least I want some to clarify what guns should be allowed versus saying keep them all or be vague on which ones to take.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.