Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are you comfortable with our ties to Russia?

wolfsire

3 minutes ago, wolfsire said:

Trump has strong ties to Putin. I'm ok with it as I feel both countries are better given an alliance. How do you feel?

Nothing wrong (in principal) with having ties to Russia.

Now let me pose a question to you: How do you feel about having ties to a country that successfully interfered with our democratic process?

10 minutes ago, wolfsire said:

That's purely speculation. My point has to do with all the unrest in certain areas of the world. North Korea. China building air-strips in the South China Sea. etc

I mean if you fundamentally just don't believe our intel agencies well then yeah, it's pure speculation.

Personally, I think Putin is untrustworthy and quite frankly, a murderer.

1 minute ago, wolfsire said:

ok. It's real. If it makes you feel better. Don't you think we need a world power to help us keep a level of sanity in the east?

You're making the assumption that Russia/Putin shares the same goals as we do.

Everything I've seen from Putin says quite the opposite.

I'm more concerned with your ties to crack.

Helloooooo..... They ATTACKED US!!!

9 minutes ago, wolfsire said:

Don't you think we need a world power to help us keep a level of sanity in the east?

Do I think we need RUSSIA to interfere in our elections?!?!? I think somebody needs to interfere with your erections in order to prevent any expanding of the herd.

Generic Trump voter everybody.... Generic Trump voter. Give him a hand.

1 hour ago, wolfsire said:

Thank you....Thank you. It's been a pleasure to try and make sense to knuckle-headed liberals. But I didn't vote for Trump. He's an environmental disaster.

What do you think you said that makes any goddamn sense? You're fine with hostile countries attacking us as long as fat tub of goo, lying sack of **** Donald Trump tells you to be. Was it the part where you said that it was "pure speculation"? PURE SPECULATION! That's some mindless **** right there.

and I'm not a liberal. I'm not anything politically. I'm also not a moron though.

Russia doesn't want an alliance.  It wants naivety and complacency so it can take your back and put the knife in it.

Putin is ex-KGB.  He wants to bring Russia back to the world superpower level.  I think deep down he knows that's unlikely, given Russia's population and economic standing.  If people = economic power, Russia's 200ish million will lose to the US, EU, and China.  If resources = economic power, Russia's reliance on oil for a huge chunk of its economic output.

But what Russia CAN do is drag everyone else down.  In a world without a clear and obvious central focal point (USA) they can gain regional power, and stand on even footing with all the other regional powers around the world.

And that's precisely what they've been trying to do.  Crippling NATO and breaking up the EU has been their plan for some time.  Getting a crazy nationalist elected President was icing on the cake.

Russia will never be an ally, at least not with their current cast and crew.  They will stab you in the back as often as they can.

As for the other countries, it is not necessary to form an alliance with a country like Russia to be effective.

North Korea is bat**** crazy.  Adding Putin to our list of allies doesn't really do much.  So long as NK is protected by China, NK will continue to act out.

And a US-Russia alliance won't do much re: China.  Russia is a regional military force mostly focused on Eastern Europe and the Middle East.  They sure as heck aren't going to engage with China.  China, likewise, is a regional military force looking to expand its borders; they aren't a global force like the US but they are potent in local environments.

The best defense against China's growth is to closely ally with other Asian countries.  Create an APTO (Asian-Pacific Treaty Organization) which reins in China's influence, but even better than that build close economic ties.

Of course there WAS a plan to do that...until some people killed it.  Killing TPP was the best thing for China's growth that anyone could have done.  Was TPP perfect?  Heck no.  But if you really are concerned about China, then TPP was a metaphorical superweapon.

But anyways, allying with Russia will get us nowhere in those geopolitical matters.  Any "victories" they are a part of would undoubtedly be offset by the many losses elsewhere Russia would work to cause in order to achieve it's goal of destabilizing the rest of the world for Russia's benefit.

Russia, more than anything, needs to be heavily shunned globally.  They need more sanctions and to be more isolated.  They need to be cut off until such a time that Putin is run out of the country and replaced by a truly representative form of government that has abandoned the authoritarian imperialist ideals of the USSR.

3 hours ago, wolfsire said:

Trump has strong ties to Putin. I'm ok with it as I feel both countries are better given an alliance. How do you feel?

Hell no I'm not comfortable with it. 

Putin is a thug who's intent is to destabalize the Western alliances. He's directed his cyber units to inferfere with elections in order to leverage nationalist candidates.

Russia is NOT our friend.

Russia is NOT our ally.

Russia is NOT to be trusted.

3 hours ago, wolfsire said:

That's purely speculation. 

What's purely speculation?

If you're referring to Russian interference in our election, then I beg you to check the facts. Comey testified under oath that there is no denying that the Russian state services were directly involved in attempts to interfere with our election. All 17 national intelligences groups are in 100% agreement. If that is what you mean by speculation then you're using the word wrong.

2 hours ago, wolfsire said:

ok. It's real. If it makes you feel better. Don't you think we need a world power to help us keep a level of sanity in the east?

If that makes us feel better?

It's obvious that you don't have a grasp as to how serious an offense this is. It's also obvious that you don't have a clue that Russia does not share our goals in the Middle East or around the world. They want a weakened NATO they want a weakened UN all so Putin can get away with stealing more countries with impunity. 

One thing that's also clear is that Russia did nothing to the Assad regime after Assad gased his own people. In fact Russia has gone so far as to cast doubt on the whole attack. If that's the type of people you'd trust then remind me to never ask you to hold my wallet.

2 hours ago, wolfsire said:

Thank you....Thank you. It's been a pleasure to try and make sense to knuckle-headed liberals. But I didn't vote for Trump. He's an environmental disaster.

You come in here make a knuckle-headed post, with two amateurish responses to serious situations that you obviously don't have a full grasp on and yet we're the problem.

Got it. Go enjoy Trump, I'm sure he'll try and give you exactly what you want. 

I can't sleep trying to wrap my brain around the fact that the entire "Republican" party elected a man who insults POWs and applauds Russian attacks on the United States of America. Even now, despite his clear incompetence, moral bankruptcy, and destructive consequences to the country, they continue to kowtow to him on a daily basis. Soulless, unprincipled, worthless excuse for a political party.

1 hour ago, twa said:

I'm curious....did ya'll hold the same Russian view when Hillary was hugging their nuts under Obama's direction?

Russia hasn't changed since then.

You say this, but Russians hate the Clintons and the reset failed under Obama. Russian relations fell to a pretty bad place. So, it seems to me that this bit of right wing propaganda doesn't wash with reality. Additionally, I know from talking to Russians in the news media and some in government that they haven't forgiven some of the stuff that happened under Bill and hold both of them in contempt. The also began becoming sympathetic with what they believed were conservative ideas thinking they aligned better. These ideas ranged from some conservatives preaching isolationism to their stances on homosexuality. In short, they thought Republicans think more like they do.

Archived