Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

46 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

Damn, what happened to the Nats?  I went to bed and it was 4-1 Washington.  Was kind of hoping they'd go on to the next round.

Well, I'm rooting for the Dodgers and OF COURSE, the Astros.

Cubs got two runs in the 3rd and 4 in the 5th to go up 7-4.  Eventually got to 9-8 after the 8th, scoreless in the 9th.  Nats caught some bad calls too.  My team **** the bed, so I've been rooting for the Cubs.  Pulling for the Astros in the AL, I despise the Yankees.

18 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

September is fools gold:

Baseball is fool's gold.  The ugly truth that no one really wants to think about is that there are no curses or meaningful competitive outcomes.  It's just an intensely random game with tiny margins of victory and defeat in which small, uncontrollable/unlikely events determine wins and losses.  The whole season is made meaningless by the brutal randomness of the game which shows up in a short series playoff format.  That's why a WS run is so special.  It's like winning a March Madness tournament, except you need even more luck to pull it off.

If they expanded the playoff field to 16 teams, 8 seeds would win the WS as often as 1 seeds.

I think the only way you truly eliminate the randomness is by playing something like an absurdly long best of 11 or 13 series.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:09 AM, pjfootballer said:

Eliminate the WC play-in game.  Have one WC team.  1 plays 4.  2 plays 3.

DS- Best of 7

CS- Best of 7

WS- Best of 7

WC play in game is amazing.  However i would add that #1 seed gets a bigger advantage over the WC winner, like the first 3 games of the series are at home.  So they play 5 at home and only 2 on the road.  

Sit the **** down Maddon. That was obvious. 

Darling saying its a bad rule. Stfu. Tell that to catcher who retired early due to injuries from home plate collisions. Allow catchers to stick limbs in front of the plate base runners are gonna aim for that limb and try to blow right through it. Then were back to square one. 

Its a good rule. Every catcher has adapted to it. Conteras ****ed up. 

Archived