Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

9 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Is that supposed to be an attempt at an insult? Pretty weak if so.

Attempt? No. No attempt at all. You already insulted yourself, ruining your smartguy act, when you compared leaning into a pitch (you know, lying, faking, etc and ruining a historic moment)  an unwritten rule. In any sport, any walk of life, that is bs and unacceptable

Please stop embarrassing yourself. This isn't a difficult concept

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

LOL, that is an even weaker attempt at insults. Enjoy your day. LOL

Oh, that was witty and creative. Good job...almost a good a job as the O's developing pitchers.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Please stop embarrassing yourself.

That's asking a lot. Maybe he should just limit his self-embarrassment? You know, baby steps?

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Attempt? No. No attempt at all. You already insulted yourself, ruining your smartguy act, when you compared leaning into a pitch (you know, lying, faking, etc and ruining a historic moment)  an unwritten rule. In any sport, any walk of life, that is bs and unacceptable

Please stop embarrassing yourself. This isn't a difficult concept

That might be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. With all the **** happening in this country these days, you want to apply a guy leaning into a pitch in baseball to life. That is seriously misguided in so many ways. It's a game. That's all baseball is. Sorry if you guys get so hurt by something that didn't even happen to you. 

4 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Oh, that was witty and creative. Good job...almost a good a job as the O's developing pitchers.

That's asking a lot. Maybe he should just limit his self-embarrassment? You know, baby steps?

You know what's funny about this, the Nats have two homegrown starting pitchers in their rotation and they had to trade for a bunch of bullpen help. When you insult the O's, at least make sure the same comment can't be said about the Nats. 

2 minutes ago, Hersh said:

That might be the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. With all the **** happening in this country these days, you want to apply a guy leaning into a pitch in baseball to life. That is seriously misguided in so many ways. It's a game. That's all baseball is. Sorry if you guys get so hurt by something that didn't even happen to you. 

You really want to go there?

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Clearly, you don't read your own posts.

WEAK!!!! :rofl89:

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

You really want to go there?

You went there first dude. You wanted to apply leaning into a pitch with all of life. 

As much as I enjoy these back and forths, I'm sure we all have stuff to do today. Seriously and sincerely, enjoy your days @Riggo#44 and @Mr.Sinister. 

4 minutes ago, Hersh said:

You know what's funny about this, the Nats have two homegrown starting pitchers in their rotation and they had to trade for a bunch of bullpen help. When you insult the O's, at least make sure the same comment can't be said about the Nats. 

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! The Nationals have one of the top rotations in the Majors. The O's have a train wreck.

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not sure what's more lame...some of the insults flying around here or grown adults getting butthurt over the fact that one of their favorite baseball players missed out on a perfect game because someone leaned into a pitch.

I'd probably say any comparison made between the Nationals and Orioles pitching staffs is probably the most ridiculous thing posted on here.

10 minutes ago, Hersh said:

WEAK!!!! :rofl89:

You went there first dude. You wanted to apply leaning into a pitch with all of life. 

As much as I enjoy these back and forths, I'm sure we all have stuff to do today. Seriously and sincerely, enjoy your days @Riggo#44 and @Mr.Sinister. 

When all you can do when you start **** is post nothing more creative than "That's lame!!!!!", "WEAK!!!" Post the rolling smiley face, and then run away with your tail tucked between your legs.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

When all you can do when you start **** is post nothing more creative than "That's lame!!!!!", "WEAK!!!" Post the rolling smiley face, and then run away with your tail tucked between your legs.

LOL, I've got my son at home with me now and I have a business to run. I do enjoy back and forths but I don't have time to be on here nonstop. If you do and that's what you want to do, it's your life. 

BTW, the Nats have sucked at developing their bullpen and their two best starters this year were developed by other teams. Strasburg is great when healty, Roark is inconsistent. If you want to claim Ross even though he wasn't drafted by the Nats, well, he hasn't been good either. Without question, the Nats rotation is way better than the Orioles. That wasn't the point you were trying to make though. I'm sure you will respond in some way. I promise I'll check in later. 

Just now, Hersh said:

LOL, I've got my son at home with me now and I have a business to run. I do enjoy back and forths but I don't have time to be on here nonstop. If you do and that's what you want to do, it's your life. 

BTW, the Nats have sucked at developing their bullpen and their two best starters this year were developed by other teams. Strasburg is great when healty, Roark is inconsistent. If you want to claim Ross even though he wasn't drafted by the Nats, well, he hasn't been good either. Without question, the Nats rotation is way better than the Orioles. That wasn't the point you were trying to make though. I'm sure you will respond in some way. I promise I'll check in later. 

Every single pitcher you named is still better than anything the Orioles have.

1 hour ago, Hersh said:

Mmmkay, let's go there!

Just in the past 3 months alone, I've had to bury my relatively young aunt, who left behind her daughter, who's death was solely due to her caring about **** too goddamn much. I had to constantly listen to my cousin asking me where her mommy is, for several days on end. I had to deal with helping to go through her estate and pack up all her things. I had to deal with meeting two faced people at her funeral, offering me their "sympathies," when it was some of them that were responsible for the grief that put her there in the first ****ing place. You know what that's like? 

And if that wasn't enough, I got in a car accident 3 weeks later, ****ing up my ribs and back, dealing with unbearable pain, taking crappy meds, then having to get twisted into a pretzel by physical therapists. And only now am I finally near 100% recovery.

