Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sewer That Is The GOP: With All The White Supremacists, Conspiracy Nutters, And Other Malicious Whacko Subgroups, How Does It Get Fixed?

Jumbo

1 hour ago, Larry said:

And I'm pretty sure pay is growing. That's one reason we're having inflation. 

Took some work, but I think I've found the data.  

BLS Data, AGGREGATE WEEKLY PAYROLLS OF ALL EMPLOYEES, THOUSANDS

If I'm reading that correctly, then we're looking at total, national, payrolls.  

Looks like, since Biden took office, the number has gone from

to

Which works out to a growth rate of 10.5% per year.  

For comparison:  

Trump:  2.2%

Trump, first three years:  4.8%

Three years prior to Trump:  4.5%

• Like 2

Was reading a book about the Cold War and this quote from President Truman’s speech, basically inaugurating the Truman Doctrine, blew my mind:

At the present moment in world history nearly every nation must choose between alternative ways of life. The choice is too often not a free one.

One way of life is based upon the will of the majority, and is distinguished by free institutions, representative government, free elections, guarantees of individual liberty, freedom of speech and religion, and freedom from political oppression.

The second way of life is based upon the will of a minority forcibly imposed upon the majority. It relies upon terror and oppression, a controlled press and radio; fixed elections, and the suppression of personal freedoms.

75 years later and the GOP looks exactly like what we were taught the enemy was. Tell your friends!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Nebraska Republicans oust party leader during turbulent state convention

Nebraska GOP Chairman Dan Welch opened the state's GOP convention Saturday by saying he hoped the event would "clear the air" in what he admitted was a divided Republican Party.

He ended the day fired.

Nebraska GOP delegates voted to oust Welch after eight years as the party chairman during a tumultuous convention that also saw one party activist be arrested outside the venue, win reinstatement as a delegate while he was still in jail, and then return to the meeting. 

Welch later was replaced by Lancaster County GOP Chairman Eric Underwood through a majority vote of delegates. Underwood had introduced the motions that led to Welch's firing. 

Before Welch's termination, delegates passed a resolution to amend the state party's constitution to allow delegates to immediately remove an officer with or without cause by a majority vote. Welch supporters called his termination a "coup d'etat" and criticized other delegates for trying to push through motions without debate. 

"Go start your own party," one attendee yelled. 

The tension was high from the start of the convention after the state party's credentials committee last week revoked credentials for six delegates. One of those delegates, Matt Innis from Crete, was arrested in the morning for third-degree assault and second-degree trespassing, according to Buffalo County Jail records. 

But following his arrest, a majority of the GOP delegates voted to reinstate him, along with four others who been blocked from attending the meeting. 

Their credentials had been revoked because they had spoken out against Republican leadership or nominees, including Ricketts and Pillen.

Click on the link for the full article

14 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

🤣 I want that smelly shirt!

There are a couple of black guys behind him. When the camera pans out, I fail to see any minorities there. But, remember, he’s done more for black people than any other president. I mean, he’s hired at least 4.

All of these GOP hacks keep complaining about not being able to say anything because they are not allowed. Well, why the hell am I hearing it? Obviously you’re allowed, you’re just a ****ing dumbass. By telling the world the thing you are not allowed to say while simultaneously telling the world you cannot say it is just pure idiocy. 

image.jpeg.463abfea04b2cf91eb7d2fa12231fe86.jpeg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

All of these GOP hacks keep complaining about not being able to say anything because they are not allowed. Well, why the hell am I hearing it? Obviously you’re allowed, you’re just a ****ing dumbass. By telling the world the thing you are not allowed to say while simultaneously telling the world you cannot say it is just pure idiocy. 

They're trying to inspire voting from a bunch of people who "aren't racist". But who have built up decades of resentment about not being able to say "the N word" in public. 

(And if you just keep voting Republican, we'll make it so you can, again.)

• Like 5

At some point this trend of republican voting for obvious morons becomes an assault on democracy itself.  There’s no way anyone can have any faith in their government if one party keeps electing whatever fool is willing to say the most outlandish things to a room full of hooting idiots.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 5

When Herschel Walker's senate run ends in failure, I'd like to subscribe to his YouTube channel where he explains things to the MAGA crowd.

"If the electoral college is legit, then how come they don't play in the NCAA? Since they're not part of the NCAA they don't have to follow any rules so its not really fair they get to decide our president. They don't even have to play a weak Big Ten schedule, so we know they wouldn't survive in the SEC.  But they get to pick our president."

• Haha 9
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Destino said:

At some point this trend of republican voting for obvious morons becomes an assault on democracy itself.  There’s no way anyone can have any faith in their government if one party keeps electing whatever fool is willing to say the most outlandish things to a room full of hooting idiots.  

Reading some of the MAGAs trying to defend his idiocy in that Twitter thread is hilarious/sad.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mistertim said:

Reading some of the MAGAs trying to defend his idiocy in that Twitter thread is hilarious/sad.

Yep. I've read "while not said artfully, he's 100% right" many times already. He just had diarrhea on stage and they basically saying he made a good point. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants

Ron Johnson's $280k cash gifts to chief of staff and wife draw U.S. Senate ethics complaint

U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson and his wife paid his former chief of staff and his wife $280,000 in cash gifts while they worked together, an arrangement Democrats say is a breach of Senate rules, according to an ethics complaint filed Monday.

Noting the cash gifts in the complaint had been publicly available for years, Johnson spokesperson Alexa Henning called the complaint frivolous and said the Oshkosh Republican hasn’t done anything wrong by gifting money to his former chief of staff and longtime friend, Anthony Blando.

Henning declined to specify why Johnson made the payments, but noted Johnson first contacted Blando in 2003 after Blando was diagnosed with cancer, and Johnson offered to pay for his continued treatment.

The Senate has ethics rules meant to limit how much congressional aides can be compensated and also how much and from whom they can receive gifts. The Johnsons’ cash gifts to Blando appear to follow one guideline allowing aides to receive gifts from senators, but appear to clash with another guideline saying cash gifts aren’t acceptable. They also raise questions about whether they are an attempt to circumvent the compensation limits.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is the funniest **** trump has ever said and the most appropriate use of the “worst guy” meme ever 

Wait….so are conservatives…..who were chastising libs for turning on their hero Musk…..now turning on their hero Musk??? 

What and unforeseen twist! No one could have seen this one coming!

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, JCB said:

Josh Hawley is the most condescending pos. He’s rivaling Cruz, needs to have the b**** slapped out of him.

That was a good start.  She kept ahead of his adlibbing and he couldn't take it.  She is absolutely right.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Bolton is an absolute garbage idiot human being who will say anything to try and make himself look important.  Dude couldn’t “plan a coup” against the Prince William County PTA. 

Here’s my favorite clip from his Wikipedia page…kinda says it all.

Bolton was a supporter of the Vietnam War,[33]but avoided combat through a student deferment followed by enlistment in the Maryland Air National Guard

MUCH BRAVE!

SO INTERNATIONAL EXPERTISE!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1