Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how did you deal with your family, friends who are Trump supporters or just voted for him, because he was GOP?

88Comrade2000

19 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

This is what I'm dealing with, this gem rolled across my feed from someone I've known for years. I know she's not bright and her whole family is your basic Trump focus group: poor, under educated, religious and isolated.

Stupid Republicans

We know what cross it represents

979c6d1911a9427fef34a76ab26d8752--gordon 

Whipped a-cross his back for disobedience 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Every time I send something to my dad, he replies with an article about how well the GDP is doing.  That's all he cares about, the economy.  Well, I haven't talked to him about Charlottesville but he being Jewish, I can't imagine he'll have much to defend.

Both of my uncles who are small business owners pretty much tout the same. Economy, not having to pay healthcare costs for their workers and anything to give businesses a tax break. They dont care about Trump's social pollicies as long as it helps their bottom line

6 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Both of my uncles who are small business owners pretty much tout the same. Economy, not having to pay healthcare costs for their workers and anything to give businesses a tax break. They dont care about Trump's social pollicies as long as it helps their bottom line

It's time to affect their bottom line.

Any business that is openly supporting Trump; it's time to take our dollars elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

It's time to affect their bottom line.

Any business that is openly supporting Trump; it's time to take our dollars elsewhere.

This. 

Just finding out that my nationwide pharmacy's CEO has one of the 5 highest salaries in the entire industry made me switch to a mom & pop across the street, that is still alive & kicking well enough to erect a new brick double-faced sign.  :)

10 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

I'd prefer to have a strong economy no matter who's in office.  A bad one doesn't do anyone any good.

12 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Some general contractors around here slap Trump stickers on their trucks, I take a photo and refuse to send them business.

ASF, I love ya man but those contractors probably have kids to feed and people that need their support.  I understand how much you hate Trump but don't you think this is a bit shortsighted?

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

ASF, I love ya man but those contractors probably have kids to feed and people that need their support.  I understand how much you hate Trump but don't you think this is a bit shortsighted?

Someone wants to continue to brag about their support for Trump even after the last seven months, choices have consequences. If they changed their minds since then they've had plenty of time to remove those stickers.

As they say, elections have consequences. Well, continued support for Trump should too.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

Someone wants to continue to brag about their support for Trump even after the last seven months, choices have consequences. If they changed their minds since then they've had plenty of time to remove those stickers.

As they say, elections have consequences. Well, continued support for Trump should too.

Well ok then... 

Just now, skinsmarydu said:

The guys with Trump stickers on their truck ruined the walls in the bathrooms in my restaurant twice...because they installed (twice) dispensers that we didn't have the product for.  Once again with feeling...TWICE.

Idiots.

Well I'm sure if they had Hillary stickers they'd have gotten it right :) 

Don't ask, don't tell.. I know 4 of the 6 aunts/uncles/my parents suppported Trump and my dad couldn't bring himself to hate Hillary.

I think these people simply don't pay attention enough to politics (I didn't until 9 years ago).

I am temp in DC area, and if you want to be concerned, just listen to CSPAN callers to the Republican line... its either "liberal media trying to take him down", or "overt racist" mixed in with some "can't we all get along and pray for each other" Christians.

What was scary was even the Christians were equivacating the Nazis and anti Nazis in calls I heard.. there was all sorts of garbage in my Church (not from pulpit) that Hillary was the anti-Christ, which made me very sad.

I hate abortion too, but Roe v. Wade should stay and the GOP won't really overturn it (you would think they would try having all levers of power and Gorsuch).. oh wait... just an emotional election issue to hook their base.

Anyone who doesn't believe that the GOPs anti Obama stance, birtherism picked up the Nazi votes, and they stand with Nazis is a fool.. basket of deplorables was correct, even if it is only 20% of the voters..

10 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Well ok then... 

Why should I do business or promote business for people who still continue to brag about their continued support of Trump? I've got a line of other contractors who know to keep their business and their politics separate. I sell homes to gays, straights, light and dark skin, various religions, on and on. I am prohibited by law (and conscience) from discriminating against the seven protected classes, so am I going to send a Trump waggon to one of my client's homes to do work from I contractor I recommended? 

Maybe, if the contractor was concerned about his kids eating he would have enough foresight to follow Micheal Jordan's "Republicans and Democrats both buy shoes" mantra.

1 minute ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Why should I do business or promote business for people who still continue to brag about their continued support of Trump? I've gpt a line of other contractors who know to keep their business and their politics separate. I sell homes to gays, straights, light and dark skin, various religions, on and on. I am prohibited by law (and conscience) from discriminating against the seven protected classes, so am I going to send a Trump waggon to one of my client's homes to do work from I contractor I recommended? 

Maybe, if the contractor was concerned about his kids eating he would have enough foresight to follow Micheal Jordan's "Republicans and Democrats both buy shoes" mantra.

So you don't discriminate against gays, straights, light and dark skin, religions, etc...but you're perfectly happy to discriminate against someones political differences?  Obviously, political parties aren't a protected class.

