Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

54 minutes ago, Bang said:

I don't care about giving them airtime, it's the giving them an out so they can appear legitimate that bugs me.

Giving them airtime on Sunday morning news shows immediately legitimizes them tho. I agree that not pressing their guests is a big problem. Scheduling them while knowing the interview will be soft in the first place is a much bigger issue. Why even bother with it in the first place if the guest is just going to avoid questions and outright lie? To give the appearance of being nonpartisan?

• Like 4

Unfortunately, they are one of the two primary political parties in the US, they cant be shut out.

But they can be held to the fire. Or in it, as it may.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Giving them airtime on Sunday morning news shows immediately legitimizes them tho. I agree that not pressing their guests is a big problem. Scheduling them while knowing the interview will be soft in the first place is a much bigger issue. Why even bother with it in the first place if the guest is just going to avoid questions and outright lie? To give the appearance of being nonpartisan?

It's the only place moderates and the left are going to see and be repulsed by people like Scott/Noem. 

I would prefer not to give airtime to people like them. What I'd prefer more is to call them in those moments as being dishonest. Then ending the interview. We know that would never happen. They are so afraid of not getting any elected GOP guests, that they still can't use the word "lie" to refer to so much of what Don says to these people. Just say lie. He's lying all the time. 

For Noem......she was probably offered to these networks today without being asked. She's radioactive ☢ right now.

The format of these should go back to the old days like MTP. A few real journalists asking a politician questions together. This 1:1 thing sucks when nobody will push back strongly. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

Good lord, what an asinine response lol 😂...

^^ To summarize:

Noem's book: "Let me talk about some world leaders I have met. I remember meeting with Kim Jong Un. He underestimated me."

"Did you meet with Kim Jong Un?"

Noem: "I've meet with many world leaders. I'm glad we had a chance to adjust the book before it came out."

"So you did NOT meet with Kim Jong Un?"

Noem: "I'm not going to talk about the world leaders I have met with..."

Me: "But you already did in your stupid ****ing book, you moron!"

• Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

Posted (edited)

By the way, Noem read her book 2 months ago, out loud lol:

So you would think if something like her having met Kim Jong Un was an error, she would have noticed it back when she was reading that part into a microphone and recording it..

And just to pile on lol...

image.thumb.png.b7f44d87a622b09f59081b8679620f67.png

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 3

This **** doesn't know when to shut up.

Trump VP Hopeful Kristi Noem Suggests Biden’s Dog Commander Should Also Be Put Down

Republican South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem implied that President Joe Biden’s dog, Commander, should meet the same ill fate as her own 14-month-old dog Cricket, who she shot due to its aggressive behavior, as she revealed in her upcoming memoir.

“Joe Biden’s dog has attacked 24 Secret Service people. So how many people is enough people to be attacked and dangerously hurt before you make a decision on a dog?” Noem said Sunday on CBS’ “Face the Nation.” “That’s the question that the president should be held accountable to.”

The Biden administration announced in October that Commander had been relocated off White House grounds after various incidents where he had bitten or otherwise attacked U.S. Secret Service agents.

Noem’s Sunday comment comes as she faces considerable blowback from both Democrats and Republicans for anecdotes in her upcoming memoir about decisions to personally put down various family farm animals, including Cricket and an unnamed goat.

As she vies to become Donald Trump’s vice presidential pick, some, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, have posited that the controversial memoir snippets have tanked her chances.

In the days since Noem’s memoir anecdotes went public, the South Dakota governor has been doing damage control to save her VP bid.

On Sunday, Noem doubled down on her defense to put down Cricket, claiming that the dog had been attacking her children and that the backlash she has received is politically motivated.

“This has been a story that my political opponents have tried to use against me for years,” Noem said. “They’re doing the same thing to me, that they do to Donald Trump every day.”

Part of how we got here, is that part of Republican programming is that, when you get caught doing something despicable, don'tback down. Double down. 

