Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, JCB said:

My wife and I are waiting to see what happens in SC tomorrow before early voting on Sunday. We've been Team Warren the whole way but if she's got no shot, we might vote strategically for Biden rather than for EW. Makes me super bummed but I share the worries about Bernie in the general.

My primary is March 24, and if Liz is still in it, she has my primary vote. And it's because I truly believe in her fight for the middle class, and I believe she has really earned it. 

And I secretly wanna vote for a woman in this lifetime who, if elected, will actually try to help people...a female POTUS I can be proud of on the world stage. 

Its pretty crazy to me there is no rule against this. 

Both Brailey and Rooker are superdelegates who will likely vote for the Democratic presidential nominee at the party’s national convention this summer.

Well I’ll be damned. I don’t see how this is ok with you guys 

3 hours ago, Larry said:

Oh, I can certainly see arguments for scrapping the EC.  

One that resonates with me is the notion of getting rid of "battleground states" and "guaranteed states".  Make it a popular vote, and 1,000 votes is 1,000 votes, no matter what state they're in.  (I live in Florida.)  

I'm a lot less sympathetic towards arguments that hinge around "I think it would help my side".  

47 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

no it’s an unfair system regardless of the winner or loser. One group of citizens shouldn’t have a greater or lower voting power than another 

We have a whole thread dedicated to the subject.  I will say it has good arguments for both sides.  This isn't a topic where either side is 100% right.

10 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I voted for Liz today in NC. Felt good.

I probably will too, Durham here. I just have a LOT of anxiety about the general election. I love Warren so much, and it messes me up that she’s lost the momentum.

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

You would think full on authoritarianism would toughen some of y’all up but y’all are still worried we are gonna turn into Cuba in 4 years lol

Apparently, once you try to provide people with healthcare, a living wage, and quality affordable education, it’s a fast track straight to the darkest depths of human history

12 minutes ago, JCB said:

I probably will too, Durham here. I just have a LOT of anxiety about the general election. I love Warren so much, and it messes me up that she’s lost the momentum.

I love her but her policies and ideas are very similar to Bernie. Why are you so high on her but would rather vote for Biden who is much much further away in most policy aspects from Warren, instead of Bernie who is the closest to Warren? 

21 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

We have a whole thread dedicated to the subject.  I will say it has good arguments for both sides.  This isn't a topic where either side is 100% right.

i didn’t realize or remember there was a thread for the electoral college. Ah well. 

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Apparently, once you try to provide people with healthcare, a living wage, and quality affordable education, it’s a fast track straight to the darkest depths of human history

Either you are turning your backs on a situation which you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster represented by a pool table in your community.  

Momma, it’s only because of my long-game anxiety. My politics definitely align with Warren and Sanders, but the rule of law, international relations, all the foundational stuff that is almost beyond party. Or should be.

Every part of me wants Warren, but if she has no shot, while I am good with the Bern, I’m just uncertain about viability.

38 minutes ago, Larry said:

Either you are turning your backs on a situation which you do not wish to acknowledge, or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster represented by a pool table in your community.  

Damn. Please be flattered when I tell you I used that one day. ****in Harry Reid knowledge. (Did you borrow that? ) 

25 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Bloomberg is running from outside the party with his own money.

Bernie is running from outside the party with other peoples money and, uh...Russian/Trump support.

In a better world, we get a Biden/Warren ticket and save our democracy.

Could stilll happen...I guess.

All ya gotta do is vote with your heart.

sometimes it doesn't work out like ya wished though.

Whether for Super Tuesday or beyond, if you don't want to accept the Bern; you only have 2 options at this moment.

You are wasting your vote on the others.

Warren will win no state, not even her home state. She will win some delegates here and there but her campaign is basically over on Tuesday.

Klobuchar will only win her home state and that will be the only remaining delegates she will win. Her campaign is over.

Buttoning has no minority support. He won't win any state and will win few delegates. His campaign is over on Tuesday. 

Steyer might win some delegates today but that's it. His vanity campaign is going no where.

Gabbard is going nowhere.

Only 2 candidates might rack up some delegates. Biden because he has the older black vote. Bloomberg because he spent $500+ million so far.

I don't see anyone near Sanders.

It will not shock me if Sanders just wins this outright. After Tuesday, people will see the writing on the wall. The rest of primaries are dominated by Sanders and he gets the necessary delegates.

Archived