As stated in this very thread (and others) there are plenty of people out there who voted for Trump for various reasons.  Of course there are the alt-righters who would identify with the people in Charlottesville last weekend, but there's also people who...just didn't like Hillary?  Dyed in the wool GOPers who'd never vote Dem?  Thought Trump would be good for the economy and small businesses? Who knows.

Maybe I'm a bit of an idealist when it comes to this but I'd prefer to overlook someones political leanings when it comes to performing their daily job functions.  So you mean to tell me that if the most brilliant and requested contractor who had fair and equal pricing had a Trump sticker on the back of his car, you wouldn't use him?  I find that hard to believe.  Maybe even cutting your nose to spite your face (****, I sound like my dad...)

Not at all, if you choose to flaunt your politics at work then your customers get to take that into account. Personally I LOVE it each and every time I see someone making that statement, with a bumper sticker or a hat or a yard sign, they just save me time and effort.

Do I want or wish that their kids go hungry? Nope, I try not to let others motivate negativity in me, but I am not obliged to feed 'em.

12 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So you don't discriminate against gays, straights, light and dark skin, religions, etc...but you're perfectly happy to discriminate against someones political differences?  Obviously, political parties aren't a protected class.

As stated in this very thread (and others) there are plenty of people out there who voted for Trump for various reasons.  Of course there are the alt-righters who would identify with the people in Charlottesville last weekend, but there's also people who...just didn't like Hillary?  Dyed in the wool GOPers who'd never vote Dem?  Thought Trump would be good for the economy and small businesses? Who knows.

Maybe I'm a bit of an idealist when it comes to this but I'd prefer to overlook someones political leanings when it comes to performing their daily job functions.  So you mean to tell me that if the most brilliant and requested contractor who had fair and equal pricing had a Trump sticker on the back of his car, you wouldn't use him?  I find that hard to believe.  Maybe even cutting your nose to spite your face (****, I sound like my dad...)

CONTINUED BRAGGING ABOUT THEIR SUPPORT. Bumper stickers come off. The most brilliant contractors I know, know to separate their political lives from their businesses. Please be careful to actually read what I said. I am surrounded by people who voted for Trump, and I do business with them on a regular basis, and they are on my list of contractors. But the continued bragging about support for Trump via business promotion etc that I don't tolerate. I'm sure they have plenty of other clients willing to over look their political stain, but if someone STILL after all of this supports Trump then I do not do business with them.

4 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Not at all, if you choose to flaunt your politics at work then your customers get to take that into account. Personally I LOVE it each and every time I see someone making that statement, with a bumper sticker or a hat or a yard sign, they just save me time and effort.

The ones I like are the mom vans with "Xxxxxx Christian Academy" stickers right next to tbeir Trump stickers. Ahhh the beloved irony. You're exactly right...."Thank you ma'am for saving me the time."

I'm to the point where I see people's political persuasions much the same way I do their religion, I have no problem whatsoever accepting them as they are, without judging or demeaning them, but when you cross that line into proselytizing, when you have to get out there bangin on my door or rubbing my nose in it and making an obvious and intentional point of letting everyone know, then we part ways.

And IMO your personal views and public profession ought to be separate.

None of my true friends are Trump supporters, but I have several Facebook friend Trump supporters. A few of them are former coworker/friends where I already knew their political leanings. 

I'm not opposed to differing political opinions, but sometimes they would cross my personal line with the things they would say that ventured into offensive territory.  To the point they were revealing themselves to be someone I didnt really wanna associate with.  

But it takes a while to get there.  I dont just go around cutting people off quickly that meant something to me.

3 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

And IMO your personal views and public profession ought to be separate.

Super hard in my biz, where "making friends and influencing people" keeps "my base".  :hi:

Timing is everything, some times are less than optimal, so I keep it to a bare minimum at work. 

Most everyone I'm close with that voted Trump was strictly anti-Hillary.  However, I did hear from some of them that they liked that he wasn't a politician, would make the economy great again, and really loved the idea of sticking it to every other country as Trump touted throughout his campaign.  Most all of them at this point don't say much anymore.  They aren't willing to speak up and admit they were horribly wrong and some even say "still better than Hillary".

There are a few of my facebook friends that are holy rollers to the core that would drink Trumps bathwater.  I'm not sure why I don't unfollow/block them.  So many times I want to tell them what blithering idiots they are but I just scroll by.  It's kind of like a car wreck, where I know it's going to be bad but I can't help but look.

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Most everyone I'm close with that voted Trump was strictly anti-Hillary.  However, I did hear from some of them that they liked that he wasn't a politician, would make the economy great again, and really loved the idea of sticking it to every other country as Trump touted throughout his campaign.  Most all of them at this point don't say much anymore.  They aren't willing to speak up and admit they were horribly wrong and some even say "still better than Hillary".

There are a few of my facebook friends that are holy rollers to the core that would drink Trumps bathwater.  I'm not sure why I don't unfollow/block them.  So many times I want to tell them what blithering idiots they are but I just scroll by.  It's kind of like a car wreck, where I know it's going to be bad but I can't help but look.

"Unfollow" has been my saving grace!! People are so utterly insistent upon removing all doubt that they are idiots, and I prefer bliss.

Archived