Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

The Noem dog thing is funny because that’s how life is on a farm, and it shows how unaware of that many people are. 

animals have jobs or purposes and when they fall outside that ability for whatever reason the animals are usually put down and often with a firearm. They aren’t cute things you pet and form bonds with, they’re just a cog on a wheel. Horses, pigs, cows, goats… dogs… they’re all treated that way. 

it’s a great illustration of the fundamental disconnect between two core cultures in this country 

farmers don’t have a use for a hunting dog that doesn’t hunt well. It’s just another thing to feed at that point and you don’t do that with animals. 

it’s nothing close to dog fighting, and I saw that as someone that thinks what Vick did was horrendous but also he served his time so leave him alone about it 🤷‍♂️ 

That dog won't hunt. 

(Sorry. Had to.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

The Noem dog thing is funny because that’s how life is on a farm, and it shows how unaware of that many people are. 

animals have jobs or purposes and when they fall outside that ability for whatever reason the animals are usually put down and often with a firearm. They aren’t cute things you pet and form bonds with, they’re just a cog on a wheel. Horses, pigs, cows, goats… dogs… they’re all treated that way. 

it’s a great illustration of the fundamental disconnect between two core cultures in this country 

farmers don’t have a use for a hunting dog that doesn’t hunt well. It’s just another thing to feed at that point and you don’t do that with animals. 

it’s nothing close to dog fighting, and I saw that as someone that thinks what Vick did was horrendous but also he served his time so leave him alone about it 🤷‍♂️ 

She could have rehomed the dog to someone who would love it just for itself. **** your definition of "farm culture".

• Thanks 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, tshile said:

- Most farmers who kill dogs kill other farmer's dogs who threaten or have killed their livestock. Farmers usually understand the necessity of controlling their own dogs and take the time and put in the effort to do just that. But, yeah, it does happen when farmers end up putting down their own dogs. But I would be shocked if "they can't hunt" is considered reason enough for most farmers to pull the trigger.

- Noem--let's say "made the mistake"--of injecting feelings into the discussion when she said "I hated that dog"...that goes beyond utility being the motivating factor and into personal feelings being a factor, no matter what those feelings were based on.

- I'm not exactly a fan of "that's just how things are in rural America, that's just their mindset"...but then I'm speaking from the perspective of a Black man who lived his entire life in the U.S. and had more than his share of experiences with the rural mindset on things lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Once again she never trained the dog to hunt properly. She put a ****ing shock collar on the dog and expected it to behave like sll the other trained dogs. 🤷🏻‍♂️

The "farm culture " is some straight up bull****. Good thing I have that poster on ignore atm. 🤬

• Haha 1

Yeah I’m not saying I like it either. 

just saying it’s a pretty normal thing for that group of people. The outrage is a perfect example of showing a huge disconnect between people 

I was as upset as everyone too - back when i was like 8 years old and learned this is an aspect of that life. 

at almost 40 my reaction is “yeah that’s a crappy part of that life but also tracks as normal” …

Just shows how little people know about other, major lifestyles in this country, and how it goes on both directions

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

You take the dog to the vet and he gets a shot.  Doing it old yeller style isn't necessary anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb down 1

5 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

You take the dog to the vet and he gets a shot.  Doing it old yeller style isn't necessary anymore.

I’ve had this discussion with those people 

zero chance they’re spending the money on a vet bill for a shot. 

just telling you how they think about it, its not something I’m fond of. 

• Thumb down 1

The chicken and salmon you all buy from the store is treated way more inhumanely and grossly as a basic way of producing the volume of food such that it’s an option for you at the store, and as standard operating procedure for the industry, than the unfortunate stories of farmers dealing with various issues with their animals. 

people choose how to pay attention and what to get angry about. Just think it’s funny to observe 

2 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Yeah wtf do I know my folks have only been breeding hunting dogs for over a quarter century in rural America.  Laugh it up. 🖕🤬🖕

Thought you were ignoring my posts?

this is an oddly immature track you’re on at the moment but ok 

• Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

No you rehome the dog. 

