Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

No evidence that this is the case.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/whats-really-behind-pete-buttigiegs-lack-of-support-among-black-voters/

Maybe a sliver of black voters hold that against him, but it's more like that he's some random white dude no one knew off 1 year ago, from the fourth largest town in INDIANA and he's running against Obama's VP. Also, he's kind of a chump the more you pay attention to him.

I wonder if that shifts as you move south to more religiously fundamental areas .

I think a lot of it at this early point is just bidens association with obama

So I don't think I follow the horse race part of the process as some of the rest of you.  So I'm asking is there a chance a non-Biden non-billionaire moderate comes out of this?  If so, who?

Or are we pretty much locked into Biden, Warren, Sanders, or one of the billionaries (with I guess Buttigeieg having an outside shot).

(If Biden fails to win NH or Iowa, will you see moderates coalesce around somebody else fast enough?)

7 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

So I don't think I follow the horse race part of the process as some of the rest of you.  So I'm asking is there a chance a non-Biden non-billionaire moderate comes out of this?  If so, who?

Or are we pretty much locked into Biden, Warren, Sanders, or one of the billionaries (with I guess Buttigeieg having an outside shot).

(If Biden fails to win NH or Iowa, will you see moderates coalesce around somebody else fast enough?)

There are currently two of those attempting to do that: Tom Steyer and Mike Bloomberg.  I'd say neither has a chance, but Bloomberg at least has some name recognition that could help keep him in the race longer.

4 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

There are currently two of those attempting to do that: Tom Steyer and Mike Bloomberg.  I'd say neither has a chance, but Bloomberg at least has some name recognition that could help keep him in the race longer.

Sorry if my post was confusing, but I was looking for somebody that wasn't a billionaire (a non-billionaire).  

4 hours ago, PeterMP said:

There's is noone.

Amy Klobuchar would be the closest but she's only at 7% in Iowa and worse elsewhere.  She would need to finish 1st or 2nd to continue her candidacy and that's not happening.

Bloomberg is gambling the race won't be settled early on and with his money he can win delegates on Super Tuesday and beyond.  He's hoping for a contested convention.

I think it's 50-50 that Biden or Sanders is the nominee. 

7 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

44% of South Carolina Democratic primary voters say they would be "extremely" or "somewhat" hesitant to vote for a gay or lesbian candidate, via new Fox News poll.

The question actually says "A gay or lesbian candidate: Do you think your friends and neighbors would be 

hesitant about voting for a gayorlesbian 

candidate for president, or not?"

A couple points more from white South Carolinians if you add both extremely and somewhat hesitant 

Who Can't afford to do poorly in the early states?

Warren. She needs to either win Iowa and New Hampshire or finish no worse than 3rd. She finishes 4th, her campaign begins its death spiral. She would probably be gone after Super Tuesday.

Klobuchar needs to finish no worse than 3rd. If she can't; she won't make it to Super Tuesday.

Mayor Pete is in good position but if he finishes 4th or worse, He's done.

Biden loses South Carolina; it's the beginning of the end. It means he lost his black support.

Bloomberg isn't even competition in those early states.

The also rans and vanity candidates don't matter.

Archived