Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What percentage of white people are racist?

BornaSkinsFan83

5 minutes ago, jschuck12001 said:

LOL. oh no, what did I do?

I don't know, but kudos to you.

The funny thing is we are all so much more than our own ES personas. It's great going to tailgates and ES outings and meeting my fellow fanatics face to face. Almost all cool, good people. Reminds me, I should head out to a game this season. Didn't get to Fed Ex last year.

8 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

White privilege is more than just one's wealth.  It's more to do with the treatment of whites vs. minorities when both are placed in the same/similar situations.  Those situations also extend over a broad range of things like:  Job interviews, getting pulled over by the police, treatment by LEO, disciplinary action taken at school/work, promotions at work, being suspected of stealing just walking into a store, applying for loans, etc. etc. etc.

One of the biggest misconceptions is that it is only about economic wealth and standing, that they grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth, never had to work for anything, everything was given to them, parents are rich, etc.  

Uh huh. White privelage is all about white peoples success (not just money) and the perceived lack of success by minorities, but really it's just black people. I've never hear asians or Jews complain about white privelage. Always a black dude. And even that's rare, except for online or during a black lives matter march.

do you honestly think if most of the people in the top 1% of income were old black dudes instead of old white dudes we'd be talking about white privilege.?

i understand cause and affect, and I'm OK with saying that in the past minorities haven't had the same opportunities white people have had, but I think now with all the programs available to minorities blaming your lack of success on the system is pathetic. 

31 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Uh huh. White privelage is all about white peoples success (not just money) and the perceived lack of success by minorities, but really it's just black people. I've never hear asians or Jews complain about white privelage. Always a black dude. And even that's rare, except for online or during a black lives matter march.

do you honestly think if most of the people in the top 1% of income were old black dudes instead of old white dudes?

i understand cause and affect, and I'm OK with saying that in the past minorities haven't had the same opportunities white people have had, but I think now with all the programs available to minorities blaming your lack of success on the system is pathetic. 

Your focusing on one thing and not looking at the big picture.  You're completely missing the point......

I'm going to ask you a question.  Please answer and provide examples.  What programs are available for minorities that prevent them from being stereotyped and treated differently than white people that are in the same situation as them?

Example situations (that relate to my question and are part of white privilege):

1.  A black teenager and a white teenager walk into a store.  They are not together, just happen to be shopping at the same place.  Store employees follow and watch the black teen because they think he is going to steal something.  The white teen just passes on through, nobody bats an eyelash.  

2.  A cop sees a bunch of white kids hanging out, not breaking any laws, just chilling, talking, etc., continues to drive on by.  As they continue to patrol they come across the same situation, but the kids are black and they approach the kids telling them they need to leave and stop loitering, etc.  

34 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Your baseless opinions can't change facts. 

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8661977/race-police-officer <----- A Police Officer gets honest about race and policing in this country. 

http://www.efc.gwu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/disparaties.pdf <----- A study on the vast differences between suburban and urban community education. 

https://csgjusticecenter.org/reentry/posts/researchers-examine-effects-of-a-criminal-record-on-prospects-for-employment/ <----- this study proved a white convict is still more likely to be hired than a black applicant with no prior criminal record. 

Choosing to pretend like these things aren't happening today is simply childish. 

26 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8661977/race-police-officer <----- A Police Officer gets honest about race and policing in this country. 

http://www.efc.gwu.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/disparaties.pdf <----- A study on the vast differences between suburban and urban community education. 

https://csgjusticecenter.org/reentry/posts/researchers-examine-effects-of-a-criminal-record-on-prospects-for-employment/ <----- this study proved a white convict is still more likely to be hired than a black applicant with no prior criminal record. 

Choosing to pretend like these things aren't happening today is simply childish. 

These are the kinds of actual studies and statistics that need to be discussed and emphasized when talking about this subject. It's something that's concrete and much more helpful than just emotion going back and forth. 

5 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Your focusing on one thing and not looking at the big picture.  You're completely missing the point......

I'm going to ask you a question.  Please answer and provide examples.  What programs are available for minorities that prevent them from being stereotyped and treated differently than white people that are in the same situation as them?

