Rdskns2000

Presidential Election :11/3/2020- Putin's Impeachable Puppet vs The Rise of BootyWalker & some other Dems

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Ehhh...if I'm her I'd accept.  Absolutely want every outlet possible as I would know I have a steep hill to climb with Biden and Bernie.  

• Like 1

The more Democrat candidates that appear on Faux, the more credibility Faux gets. They are State TV, and they need to go. It's like CNN putting Trump on all the time during the 2016 election season.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

FTR I didn't think you were implying agecide.  I took it as you were gleefully awaiting the death of a generation.  That's not as bad as wanting agecide but it still makes you a ****ty person.

Not gleefully, it just needs to happen for the country to move in the direction the majority wants it to go. If waiting for some crappy people to die makes me crappy, so be it.

Edited by Simmsy

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/14/did-presidential-primary-debates-make-any-difference/?utm_term=.aa618bcb1519

Basically the debates made no difference.  Both Hillary and Trump led going in.  I would assume that it’s safe to say that Biden is your nominee.  Who’s gonna take the VP though?  I’d prefer Harris or Warren.

I believe the Dems don't have a winner take all system for their primaries and caucuses.  If a large number of candidates stay in the race, look for a brokered convention where anyone could win.  

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/14/did-presidential-primary-debates-make-any-difference/?utm_term=.aa618bcb1519

Basically the debates made no difference.  Both Hillary and Trump led going in.  I would assume that it’s safe to say that Biden is your nominee.  Who’s gonna take the VP though?  I’d prefer Harris or Warren.

Yeeesh. 

Kamala better get 10,000 times more poised really fast or Trump 2.0 is almost a given. 

24 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That's one year.  It is a mistake to draw conclusions from one year like that.

The debates clearly had an impact in 2008.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

That's one year.  It is a mistake to draw conclusions from one year like that.

The debates clearly had an impact in 2008.

I think 2008 is a long time ago politically speaking.  Plus, in 16 we had Bernie and 08 we had Barack.

Posted (edited)

I'm going to a fundraiser in San Francisco for Pete Buttigieg in a couple of weeks. Dropped $2,900 on it. They better serve some good food!

My father is pretty high on the guy. Thinks he is the spark the Democratic party needs.

Edited by abdcskins

Posted (edited)

Former Vice President Joe Biden (D) on Tuesday pushed back against criticism of his forthcoming climate plan by progressives who have characterized it as a "middle ground" approach to addressing global warming.

“You never heard me say middle of the road. I’ve never been middle of the road on the environment,” Biden told reporters in New Hampshire. "Tell her to check the statement that I made and look at my record."

"I don't think she was talking about me," Biden added.

Edited by visionary

10 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I'm going to a fundraiser in San Francisco for Paul Buttigieg in a couple of weeks. Dropped $2,900 on it. They better serve some good food!

My father is pretty high on the guy. Thinks he is the spark the Democratic party needs.

I don't think he will get it, but I love the fact that he is running. I love the diversity the left has with candidates. We have women, people of color, different sexual orientations and religion. I just think Mayor Pete is taking too big of a leap without establishing himself as a candidate. Obama was able to do it, but it was the right guy at the right time. I love that the left is able to put every type of person into the running. Hopefully, no one will be "hurt" when it comes down to the big vote.

• Like 4

Maybe Biden means once a Democrat is in the White House, rule of law will matter to them again?  Who knows....but his statement was a little puzzling.

Great, another one people have to tell you what they really meant. 

:ols:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-and-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-team-up-to-fight-big-banks-in-first-joint-legislation?source=articles&via=rss

I do not see this working at all.  Not whatsoever.  A lot of things that can fall through the cracks on limiting interest rates as well as post office banking.  Post Office banking really sounds like a pie in the sky idea that didn't think through the little things.