Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

Dodgers have been a machine all year long, with only a slight hiccup during the season that most teams go through.   They will probably sweep the Cubs.  Even if the Nationals had beaten the Cubs, I still think the Dodgers take it, but it would have been a 6 or 7 game series.

All this talk about the Cubs bullpen, but honestly for the players they have, their starting pitching has been very average all year long and now their bats are silent.

Astros need to steal one today.

The dodgers went thru more than a slight hiccup. I don’t think any team in history had lost 15/16 games and finishes above .500 and they still won like 100 games. It was crazy. 

They are a monster tho and would be favored over Houston or NY 

16 hours ago, DM72 said:

All I know is that they're looking more and more like those late 90's, early 2000's Yankees. They get a little momentum and that's it.

I hate baseball.

I’m blown away at how wel things have come together for them. This season is entirely gravy, they were still a couple years away so getting this type of run and experience for them is massive. 

Sprinkle in Machado or Harper and we can be the evil empire again. ?

17 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m blown away at how well things have come together for them. This season is entirely gravy, they were still a couple years away so getting this type of run and experience for them is massive. 

You should start a Yankees thread. ?

22 hours ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

The dodgers went thru more than a slight hiccup. I don’t think any team in history had lost 15/16 games and finishes above .500 and they still won like 100 games. It was crazy. 

They are a monster tho and would be favored over Houston or NY 

I’m blown away at how wel things have come together for them. This season is entirely gravy, they were still a couple years away so getting this type of run and experience for them is massive. 

Baseball gods would never allow all of that on one field. Someone would have pay, and pay dearly

6 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

You should start a Yankees thread. ?

Oh I have plans...just wait... 

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Having a hard time thinking of a team that looked so flat in a MLB playoff series and then went and did a complete 180.  Sure there are teams that have come back from a deficit but the Yankees just went from looking flat to pummeling the Astros.  

The Yankees pitching has been pretty great all postseason save for a couple blips. The bats are there and go off eventually it’s just a matter of if their pitching could keep it close until then. 

Still, the entire team is playing above themselves right now though so I hope they don’t come back to reality for about another week and half 

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Having a hard time thinking of a team that looked so flat in a MLB playoff series and then went and did a complete 180.  Sure there are teams that have come back from a deficit but the Yankees just went from looking flat to pummeling the Astros.  

I just read something I totally agree with. These last few games at Yankee Stadium, the Astros hitters have looked very Oriole-esque. Impatient at-bats and continually coming up small in big moments.

Archived