This is after waking up on 11/11, having my entire ****ing world turned upside down (I'm Puerto Rican-Italian, aka Brown) when we elected a maniac as president, and every MOTHER****ING day since, it's been a daily struggle to keep my mind off the deep, emotional and physical searing pain and nausea everytime I hear that mother****er speak, or everytime I hear someone defend him, or everytime I hear of a new law being passed or attempted at passing, that targets people who look like ME, and I'm guessing, probably not you, though you appear to have the balls to lecture ME about how the world is.

I am a bipolar son of 2x divorced parents, witness and victim of years of mental and physical abuse. EVERY ****ING DAY in this world is a challenge for me, a challenge that I gladly accept, because I know there is no alternative for me. Do you know what that's like? Yes? No? It doesn't matter either way.

Since you seem so ****ing smart, you should know that sports in many ways is reflective of life. It is inescapable. The struggles, the successes, the everlasting bonds. I said what I said, and I ****ing meant every word of it. EVERY word. Imagine someones happiest moment (or one of them) being ruined by some asshole. I said in no sport, and in any walk of life, is that acceptable..... IE ****ING NOWHERE.  It isn't hard to understand. It never was. Quite frankly, I think you (yes, YOU) might be the dumbest mother****er in this galaxy if that does not compute... Either that, or you were just toying with all of us, just trying to be a smartass (which the very thought of someone doing that agitates the living hell out of me, along with blatant misrepresentation of my words, and a lecture on something that they clearly think they only know about). I'll be honest, I don't say this very often, but if this exact conversation were to have happened in real life, we'd be having some serious words, at minimum. It's not often that I come across such minimal logic resistant assholish-ness.

I typed a completely different response to you initially, and deleted it. I like posting here, It's one of my brief, momentary ways to escape from the world you want to tell me about. And no, you started this, when Riggo made a perfectly valid post, and you just jumped in with your smartass bull****, that served to do nothing but antagonize him. 

Maybe you should think on things a little harder next time before you try that again

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm not sure what's more lame...some of the insults flying around here or grown adults getting butthurt over the fact that one of their favorite baseball players missed out on a perfect game because someone leaned into a pitch.

Probably grown adults getting butthurt over protests against the NFL

Was in Baltimore over the weekend with the ladyfriend (visiting some of her friends) and holy hell, what's gotten into the O's?! Clean sweep of the first place Sox by a 25-4 aggregate score. They're two games out of the WC. Yankees are 6-4 in their last 10. Might they stagger their way into the playoffs after all?

12 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Was in Baltimore over the weekend with the ladyfriend (visiting some of her friends) and holy hell, what's gotten into the O's?! Clean sweep of the first place Sox by a 25-4 aggregate score. They're two games out of the WC. Yankees are 6-4 in their last 10. Might they stagger their way into the playoffs after all?

Miley used smoke and mirrors yesterday.  Sox **** all over themselves in the first game, I think they made like 5 errors.  While it was a trouncing for sure, the O's aren't that good and the Sox aren't that bad.  

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Miley used smoke and mirrors yesterday.  Sox **** all over themselves in the first game, I think they made like 5 errors.  While it was a trouncing for sure, the O's aren't that good and the Sox aren't that bad.  

Yeah, the O's have not had a stellar season but I was a bit shocked to see they were only 2 games out of the Wild Card despite it. The AL Wild Card race is living up to its name this year. 

5 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Yeah, the O's have not had a stellar season but I was a bit shocked to see they were only 2 games out of the Wild Card despite it. The AL Wild Card race is living up to its name this year. 

Sure is.  I dunno though, even though I'm a big O's fan and would love to see them play into October the Wild Card isn't as...interesting? fun? to me if the teams that are engaged in the race are struggling to stay at .500. I recognize that it's good for baseball to have that amount of teams in the race to keep it interesting but...eh, .500 teams.

8 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Sure is.  I dunno though, even though I'm a big O's fan and would love to see them play into October the Wild Card isn't as...interesting? fun? to me if the teams that are engaged in the race are struggling to stay at .500. I recognize that it's good for baseball to have that amount of teams in the race to keep it interesting but...eh, .500 teams.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the current, WC format, either. Now I say that as the fan of a team that has been in the division hunt consistently over the past few years but it is a bit ho-hum. 

Maybe a hybrid of the old, pre-1969 system with a playoff could work. Have all the teams in a single league again but have all the first-division teams in a playoff, seeded according to their winning percentage. 

2 minutes ago, thebluefood said:

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the current, WC format, either. Now I say that as the fan of a team that has been in the division hunt consistently over the past few years but it is a bit ho-hum. 

Maybe a hybrid of the old, pre-1969 system with a playoff could work. Have all the teams in a single league again but have all the first-division teams in a playoff, seeded according to their winning percentage. 

I agree, a shakeup or a change would be nice.  I don't care for the one game "play in" game...either you're in or you're out.  I understand what they're trying to do, which is to keep it interesting for teams and fans...but one thing that's always kind of irked me about the NHL and NBA is that...half the league makes the playoffs, which, to me, takes some of the joy out of it.  I heard rumblings last year that MLB would want to expand it even more which I just can't get behind. 

14 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Stanton has 50 hrs in 476 at bats.

The year Bonds hit 73 ( and yes, I know)..he did it in 476 at bats. Asterisk or not, that's unreal to do juiced or clean.

Bonds barely got any pitches to hit.  He was walked at such a high rate.  He just didn't miss when anyone got one over the dish.

While the juice certainly did help him as far as strength went, he did have to square up on those pitches and as far as I know that's not something PEDs help with.  He was ridiculous.  

Archived