This one was the bitingest pup I've ever been around. My mom's friend and her husband who were gifted the dog couldn't handle her properly so she was returned. Only time that's happened  in twenty five years. They are actually the people my folks first bought theirs from. Guess who's the sweetest dang dog now at age seven? 🤷🏻‍♂️

20240427_132716.thumb.jpg.4964404466e81f861a76fe7d837f109e.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Grew up with farmers and ranchers, lived on farms and they were obviously a better class of ag people than you know. You have a personal relationship with your vet if you raise livestock.  He or she does house calls.  The only reason any ag person I know would shoot an animal is if it weren't theirs and was killing things on their farm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Grew up with farmers and ranchers, lived on farms and they were obviously a better class of ag people than you know. You have a personal relationship with your vet if you raise livestock.  He or she does house calls.  The only reason any ag person I know would shoot an animal is if it weren't theirs and was killing things on their farm.

I’m definitely not claiming there were some high class of people

• Thumb down 1

@tshile I've spent plenty of time around farmers and their dogs.  I have NEVER met a farmer that viewed a dog the way you describe. In my experience, farmers treat their animals a lot better than most non-farmers.

Edited by TheGreatBuzz
Spelling
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

That’s great. 

don’t think I said all farmers are that way. Just that it is a part of those peoples culture. 

some of you get real upset over someone sharing information

tbought this stuff was common knowledge 😂 

• Thumb down 1

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s great. 

don’t think I said all farmers are that way. Just that it is a part of those peoples culture. 

Except it isn't "just part of those peoples culture."

Sorry, my last post should have been more clear apparently. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Except it isn't "just part of those peoples culture."

Sorry, my last post should have been more clear apparently. 

Well next time I see one I’ll let them know their way of life doesn’t exist 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well next time I see one I’ll let them know their way of life doesn’t exist 

Thanks!

On a completely unrelated topic, what are your thoughts on using personal interactions with a small segment of a group and then assuming that applies to all of that despite many others saying the contrary? 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks!

On a completely unrelated topic, what are your thoughts on using personal interactions with a small segment of a group and then assuming that applies to all of that despite many others saying the contrary? 

Edit:

I didn’t intend to say it applies to all. It is something I was exposed to at a young age. And I’m not sure I’ve ever met a farmer that wasn’t cut from that cloth. But I surely don’t want to imply every farmer every one of you has ever met is the same way. Seems like a stupid thing to think yet here we are. 

it’s common though the ones I’ve been around. It does exist as a way of doing things. Been that way for a long time. There is a movie about putting the dog down that way for other reasons. I’m not a fan of it but I’ve never been a farmer and it’s not really my choice. 

dont know what to tell you all 😂 these people exist whether you want to admit it or not 😂 

Edited by tshile

6 hours ago, tshile said:

Yeah I’m not saying I like it either. 

just saying it’s a pretty normal thing for that group of people. The outrage is a perfect example of showing a huge disconnect between people 

34 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s great. 

6 hours ago, tshile said:

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

I didn’t say it applies to all. 

You made statements at least intended to make it sound like the broad majority of the farming community is that way. 

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

dont know what to tell you all 😂 these people exist whether you want to admit it or not 😂 

Not saying they don't exist. But there is a large gap between that and describing a community that way.

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

it’s common though the ones I’ve been around.

Maybe lead with this next time.

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You made statements at least intended to make it sound like the broad majority of the farming community is that way. 

It is, in my experience 

and has been for a long time 

the hilarity is you’re using your person experience to act like my personal experience doesn’t exist

im glad you know farmers that don’t do that. That would be my preference for them all to behave. 

im sorry you’re unaware it’s not the only way they handle things. 

• Thumb down 1

55 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s great. 

don’t think I said all farmers are that Just that it is a part of those people

s culture. 

This just in fom "the farmers' to the self appointed voice of the "farming culture."

bullshit.thumb.jpg.43e77970ceb53fabaa5475246172d53e.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Thumb down 1

27 minutes ago, tshile said:

the hilarity is you’re using your person experience to act like my personal experience doesn’t exist

Well I'm not sure where you grew up but I grew up pretty rural. Tobacco, cows, corn, and soy.

Also, I've got a pretty good bit of experience dealing with random people from all over the country from all walks of life; about 20 years or so.

But I'm not the one trying to claim that it is common for "that group of people" to shoot their dogs. 

While you're on a roll, you should start a new thread and tell us a few things about others groups of people. You can fill is all in. It'll be great! 

• Haha 1