Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So how did you deal with your family, friends who are Trump supporters or just voted for him, because he was GOP?

88Comrade2000

13 hours ago, zoony said:

So what youre saying is that there are people who arent hysterical children with 1500 posts on a football message board about trump and who constantly troll twitter and think the country is coming to an end?

There's so much wrong with the Republican party that no one person can be the embodiment of it all. Like, it would be a lie if I said "Zoony is everything that's wrong with the Republican Party." You've got a good chunk of it covered though.

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

There's so much wrong with the Republican party that no one person can be the embodiment of it all. Like, it would be a lie if I said "Zoony is everything that's wrong with the Republican Party." You've got a good chunk of it covered though.

He ain't no Republican, he's just tired of the Dems.

and has company

Just now, twa said:

He ain't no Republican

Agreed. I misspoke.

As far as Zoony's political postings... there is a hypocritical double standard where the GOP and it's base ran around screaming for 8 years about anything and everything Obama or Hillary... 99% of which was absolute bull****, but now, when we have a ****ing moron throwing up all over himself on a daily basis, nobody's supposed to complain. I guess I need to create a list of Trump topics... Here's a partial list just to get us started. I'd like to know which ones people shouldn't be concerned about.

-Threatening nuclear war on North Korea?

-Turning around the next day and threatening military action against Venezuela?

-The whole Charlottesville thing?

-Publicly shaming companies and CEOs who left his councils in protest of his ignorance?

-Tweeting a transgender military ban?

-Mooch?

-All the people he's fired?

-His boy scout speech?

-Lying about receiving a call from the Boy Scouts?

I know I'm forgetting a lot and it's worth pointing out that so far I've only mentioned things that happened in the last 3 or four weeks.

And then of course there's the total lack of self awareness. Using insults like "whiney little ****es" and "hysterical children" as a substitute for any sort of substance or well thought out position & in doing so, sounding whinier and more childish than anyone he could possibly be describing.

26 minutes ago, twa said:

and has company

Ah yes, well I'm shocked. I mean, I thought that Zoony's uncompromising hatred of the democrats was based on GOP brainwashing catalyzed by preconceived biases and supported by little to no actual thought, reflexively regurgitating the first thing that comes to mind no matter how weak of a statement it is. Now that I just learned that you also don't like the democrats... well, I may have to rethink my entire outlook on the subject.

I'm sure Zoony appreciates your support though. Having the twa endorsement carries a lot of weight around here :)

10 hours ago, jschuck12001 said:

I agree and you are a great example of what I was trying to convey.

By the way, when you go off on your own pm so I can help you with those 30,60, and 90-day net terms.  If you're subbing for GC's who are a prime for huge firms like a Mastec then you're going to need some help.  I have a lot of great relationships with many business owners who are in construction.

Thanks man, I appreciate the sentiment and the offer :)

I feel like there is a kind of Goldilocks zone of business done right. And I wish honest effort towards that zone was more of a focus for business in America. I find this "by any means" method of padding the bottom line and pedestalization of selfishness distasteful and immature. 

I really feel like that is what most people are against when they protest big business, but that narrative often gets lost or twisted for whatever reason. 

We as a people have got to find a way to evolve the conversation on this matter while not demonizing the people under the real pressures of running a company, but also not pedestalizing and giving a blind eye to those who fall into excess and exploit those they're responsible for. 

12 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

He has nothing on the line so he can sit back and point fingers as he wishes.

Here's a good account of what some of his neighbors in Tennessee have been up to:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/08/we-just-feel-like-we-dont-belong-here-anymore/

Of course he doesn't have to worry about silly little things like his children being persecuted and bullied at school for their race and ethnicity. Or constantly having to prove his credentials and accomplishments to racist white people who brought us birtherism and question the accomplishments of any person of color.

10 hours ago, twa said:

around here don't matter much

I'm with you. I hate every minute of the 9 hours I'm forced to spend on here each day.

So to summarize... GOP and its base is a **** show the likes of which is rarely seen for going on near a decade now. During this time, the amount and scope of non-fiction democratic scandals or blunders is dwarfed by what comes out of our current governmental "leadership" on a weekly basis. Natural response of course.... "We're tired of the dems."

3 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I'm with you. I hate every minute of the 9 hours I'm forced to spend on here each day.

So to summarize... GOP and its base is a **** show the likes of which is rarely seen for going on near a decade now. During this time, the amount and scope of non-fiction democratic scandals or blunders is dwarfed by what comes out of our current governmental "leadership" on a weekly basis. Natural response of course.... "We're tired of the dems."