And do something else despicable, too. As a distraction. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 5/5/2024 at 10:41 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

For the life of me, I will never fully understand women who do this stuff and think it somehow looks good

I absolutely 100% get the fact that there are unreasonable and unfair beauty standards that women in our society much of the time have to try and live up to, but this stuff is just absolutely nutso and looks awful at best.

On the left I see an attractive middle age woman. On the right I see nothing but pure nightmare fuel.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

For the life of me, I will never fully understand women who do this stuff and think it somehow looks good

I absolutely 100% get the fact that there are unreasonable and unfair beauty standards that women in our society much of the time have to try and live up to, but this stuff is just absolutely nutso and looks awful at best.

On the left I see an attractive middle age woman. On the right I see nothing but pure nightmare fuel.

In my small flyover city there are the typical big fish/small pond lawyers, doctors and bankers. 

We happen to be one of the largest producers of pecans in the world, they grow great in the desert with some irritation water.  The market in the last twenty years for pecans has gone nuts.  Chinese love them (because they look like little mini brains, go figure). 

Add a new contingent of big fish who are more crackery than a box of saltines.  The women folk look just Kristi.  Best I can figure is they're all trying to look like Melania.  Hideous.

Funny how the media hasn't really reported on this NAR movement before...I knew evangelicals were illogically backing Trump, but this makes it look far more widespread than anyone ever thought...and confirms that the current evangelicals are basically adopting the same beliefs that the Confederate States of America had about America supposedly being created for white Christians only...and that violence is OK in furthering their goals.

https://religionnews.com/2024/05/06/how-trumpism-has-pushed-a-fringe-charismatic-theology-into-the-mainstream/

How Trumpism has pushed a fringe charismatic theology into the mainstream

Charismatics who don’t identify as evangelicals also show majority support for the territorial spirits notion (59%), which only drops below a majority (to 34%) for nonevangelical, noncharismatics. In short, these NAR ideas and theologies have spread far beyond the explicitly charismatic circles in which they originated.

In other words, what not long ago seemed to be a marginal set of beliefs has become a dominant religious framework among American Christians. We’ve known for quite some time that charismatics and Pentecostals were the fastest-growing Christian group in the country, but no one has shown yet just how widespread NAR-linked beliefs are, or how far they extend beyond a charismatic/Pentecostal identification. From our evidence, it is no surprise that we are hearing much more talk from religious leaders about demons and spiritual warfare.

The fact that these NAR-affiliated Christians make up the core of Christian Trump support and the new base of the Republican Party also helps explain why many elected officials have taken a decidedly charismatic turn. It explains why a Southern Baptist in good standing like Mike Johnson would be linking arms with NAR apostles, why provocateur Roger Stone has claimed he too is the subject of prophecies and announced in 2022 that he had a vision of a demonic portal above Joe Biden’s White House. It explains why former Texas Gov. Rick Perry would propagate the notion of Trump being anointed by God

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Funny how the media hasn't really reported on this NAR movement before...I knew evangelicals were illogically backing Trump, but this makes it look far more widespread than anyone ever thought...and confirms that the current evangelicals are basically adopting the same beliefs that the Confederate States of America had about America supposedly being created for white Christians only...and that violence is OK in furthering their goals.

https://religionnews.com/2024/05/06/how-trumpism-has-pushed-a-fringe-charismatic-theology-into-the-mainstream/

How Trumpism has pushed a fringe charismatic theology into the mainstream

This country...I just....

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Best be ready.

It is 'modern times'. But if they do follow through, the entirety of it all will be here. All the barbarity of the past. Concentration camps, slaughters, attempts to 'ethnically cleanse', pogroms..  all of it.

I mean unless we think Trump is just joking with his 'i want to be a dictator' stuff. And with it his promises to go after the DOJ, the democrats, atheists, and others. And with all of these ****ers basically telling us they're going to do it in the name of their ****ing God.

History isn't far away.

~Bang

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1