Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

I'm so glad they went away from the "this time it counts" crap. It was so much more fun last night. The Max-Judge AB was great, esp Judge's reaction to his slider. The on-field interviews and mic'd players were fun and interesting. I enjoyed it so much more.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Went to the game last night.  Great game.  I love 2-1 baseball games.  

Also cool that my kid caught a ball in BP.  It has the 2017 HR derby logo on it.  Good times.  Beers were 14 dollars BTW.

That's awesome! It's always great when a kid gets a ball! My wife and I are planning on going next year at Nats Park

• 2 weeks later...

Boston Red Sox have always had clubhouse problems. First the whole beer and fried chicken in the clubhouse, now this :laugh: How about you conduct yourself with some DIGNITY and CLASS? 

Smh

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/20146201/report-provides-details-david-price-dennis-eckersley-altercation-boston-red-sox-pitcher-mocked-cursed-nesn-broadcaster

Price, according to the report, stood in front of Eckersley as the former pitcher boarded the plane and shouted, "Here he is -- the greatest pitcher who ever lived! This game is easy for him!"

Eckersley attempted to respond to Price, but the five-time All-Star shouted, "Get the [expletive] out of here," drawing applause from a group of players who were surrounding him at the time, according to the report.

Price again told Eckersley to "get the [expletive] out of here" later during the flight, when Eckersley got up to walk toward the front of the plane and passed through a section where many of the players were seated.

The Chicago Cubs has presented Steve Bartman with an official 2016 Chicago Cubs World Series ring. 

As you might remember, Bartman is the fan that reached over the fence and prevented Alou from catching a foul ball in a playoff game years ago. 

Nice gesture by the Cubs.

Getting caught up with the baseball news. Astros and Dodgers seem to be on the fast track to their respective pennants (shocker, I know) but I was surprised to see the Astros outside of the top ten as far as team ERA is concerned. They're 2nd in the AL in opponent batting average, though and they're leading all the major hitting categories. 

For those of you who follow the American League more closely: can you foresee anyone giving the Astros trouble? 

Archived