Obviously some folk are tired of the reps as well.

only 9 hrs?....lightweight

This is what I think about race and misogyny in the United States today. 

There's a commercial on TV, where a Black mother is talking to her son about how to navigate in the world as a Black person. 

I haven't had that exact conversation with my daughter, I did have the how to be a female in the world conversation. 

Then I realize that a Black mother has to have both conversations with a Black daughter.

And I am pissed that we have to have these conversations at all in this the 21st Century.

As per the thread topic,I deal by not talking to the family members,(several in mine continue to support the man. College grads all too),about him or politics in general. No sense in it really. Minds won't changed by me or what I say. Though I finally broke my no politics on social media rule today and I'm sure that will clear the friends list a little bit. :)

Interesting,(to me),note in reference to my earlier post. Most family members and friends have gone silent. The few still continuing are either conspiracy theorists or frankly have too much pride to admit they were wrong and a few will jump through hoops in order not to do so. 

1 hour ago, PCS said:

As per the thread topic,I deal by not talking to the family members,(several in mine continue to support the man. College grads all too),about him or politics in general. No sense in it really. Minds won't changed by me or what I say. Though I finally broke my no politics on social media rule today and I'm sure that will clear the friends list a little bit. :)

I'm sorry but this is weak.

challenge them. The dangers that they doing to marginalized persons should be enough. 

I didn't put much thought in how to deal with them. It's like anything else... Just one more reflection of their character. My father who I love and is basically uninformed on the issues but puts his ideology above reality, I tried to talk to (sometimes argue with) but we've decided we're just not going to discuss it. I look at him differently now, yeah. I still call him every day though.

My cousin who is a paranoid nutjob that thinks the neighbors funnel gas into her house at night and replace her children with clones... my opinion of her was pretty much rock bottom already so there's not much change there. Her devotion to Trump is merely a reinforcement of what I already knew, both about her and the Trump base.

But like I said, I didn't spend any time formatting a plan for how to deal. When I found out my aunt was a drug dealer, it changed how I approached our relationship (we're much closer now) but it just happened. No plan. Since I found out all that stuff about my cousin, I avoid any interaction with her that I can but that was just natural (My wife wants to stop letting her babysit our kids after school but $15 an hour for all three of them... pretty hard to beat). For family members who like Trump, same deal. I think of them what I think of them based on everything I know and just like anybody else, what I think of them determines how much and in what context they fit into my life.

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I'm sorry but this is weak.

challenge them. The dangers that they doing to marginalized persons should be enough. 

I agree, sort of weak.  But you gotta know with who to pick your battles.  If someone is open minded and has a general curiosity about life, they can be reasoned with.  But there's a lot of people out there that are just interested in associating with people that agree with them and digging in their heels.

23 hours ago, twa said:

around here don't matter much

You right about that! Heck you even denied being a Republican once!

3 hours ago, PCS said:

Interesting,(to me),note in reference to my earlier post. Most family members and friends have gone silent. The few still continuing are either conspiracy theorists or frankly have too much pride to admit they were wrong and a few will jump through hoops in order not to do so. 

Most of mine have gone pretty quiet as well, but what I see picking up are the "ya'll screamed about Russians, then ya'll screamed about North Korea, then about Nazis, just turn off the tv." I sooooo badly just want to reply, "Ignorance would truly be blissful wouldn't it?" But I like some of these people.

21 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

White people need to start holding their friends and family accountable for racism. End relationships, tell them what they are and leave. Start supporting marginalized persons instead of staying quiet and cowardly. 

End of.

That's the wrong approach.  They need to hear liberal voices more than anyone and be exposed to different norms and points of view.  Democrats have let a message and dialogue vacuum in huge swaths of white America fester.  It's going to take a tremendous amount of discipline and work over a long period of time to fix the issue and promote tolerance and multiculturalism in these communities.

8 hours ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You right about that! Heck you even denied being a Republican once!

Obviously more than once since I registered as independent back when Dems controlled Texas.

at least I never embraced the Dems.

9 minutes ago, twa said:

Obviously more than once since I registered as independent back when Dems controlled Texas.

at least I never embraced the Dems.

You know exactly what I'm talking about, and it wasn't you registering as an Independent when Dems controlled Texas. It was within the last year when you said you weren't a Republican, and then denied saying it. We had a bet on it.

Just now, AsburySkinsFan said:

You know exactly what I'm talking about, and it wasn't you registering as an Independent when Dems controlled Texas. It was within the last year when you said you weren't a Republican, and then denied saying it. We had a bet on it.

And?

Archived