Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

Yanno, in these amazing times, I have to sit back and take a moment to be grateful for the people here that maintain this level of discourse. There is something here interestingly different and apart from the majority of what I see elsewhere on the internet. Kudos all!

Vis-a-vis the earlier convo about "understanding et. al., I'm of the opinion that people a hundred years from now will be making a living writing about these times we are living through. I am not all that concerned anymore about the whys of it, a substantial fraction of the populace is rabid. Not hyperbole, not an insult, but for me it is the closest metaphor for their behavior. I don't care if they were bitten by a bat or a raccoon or a Republican, the outcome is the same. IMO they are gone, beyond the pale and there's no coming back. I don't know how we are supposed to just pretend this all never happened and go on. They are reveling in the most utterly loathesome behaviors, laughing and backslapping and trying to top each other every day. They lie without restraint and roll around in their own vile pile of **** and dare anyone to mention the smell. 

So the question to me is, what can be done about it? What possible path moving forward is there if this % of infected, mentally unbalanced, willfully repulsive are not addressed? All the options seem drastic.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Not that drastic, those who are actual conservatives without the fascist stench need to leave the Republican party right after the election and form a new party and start running candidates from local on up and getting a real alternative party in place. It's the only way to expunge the now Trump party eventually from our midst.

I'm not sure that will happen. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

3 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Yanno, in these amazing times, I have to sit back and take a moment to be grateful for the people here that maintain this level of discourse. There is something here interestingly different and apart from the majority of what I see elsewhere on the internet. Kudos all!

Vis-a-vis the earlier convo about "understanding et. al., I'm of the opinion that people a hundred years from now will be making a living writing about these times we are living through. I am not all that concerned anymore about the whys of it, a substantial fraction of the populace is rabid. Not hyperbole, not an insult, but for me it is the closest metaphor for their behavior. I don't care if they were bitten by a bat or a raccoon or a Republican, the outcome is the same. IMO they are gone, beyond the pale and there's no coming back. I don't know how we are supposed to just pretend this all never happened and go on. They are reveling in the most utterly loathesome behaviors, laughing and backslapping and trying to top each other every day. They lie without restraint and roll around in their own vile pile of **** and dare anyone to mention the smell. 

So the question to me is, what can be done about it? What possible path moving forward is there if this % of infected, mentally unbalanced, willfully repulsive are not addressed? All the options seem drastic.

Based on my expertise in cognitive/behavioral science....

370640755_conan3.png.2f348b105c5f1a6e1329e9a3a7fe660d.png

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

On 3/26/2024 at 3:53 PM, Cooked Crack said:

Trump mocks McDaniel after ouster from NBC

Former President Trump made fun of Ronna McDaniel after NBC News ended its contract with the former Republican National Committee chair following an internal uproar across the company, just days after it announced she was joining the outlet as a contributor.

“Wow! Ronna McDaniel got fired by Fake News NBC. She only lasted two days, and this after McDaniel went out of her way to say what they wanted to hear,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social website ] Tuesday. “It leaves her in a very strange place, it’s called NEVER NEVERLAND, and it’s not a place you want to be.”

“These Radical Left Lunatics are CRAZY, and the top people at NBC ARE WEAK,” Trump wrote in his Truth Social post Tuesday. “They were BROKEN and EMBARRASSED by LOW RATINGS, HIGHLY OVERPAID, ‘TALENT.’ BRING BACK FREE AND FAIR PRESS.”

Click on the link for the full article

Trump doesn't want a free and fair press, then Fox and Newsmax and the like couldn't suck up to him.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

Somewhere in a room people are pondering how to raise money

and someone suggest selling a bible 

and someone else suggest having an insert in the Bible’s that is the constitution

and yet another points out you can’t leave out the pledge of allegiance 

And at some point they decide this is a good idea. Maybe they thought it was a good idea from the start, but it feels more like a dragged out joke turned into an idea 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

53 minutes ago, tshile said:

Somewhere in a room people are pondering how to raise money

and someone suggest selling a bible 

and someone else suggest having an insert in the Bible’s that is the constitution

and yet another points out you can’t leave out the pledge of allegiance 

And at some point they decide this is a good idea. Maybe they thought it was a good idea from the start, but it feels more like a dragged out joke turned into an idea 

And yet another person suggested inserting a centerfold of Melania...

• Haha 3

^ wondering if they edited out the lil snippet about adulterers getting whacked.

or is that one of the “selective suggestion” parts?

Re: Ms Guilfoyle pic - I’m not “has neck mole would not bang” internet guy but damn, that’s rough look. **Feel free to insert double bagger snide comment here ><

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Like 1

LOL, one of the few bright spots of the Jan 6 was the video clip that surfaced of all the nutjobs at DCA waiting for their flights, spotting Lindsey Graham and then harassing him. I guess we've lost that now.

• Haha 1

Georgia GOP official who cried "stolen election" voted illegally 9 times, and is a felony check forgery convict

Nothing says MAGA like a Georgia Republican official who loudly trumpeted the Big Lie that the 2020 election was "stolen" from Donald Trump and was then caught illegally casting ballots not once, not twice, but nine times between 2008 and 2010. As The Washington Post's Amy Wang reports, Brian Pritchard, the first vice chairman of the Georgia GOP, was sentenced this week to a Georgia-style hand-slap: a $5,000 fine and public reprimand for his serial voter fraud. That'll learn him!

"I do not believe 81 million people voted for this guy," Pritchard bloviated about Biden's decisive 2020 victory on his far-right talk show last year, blaming the "corrupt media" and Georgia election officials for being "complicit" in the imaginary heist. But according to court documents, it was Pritchard himself who was corrupting Georgia's elections, wantonly signing voter registration forms affirming he was eligible to vote despite being on felony probation stemming from check forgery charges in Pennsylvania — a fact that legally barred him from voting in the Peach State until at least 2011.

According to the Post, "Pritchard signed voter registration forms in 2008 in which he affirmed that he was "not serving a sentence for having been convicted of a felony involving moral turpitude." He then cast ballots in four Georgia primary and general elections in 2008, as well as five special, primary and general elections in 2010."

Pritchard's excuse? "Do you think the first time I voted, I said, 'Oh, I got away with it. Let's do it eight more times?'" he testified. The answer is yes, you did think that, Convict Pritchard. The hypocrisy of election deniers like Pritchard would be comical if it wasn't so corrosive to our democracy.

Click on the link for the full article

• Haha 2