Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well I'm not sure where you grew up but I grew up pretty rural. Tobacco, cows, corn, and soy.

Also, I've got a pretty good bit of experience dealing with random people from all over the country from all walks of life; about 20 years or so.

Right. Your experience means something 

Mine doesn’t 

it’s fine. It’s ok if you don’t want to admit these people exist. 

There’s lots of things people don’t accept as existing because they don’t personally experience 🤷‍♂️ 

• Thumb down 1

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1481111/pdf/canvetj00073-0022.pdf

nih has a publication on humane euthanasia 

which included shooting 

and specifically includes shooting dogs

im glad none of you have experience with this cause it’s certainly not fun or nice.  But lol at those of you who are so ignorant to not even understand it’s a standard practice. 

nih doesn’t put that out unless it’s standard enough of a practice to see value in providing guidelines

Sorry to burst some bubbles 🤷‍♂️ 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, tshile said:

Right. Your experience means something 

Mine doesn’t 

it’s fine. It’s ok if you don’t want to admit these people exist. 

There’s lots of things people don’t accept as existing because they don’t personally experience 🤷‍♂️ 

I KNOW THOSE PEOPLE EXIST!!

That doesn't mean it is common across the 'farmer community'. 

You took a ****ty stereotype and applied it way too broadly to a group that it's unfounded on. Then you insist on doubling down on it....and again....and again.....and again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Then you insist on doubling down on it....and again....and again.....and again.

I haven’t doubled down. I specifically said that while I (poorly) worded it at the start to sound like I meant everyone, that I certainly didn’t mean that, and that it’s just my personal experience talking to farmers. You even quoted me saying it. 

it’s a pretty common practice. Or used to be. NIH doesn’t publish that unless it is. 

it’s also acceptable as a humane way to do things but I’m sure people here disagree

i, personally, am not a fan of it. Which I’ve also said. 

Some basic googling shows gunshot  is a very common form of euthanasia for farmers and seems to be preferred and is listed as a humane way of dealing with animals in a variety of circumstances 

So no, they clearly don’t always pay for the vet to give a shot.  And yes, it seems to be a perfectly acceptable way of dealing with animals. 

and no, we’re not talking about shooting an animal that’s attacking livestock. If you read the guides and do some googling it’s clearly for dealing with your personal animals and taking care of it up close and personal.  Most of them will suggest the person be one of the caretakers so keep them comfortable. 

and dogs are one of the examples. In every single one of them. 

sorry this is such shocking information. But if you go looking it’s pretty obviously true. 

14 minutes ago, tshile said:

That's from a Canadian Vet Society from over 30 years ago that references other sources going back to the 60s. There are also still books sitting in libraries that are bound with human skin. 

We all get it. Some cultures or groups have different beliefs when it comes to pets, farm animals, or animals in the wild. 

It also doesn't sound like she was particularly "humane". Not saying she tortured those animals like Michael Vick, who is a piece of **** too. 

Still, **** her and like many have said, there are other options like trying to rehome or taking the dog to a shelter. She sucks and I hope every night she has nightmares of being chased by dogs for the rest of her life...... and her fancy teeth that she just got done, fall out of her head tonight. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

I haven’t doubled down. I specifically said that while I (poorly) worded it at the start to sound like I meant everyone, that I certainly didn’t mean that, and that it’s just my personal experience talking to farmers. You even quoted me saying it. 

it’s a pretty common practice. Or used to be. NIH doesn’t publish that unless it is. 

it’s also acceptable as a humane way to do things but I’m sure people here disagree

i, personally, am not a fan of it. Which I’ve also said. 

You say tomato, I say moving goal posts. I like the recent addition of "or used to be". I was just reviewing your NIH stuff (and 😂 at they don't study unimportant stuff) and I highlighted a few things I thought important. 

Screenshot_20240428_184020_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

4 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

That's from a Canadian Vet Society from over 30 years ago that references other sources going back to the 60s. There are also still books sitting in libraries that are bound with human skin. 

Well. 

The purpose of this website is to aid those who may be required to perform these procedures in situations where veterinary assistance is not available”

https://vetmed.iastate.edu/vdpam/about/production-animal-medicine/dairy/dairy-extension/humane-euthanasia/humane-euthanasia/gunshot-or-penetrating-captive-bolt

US university with a website dedicated to it, which is current, saying the same things. 

no this isn’t from 60 years ago in another country. 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well. 

The purpose of this website is to aid those who may be required to perform these procedures in situations where veterinary assistance is not available”

https://vetmed.iastate.edu/vdpam/about/production-animal-medicine/dairy/dairy-extension/humane-euthanasia/humane-euthanasia/gunshot-or-penetrating-captive-bolt

US university with a website dedicated to it, which is current, saying the same things. 

no this isn’t from 60 years ago in another country. 🤷‍♂️ 

And it doesn't mention dogs. This is about dairy cattle. You're terrible at this. Now go fetch us some opinion piece from Alabama where they talk about how it's cool to shoot dogs who they don't like. 

We know you googled "Euthanize a dog with a gun" and came up with that article, but didn't see https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/virginia/man-shoots-and-kills-dog/65-18c39d36-386c-4415-87ed-e33eaac8206c.

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

You say tomato, I say moving goal posts. I like the recent addition of "or used to be". I was just reviewing your NIH stuff (and 😂 at they don't study unimportant stuff) and I highlighted a few things I thought important. 

