Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Emerging Technologies....They Might Have Cured Cancer….Also Leaf Blower Silencers!

PleaseBlitz

12 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

I know that shares are up for Twitter. I know you're mad. I know a lot. 

So are you excited that your remaining shares are gonna be worth a ton now that Elon owns it? Wish I had some shares!

I'd ve bought out at a lower value than what I sold some in 2021. I don't think you know how this works. They buy it. Shareholders likely would get cash buyouts and don't make anymore from it after. 

55 minutes ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Musk buying Twitter is the best thing that has happened in America in a while.

Don't care if Trump is reinstated or not. Ending the echochamber for one political party is a good thing.

Social media does influence the public, so one political parties voice should not be louder than another on it. Enable free speech and let Americans think for themselves and form their own opinions.

And if you ban someone you better be clear and public about the reasons for the ban if you want people to trust the platform.

The reactions to the purchase from the left only confirms that they know their voice was louder than all others. And those responses/people videotaping themselves literally crying because they think Musk's purchase HINDERS free speech, is actually quite HILARIOUS.

God Bless America! What a great day!

(Can't wait for the mob to attack this post)

Do you think Twitter is an echo chamber for the left?

The sad/pathetic part of this post is seeing someone get their enjoyment in life out of other people being miserable. Speaks volumes to your character. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

So are people just wildly speculating that he'll reinstate Trump to Twitter without any evidence?  Did Musk say that he would?  I genuinely haven't heard anything but you all seem to be on top of it so I'm sure someone will fill me in.

It's his talk sounding free speech and bans that has people concerned. While the rights entire twitter/free speech agenda is about Trump. Some of us could be reading too much into it and Elon will quickly understand that regulation is necessary, but given Trump's destructive nature and how bat **** crazy the right has become, it's a real concern. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Musk buying Twitter is the best thing that has happened in America in a while.

Don't care if Trump is reinstated or not. Ending the echochamber for one political party is a good thing.

Social media does influence the public, so one political parties voice should not be louder than another on it. Enable free speech and let Americans think for themselves and form their own opinions.

And if you ban someone you better be clear and public about the reasons for the ban if you want people to trust the platform.

The reactions to the purchase from the left only confirms that they know their voice was louder than all others. And those responses/people videotaping themselves literally crying because they think Musk's purchase HINDERS free speech, is actually quite HILARIOUS.

God Bless America! What a great day!

(Can't wait for the mob to attack this post)

You have no idea what free speech means. 

58 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Cynical thought, but perhaps Musk is just trying to be the next Trump.  

I don't know what the hell is wrong with society.  We used to see through things like "I am against wokeness" as "I no longer believe we should treat people the way I want to be treated."  Now there's just a loud static cacophony from one side of society that wants to drown out the rest. 

Have fun Elon...

52 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Well I mean I won’t have too. If it’s him vs anyone I’m voting for the other person.

Fwiw,  Musk wasn't born a US citizen so any thoughts of running for President are non existent. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's my whole point. It should be an open forum, not slanted. 

Twitter is slanted against people who habitually violate their tos. If anything, President Dotard was given extra chances and protections by Twitter that the average Joe does not have. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Twitter should be owned and operated by the government then? 

No. But given how much news cycles through it and how many reporters and publications use it to break stories, I wouldn't be against them being held to the same regulations that they are in their papers or on networks. 

2 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Twitter is slanted against people who habitually violate their tos. If anything, President Dotard was given extra chances and protections by Twitter that the average Joe does not have. 

The reasons he was "permanently suspended" were weak in my opinion. I don't think he violated their terms and conditions by answering that he wasn't attending Biden's Inauguration. 

Twitter is absolutely overflowing with alt-right accounts and offshore bot accounts that retweet alt-right accounts and has been since it’s inception.  To assert that it is somehow “slanted” to the left is a bald-faced lie…told by a shameless liar.

