Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I really hate when people say America is the best country in the world. People who have never been out of the country tend to claim this the most as some form of patriotism. I can't stand it, if you don't agree, you "hate America", "you're a communist", etc. It shuts down all debate, the issues don't get discussed and therefore never get fixed. Its no different than "if you don't like it, leave". Last I checked, this is my country too, why do I have to leave because you're too ignorant and selfish to change?

We need baby boomers to die and and we need rural America to gain some culture. Time will fix the first problem, the second problem will take a lot more doing. People of "culture" tend to stay away from rural middle America and I don't blame them. There is nothing there for people like me or anyone else who isn't a white male...there isn't much there for them either. I had friends move to Georgia, they wanted me to come, I said I would never move to a red state (especially since VA is turning more blue each election cycle). Not even two months later, they were moving back and they're both white.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

I really hate when people say America is the best country in the world. People who have never been out of the country tend to claim this the most as some form of patriotism.

I'm curious what country you think holds that title and also what traveling outside the country have you done?

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'm curious what country you think holds that title and also what traveling outside the country have you done?

I haven't been anywhere outside of the US and I wouldn't know. Thats the point I'm trying to make, how can you say when you've never experienced anything else?

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Deserves its own thread, although I think it's been done before.

I've been to 56 for what it's worth. USA would be at the top for entrepreneurship, cultural influence, world-class universities, and global power of course. But not so good on quality of life if you are not in the top, say 20%, economically. The USA has been very good financially to this immigrant, but if I was, say, a teacher or nurse, there are at least 25 countries I can think of where you would have a better family life. And if your family is poor, the USA ranks very poorly compared to western nations.

On 5/6/2019 at 8:43 AM, Hersh said:

Seriously? No, you can't be serious. Are you? Cause that's some dumb*** **** right there if so. So we will assume you were joking. 

Following up..... Like I said Trump is too much like a Democrat for my taste.

"There was a time when people aspired to a world where race was an afterthought. It was always a tough slog, but we’d moved closer and closer over time. Then something funny happened – a political party realized they could benefit from division and that unity was bad for business..............

......If you divide people into groups it is much easier to win. Groups of people are easier to manipulate than millions of individuals. It is easier to win especially when you’ve been inundating them with the idea that there are “others” actively working against them as well as a system completely rigged to crush them..........

...........The most quoted like from Martin Luther King’s “I have a dream” speech is, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.” It’s a beautiful dream we’ve not only stopped moving towards, Democrats have slammed the car in reverse. To win elections they’re willing to damage the country by engaging in exactly what they tell people they’re fighting. That saddest part is it works."

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2019/05/12/the-lefts-obsession-with-race-n2546188

8 hours ago, nonniey said:

Following up..... Like I said Trump is too much like a Democrat for my taste.

https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2019/05/12/the-lefts-obsession-with-race-n2546188

Have you heard of the southern strategy?

https://medium.com/@rogers.carson5/the-right-wings-toxic-history-of-identity-politics-df4ab52472c

"The torch of the Southern Strategy was picked up by Richard Nixon in the next election of ‘68. While Goldwater was considered too extreme by the majority of the country, Nixon used white identity politics in a more inconspicuous way. White House Chief of Staff H.R. Haldeman had noted that Nixon “emphasized that you have to face the fact that the whole problem is really the blacks. The key is to devise a system that recognized this while not appearing to.” This was the tactic of coded racism that drove white identity politics in the modern era."

18 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

I've been to 56 for what it's worth. USA would be at the top for entrepreneurship, cultural influence, world-class universities, and global power of course. But not so good on quality of life if you are not in the top, say 20%, economically. The USA has been very good financially to this immigrant, but if I was, say, a teacher or nurse, there are at least 25 countries I can think of where you would have a better family life. And if your family is poor, the USA ranks very poorly compared to western nations.

Yeah, I figured this too. The average American's quality of life is low in comparison to other industrialized nations.

21 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

I've been to 56 for what it's worth. USA would be at the top for entrepreneurship, cultural influence, world-class universities, and global power of course. But not so good on quality of life............

Not the best country in the world for quality of life but I would still say quality of life is pretty damn good likely in the top 5-10% of the worlds population.

Archived