Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 MLB Thread

Riggo#44

I haven't watched homerun derby since Harper was in it, HOLY ****, this is AWESOME!

Laughing because my dad was telling me about the Judge's Chambers at Yankee Stadium, and they in Miami, too.  Hitting that thing off the roof was ridiculous, and he did it twice.

14 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's so much better without Chris Berman's calls. Judge is a goddmaned animal--pains me to think the Yankees got him with the pick the Nationals surrendered for Rafael Soriano

No way, you didn't miss the BACK BACK BACK BACK?

/sarcasm

They should try to add more activities. Make it like the NBA All Star weekend. A skills contest could be cool, or something like a speed challenge. A pitcher velocity contest would be fun too but obviously wouldn't happen because of the fear of Ps getting hurt throwing their hardest.

Curious to see what Judge will be like when he comes back down to earth.  If he comes back down to earth. 

I was thinking last night that the balls being juiced this year might have something to do with his homers but he hits them so far that I think it might not matter.  I think the ball being juiced might take a guy from 18 homers to 22-25…but Judge hits them so hard and far, it just might not matter.  It'll take guys from the warning track to the third row, maybe.  For Judge, it'll take him deeper into the bleachers.

His swing is perfect, his mechanics are great.  This guy might be the real deal for years to come. 

I hate that he’s on the Yankees, too.  But if you look at baseball history it’s good for baseball to have the best players on that team.  The game flourished in the 20’s and 30’s with Ruth and Gehrig, flourished again in the 50s and 60s with Mantle.  Late 90s, Jeter wasn’t the best in the game but one of the faces of baseball.

Baseball, unfortunately, is usually at it’s best when the Yankees are really good.  It gives something for people to hate, it also gives something people to cheer for.  Everyone has an opinion on the Yankees from the casual fan to the diehards.

The other thing that sucks about Judge being on that team is that he’s so damn likable.  Makes it hard to be an O’s fan when you want to like a guy like that.

Hate to ask but...any chance Judge is roiding? Any whispers out there about it?  I prefer real baseball so i don't follow the AL, like at all, so I don't know and I'm genuinely asking. The only thing I know about him is that he's big as ****. For obvious reasons I'm always going to start off skeptical of any big time power guy blowing up. Hopefully that's understandable. 

9 minutes ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Hate to ask but...any chance Judge is roiding? Any whispers out there about it?  I prefer real baseball so i don't follow the AL, like at all, so I don't know and I'm genuinely asking. The only thing I know about him is that he's big as ****. For obvious reasons I'm always going to start off skeptical of any big time power guy blowing up. Hopefully that's understandable. 

It's hilarious that you prefer real baseball and don't follow the AL.  I think the NL is the only league in the world that doesn't use the DH.  You might as well root for the NBA to take away the 3 point line.

There's always a chance but he's just big as **** naturally, looks like.  

In other news, I had no idea MLB expansion was a topic. Appears that Charlotte, New Mexico and Montreal are the cities most likely to get a team. But the stadium issues in Tampa and Oakland are the top priorities.

Would have loved for WNY to get a MLB team.

4 minutes ago, DM72 said:

In other news, I had no idea MLB expansion was a topic. Appears that Charlotte, New Mexico and Montreal are the cities most likely to get a team. But the stadium issues in Tampa and Oakland are the top priorities.

Would have loved for WNY to get an MLB team.

I can see Charlotte with a team since Braves dominate much of the southeast between DC and Florida.  Didn't Montreal just lose their team to DC, though?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I can see Charlotte with a team since Braves dominate much of the southeast between DC and Florida.  Didn't Montreal just lose their team to DC, though?

Yep. I have no idea why Montreal would get another team.

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It'll be interesting to see if the Braves pitch a fit in this scenario the way Angelos did.

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It'll be interesting to see if the Braves pitch a fit in this scenario the way Angelos did.

Are you serious? Charlotte is no where near Atlanta compared to Baltimore and D.C.

Archived