Edited by TradeTheBeal!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 9

55 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

The reasons he was "permanently suspended" were weak in my opinion. I don't think he violated their terms and conditions by answering that he wasn't attending Biden's Inauguration. 

Here is the explanation. 

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension

You did not mention the tweet that was first reported. Coming just two days after Maga domestic terrorism,  hard not to see what the mango mussolini was referencing. 

The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Twitter is absolutely overflowing with alt-right accounts and offshore bot accounts that retweet alt-right accounts and has been since it’s inception.  To assert that it is somehow “slanted” to the left is a bald-faced lie…told by a shameless liar.

maybe because a lot of those accounts are bots that just follow and repost each other, the real living/breathing folks feel marginalized? j/k. 

Imagine if every account had to be verified as an actual person or organization a few times a year. There are hundreds of millions of accounts now. How many would fail that test? 1/4? More?

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

maybe because a lot of those accounts are bots that just follow and repost each other, the real living/breathing folks feel marginalized? j/k. 

Imagine if every account had to be verified as an actual person or organization a few times a year. There are hundreds of millions of accounts now. How many would fail that test? 1/4? More?

75% easily.

• Thumb up 2

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Ok ok...if Musk brings Trump back to Twitter , @PleaseBlitz I highky recommend you clarifying that this isn't the thread to discuss this. if this is also the "WTF is wrong with Musk" thread, don't except anything on Emerging Technologies for a while here.

I feel like someone should just start an Elon Musk thread.  I want no part of that other than editing his name out of the title to this thread. 

4 hours ago, Destino said:

That would be the biggest troll move in history.  And cost an unimaginable fortune.  

I’m not the least bit worried about Musk taking over twitter.  I’m ok choosing what content I read and what garbage I avoid.

Same.  Twitter is not reality, it's a publicly-assessable forum that you can customize to your interests.  My interests are sports, dog videos and very little that would ever require me to argue with someone about their opinion.  I doubt I will even notice.  Hell, even if he institutes the much-discussed edit button, I won't notice because (1) I tweet like twice per year and (2) my tweet proofreading is ****ing impeccable.  

As far as this being "the best thing that has happened in America in a while".... holy ****, no.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

• PleaseBlitz changed the title to Emerging Technologies. Also: NO LONGER THE ELON MUSK THREAD
6 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I feel like someone should just start an Elon Musk thread.  I want no part of that other than editing his name out of the title to this thread. 

Fair.

I'll make a deal with you, take "Elon Musk" part out of your thread title here, and I'll change mine based on how the debate goes.  

That one I made is a very specific topic, I'm okay with opening it up based on how that debate goes / evolves.

I agree at minimum this one here can't and shouldn't be the Elon Musk thread and you shouldn't have to make one jus to clarify that.

Edit: Nice thread title change : )

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

I think Musk is gonna find out pretty quickly that fighting for speech on Twitter is overrated.  He's gonna wind up having to realize there's always a line.  I'll be watching for the first time he has to reel something in or even come close to censoring something.

Edited by justice98
  • Thumb up 2

48 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I think Musk is gonna find out pretty quickly that fighting for speech on Twitter is overrated.  He's gonna wind up having to realize there's always a line.  I'll be watching for the first time he has to reel something in or even come close to censoring something.

He doesn’t have to though. It’s a personal choice. 

hosting providers may kick them off, but there’s always another option. 

advertisers may stop spending their money there, but who knows what that would actually mean in this case. 

he doesn’t have to have to do anything. There are plenty of places that do nothing all over the internet. 

1 hour ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah my initial thought was probably half are bots and alts.

man. That's a lot.

In the end, Musk will have to deal with either being Mr. Free Speech, or accepting that the TOS is to protect his company also when he sees the **** the look out for to not be liable. Then a group talking about kidnapping a Governor, or sharing pics in DMs of naked kids...... or whatever twisted **** out there is being posted before coming down fast. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1