Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Times - Back to the Center, Democrats

grego

17 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

On those Sunday talk shows they are ALL on full spin and talking point mode. They are all looking for the pivot into the message of the week/day. 

Rarely are ANY of those shows informative.

The day when panels of five idiots talking over each other no longer graces our cable news landscape will be a good day for this country.

The only company doing news properly at the moment is HBO with its nightly weekday episodes of VICE.  

18 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

The day when panels of five idiots talking over each other no longer graces our cable news landscape will be a good day for this country.

The only company doing news properly at the moment is HBO with its nightly weekday episodes of VICE.  

Totally agree, I'm not familiar with VICE though.

Well, if Dems act like this; they are going to lose in 2018.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/10/california-democrats-elections-240341

If the Left/Far Left are going for purity only; then aren't going to win elections.

What's better for them to get their issues passed?

Having a candidate that meets the purity requirements but loses to the GOP or having a candidate that may not meet all the purity requirements but beats the GOP?  You have a better chance of get your issues passed into law with the Dems in control.

55 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I'm not going to go so far as to say they are doing it properly... they definitely have a very liberal slant and it shows, though they do a good enough job that it's hard to tell unless you actually know the subject well.

I will put them heads and shoulders above the other options on TV for anything close, and I will say they actually make a real effort for investigative journalism.

I like VICE, it's on my DVR list, my wife and I watch it regularly (though not for a few weeks now, very busy...) I just think they could do better.

Good points made about using the shows as messaging. Those shows are rarely informative, but they are revealing in some way. Unlike This Week, MTP with Chuck at least tries at times to give an overview of where we as a society stand on issues. He does try to incorporate those overall views into interviews. I haven't seen VICE. I don't have HBO, but may look some stuff up YouTube. 

19 hours ago, zoony said:

There is most definitely a war on hunters from the left and people who dont hunt.  I think weve had this discussion before, when you told me that hunters did nothing for conservation

I have a buddy who lives in San Diego and cant get a permit because every year when they are made available all of the lefty froot loop assholes bjy them all so they can protect bambi

Also, a recent narrative that catch and release fishing is animal cruelty, from the left.  That one is as fun as a bag of dicks.  Good stuff

Your biggest blindness (yours personally) is that if someone makes a fruitloop leftish statement ... the "THE LEFT" has spoken.... etched the position in granite and now THAT IS THE IN LEFTISH RULEBOOK.  learn it, commit it to memory, and own it.   

<What the middle of the ivory tower *might* look like... >

Image result for moses 10 commandments

<<<<ignoring Charlton Heston, of course>>>>  

on the other hand if a rightish fruitloop makes a dumbass statement,... its just an idividual, making a statement.... even if THE WHOLE ****ING CONSERVATIVE COMMUNITY LINES UP and supports every single ****-tard making these one-off, individual looney dumbass statements.... every ****ing time...like clockwork.   

"Regular guys" may say revolting things.... and they may support truly disgusting people that make truly revolting statements and enact truly barbarous legislation...  but they aren't stained by that because..... you know.... regular guys.  

family.jpg

everything is swell.... 

abortions like Trump come along because lefies are fixated on chix-w-dix, killing coal, taking away hunting, and taking ****s on apple pie..... not because dickheads vote for piece of **** assholes.

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, if Dems act like this; they are going to lose in 2018.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/10/california-democrats-elections-240341

If the Left/Far Left are going for purity only; then aren't going to win elections.

What's better for them to get their issues passed?

Having a candidate that meets the purity requirements but loses to the GOP or having a candidate that may not meet all the purity requirements but beats the GOP?  You have a better chance of get your issues passed into law with the Dems in control.

The far left of the Dem party *always* make this kind of noise, until the actual election comes, and then they nominate the perfectly "acceptable to everyone" centrist candidate.  I wouldn't take to heart what they are saying in 2017 when it comes to an election

taking place in 2020.

Take a moment to reflect on the GOP field without Trump in it.  Cruz was very likely on his way to the nomination had Trump bowed out earlier.  Ted Cruz.

1 minute ago, mcsluggo said:

58% of Republicans think that colleges and universities have a negative impact on the US... 

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/341305-poll-most-republicans-say-colleges-have-negative-impact-on-us

.... but..... the problem with this country is trannys.   

The wealthy elite are going to get the "peasants" to help destroy their own higher education institutions. 

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

abortions like Trump come along because lefies are fixated on chix-w-dix, killing coal, taking away hunting, and taking ****s on apple pie..... not because dickheads vote for piece of **** assholes.

I thought it was because ya ran Hillary?

:rofl89:

People's inability to separate actual policy from random segments on cable news frustrate me.

Example: Turn on a show like Tucker Carlson and chances are he will be discussing some "issue of the left" that includes bringing on random person no one has ever heard of, giving an opinion almost no one shares, but then the segment is framed as "Dems be crazy"  

The ease at which perceptions are skewed by mass media is astounding.

2 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

People's inability to separate actual policy from random segments on cable news frustrate me.

Example: Turn on a show like Tucker Carlson and chances are he will be discussing some "issue of the left" that includes bringing on random person no one has ever heard of, giving an opinion almost no one shares, but then the segment is framed as "Dems be crazy"  

It's why Joseph Goebbels was arguably one of the most powerful and influential people in the third Reich. People keep saying that the worlds going to hell in a handbasket, but nothings changed people are the same as they ever were.People keep saying that the worlds going to hell in a handbasket, but nothings changed people are the same as they ever were.  We are nothing if not highly predictable beasts, show us a mouse and will scatter like elephants.

19 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

this is absolutely true. 

people believe (rightly or wrongly) that PC has run amok on campus largely because fox will cover it every time it happens, so we see it. similarly, "X" network/website will show a video police shooting that typically involves a black, unarmed suspect and a white cop. we see it, and we talk about it. and we come to the conclusion that white cops are executing black unarmed men, even though were seeing a small percentage of the 1,000 or so police shootings that happen every year. 

our filter bubbles determine what we see, and our perceptions about reality are formed. 

On 7/9/2017 at 8:15 PM, zoony said:

There is most definitely a war on hunters from the left and people who dont hunt.  I think weve had this discussion before, when you told me that hunters did nothing for conservation

I have a buddy who lives in San Diego and cant get a permit because every year when they are made available all of the lefty froot loop assholes bjy them all so they can protect bambi

Also, a recent narrative that catch and release fishing is animal cruelty, from the left.  That one is as fun as a bag of dicks.  Good stuff

I love that zoony believes that hunters = fisherman, because evidently words don't mean things anymore.  

4 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Why must millions of women give up their safe bathroom space so a miniscule subset of males who think they are women and all those pervert assholes out there can have access? 

That's nuts.

The obviously flip side of this is the subset of people who are technically women but for all intents and purposes are men, are forced to use the women's bathroom.  

20 hours ago, twa said:

I thought it was because ya ran Hillary?

I fail to see how that explains Donald Trump being the "Republican" nominee.

Hillary would also have been about 5 bazillion times a better president than Trump. The GOP is a ****show in every way twa. It needs to die.

Are people actually afraid of getting assaulted in a bathroom or something? I'm in and out of there in two seconds and pay no attention to anyone. I guess its because I'm not a chick but I don't know I think its kinda overblown. If someone wants to commit sexual assault they'll do it wherever, not wait until they're in the bathroom.

Archived