At this point given how much I’ve found on this that confirms the everything I’ve ever heard from farmers on the subject, I am comfortable assuming you just have no idea what you’re talking about and maybe end made things up 🤷‍♂️ or maybe it’s regional and we just know farmers from different areas. Idk.  It nothing you’re saying aligns with anything I’ve known from farmers nor what I’m finding online 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by tshile
  • Haha 1

GOP Campaign Aide’s X Account Shared and Liked Racist Posts

At first glance, Caleb Oriet’s social media accounts seem typical of a young member of the fringe, online right, featuring likes and reposts of far-right influencers and white nationalists expressing incendiary and bigoted views about racial and religious minorities.

The account belonging to the 21-year-old Montanan and self-proclaimed “Anglo-Saxon Protestant” and “menace to society” liked, for instance, a tweet that refers to Black Americans as “the most criminal, dependent, and socially destructive part of the population,” and attacks GOP efforts to connect with Black voters.

But Oriet isn’t just a denizen of the far-right fringes of social media. He’s also a staffer for one of the Republican Party’s top candidates to flip control of the U.S. Senate this year.

According to Federal Election Commission filings, Oriet is being paid by the campaign of Tim Sheehy, who is running against Sen. Jon Tester (D) in Montana. Since January, he has collected five paychecks, totaling $8,313.

Sheehy—a charismatic former Navy SEAL turned wealthy businessman—is preparing for a bruising face-off against Tester in what’s gearing up to be one of the most competitive Senate elections in the country. As Republicans try to retake the Senate majority, top GOP campaign brass is throwing their weight behind Sheehy as their best shot to defeat an incumbent Democrat.

Oriet’s apparent views clearly undercut that mission. Beyond his social media activity, he espoused hard-right, Christian Nationalist views during public presentations, a media interview, and an effusive comment on a book written by a Nazi-supporting Italian fascist thinker.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

2 hours ago, tshile said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1481111/pdf/canvetj00073-0022.pdf

which included shooting 

and specifically includes shooting dogs

im glad none of you have experience with this cause it’s certainly not fun or nice.  But lol at those of you who are so ignorant to not even understand it’s a standard practice. 

nih doesn’t put that out unless it’s standard enough of a practice to see value in providing guidelines

Sorry to burst some bubbles 🤷‍♂️ 

First, I don't know why you think that's from the NIH.  My guess is that you found it in a database that the NIH runs, but the NIH is just cataloging information in the database.

The people that wrote it are from the Animal Welfare Committee, Canadian Veterinary Medical Association.  Next, it is also from 1991.  If you look at more recent things, gun shots are only really recommended in cases of wild animals, animals that are hurt, or for some reason that transport/time is an issue. 

https://www.avma.org/sites/default/files/2020-02/Guidelines-on-Euthanasia-2020.pdf

(I'm not sure what year she shot her dog.)

I grew up somewhere pretty rural, I've seen and heard of various animals killed various ways, and I've never heard of anybody shooting a healthy dog.  I did know people that shot healthy cows and other animals as a way to put them down for butchering.  But they were being killed for meat.

Edited by PeterMP
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Former president Donald Trump has long had a soft spot for his acolyte Kari Lake, the expected GOP Senate nominee in Arizona, joking that Lake would pivot to his false claims that the 2020 election was stolen even if she was asked about the weather.

But since Lake jumped into the race, Trump has repeatedly expressed skepticism about her political prospects in a state he sees as key to his bid to return to the White House, and has shown annoyance with her frequent presence at his Florida resort, according to five people close to him, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe his comments.

At one point last year, after grumbling for months that she was at his Mar-a-Lago Club too often, Trump gently suggested to Lake that she should leave the club and hit the campaign trail in Arizona, according to a person with direct knowledge of his comments. Trump has also asked others if she can really win in Arizona and if she might drag down his own poll numbers as he seeks the presidency again in 2024, advisers said.

Trump’s top advisers were furious after a Lake ally released a recording of then-Arizona GOP Chairman Jeff DeWit encouraging her to stay out of the Senate race, which embarrassed the party chairman and led him to resign. 

Trump was more surprised than angry when told about the January incident, according to three people familiar with his reaction. “She tapes everything?” he asked, sitting in a New Hampshire hotel suite before taking the stage on the night he won that state’s primary. “That’s good to know.”

• Haha 1

He added: “In most cases where a dog does not perform well on the field, it probably has more to do with the training they've received than with the dog itself.”

It's private and personal if it's a good reason

Josh Mandel, the former Ohio state treasurer and multiple-time U.S. Senate candidate, is facing a threat of jail time due to his years-old and increasingly contentious divorce case. 

In a written decision last week, an Ashland County magistrate ordered Mandel and his ex-wife, Ilana Mandel, each to spend seven days in jail for different violations of previous court orders connected to the divorce case. 

Ashland County Common Pleas Court Magistrate Paul Lange ordered the threatened seven-day jail sentences over several disputes: that the Mandels entered one another’s homes without the other’s permission, and refused to pay bills related to their three children. He also found Ilana Mandel improperly failed to take one of their children to sports practice in November. 

However, the order also says the jail sentence won’t be carried out as long each fulfills certain conditions, such as Josh Mandel providing his ex-wife with regular updates about a 529 college savings investment account for their three children, and Ilana Mandel agreeing to pay for fees associated with one of their children’s enrollment in a sports program, minus fees that Josh Mandel owes her to cover one child’s medical expenses.