Example situations (that relate to my question and are part of white privilege):

1.  A black teenager and a white teenager walk into a store.  They are not together, just happen to be shopping at the same place.  Store employees follow and watch the black teen because they think he is going to steal something.  The white teen just passes on through, nobody bats an eyelash.  

2.  A cop sees a bunch of white kids hanging out, not breaking any laws, just chilling, talking, etc., continues to drive on by.  As they continue to patrol they come across the same situation, but the kids are black and they approach the kids telling them they need to leave and stop loitering, etc.  

NAACP and ACLU. 

99% of the time, the cop is right and the dude has drugs on him. So what if they get stopped. If they dont have drugs on them, there is nothing the cop can do. However, most of the time.. shockingly there are drugs on them.  Its their own fault. You can blame society for stereotyping you. But, if you're dirty, your'e dirty. And that's on you.  Neither "example" has an effect on your ability to be successful in life, unless your doing something you shouldn't be doing, in which case maybe it makes it easier to get caught.  Its society's fault you got caught. Ok. Meh. Lame excuse.

Anyway, Im fine with saying white privilege exists. What i think is pathetic is to continue to use that as a crutch. Make your own decisions, do you own thing, and don't point the finger for your own mistakes.   I don't do this. No one should. And like i said, most don't. But some do, and they are loudest. If you wondering why race relations are worse now than they were when Obama took office, its that they aren't worse. They are just louder.

No matter what you do, no matter how understanding we become, white privilege will always be a thing. We are in the majority. We think a like. Other races think differently. Please don't confuse that with "are worse". Studies have shown that humans self segregate. Its in our nature. As long as whites are the majority, there will be white privilege. So, using that as an excuse for whatever it is you are going through seems like a pointless endevour to me.

4 hours ago, Gamebreaker said:

I really agree with the second one. Urban schools are ****. Which is why people should be supporting education vouchers so people can enlist their kids in private schools.  >> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_voucher

8 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

NAACP and ACLU. 

99% of the time, the cop is right and the dude has drugs on him. So what if they get stopped. If they dont have drugs on them, there is nothing the cop can do. However, most of the time.. shockingly there are drugs on them.  Its their own fault. You can blame society for stereotyping you. But, if you're dirty, your'e dirty. And that's on you.  Neither "example" has an effect on your ability to be successful in life, unless your doing something you shouldn't be doing, in which case maybe it makes it easier to get caught.  Its society's fault you got caught. Ok. Meh. Lame excuse.

So you assume that 99% of the time a black person has drugs on them ? You know how ridiculous that sounds ? Also stating that it is okay to stop and search them because they are black ? 

Wow. Perhaps I am reading that wrong. Hopefully. 

Key word you keep using - They. 

3 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

So you assume that 99% of the time a black person has drugs on them ? You know how ridiculous that sounds ? Also stating that it is okay to stop and search them because they are black ? 

Wow. Perhaps I am reading that wrong. Hopefully. 

Key word you keep using - They. 

When a cop stops a group of people to look for drugs. most of the time they actually have drugs on them.

1 hour ago, RedskinsMayne said:

When a cop stops a group of people to look for drugs. most of the time they actually have drugs on them.

See that's not necessarily true.  False reports come into police all the time, people calling in saying, "I think the person has a gun"  or "They might be doing drug deal" etc.

Which leads up with another example of white privilege, this one, being a personal experience of mine that happened when I was 17 years old.  I had my wife (at the time my girlfriend) sneak out of her house and I picked her up after I got off work at midnight.  There was a dead end road that was a side road off the main road she lived on. We went back out, met up with some friends and around 2:30 am I took her back home.  Pulled on the side road where she could see her house and was a hop, skip and jump through some neighbors back yards from getting back home.

It was pouring rain and we had pulled over on the side of the road, not in front of any houses and I turned off the engine and lights.  We had been there talking maybe 15 mins and I see head lights with a car pulling into the dead end road.  I start up the car and start driving because I didn't know who it was and then the sirens and lights hit.  It was a cop and he just pulled me over.  I panicked, got out of the car where he then drew his gun and screamed, "Get back in the ****ing car now!!".  

I got back in the car.  He walks up to my window, shines a flashlight in, sees its me and my wife.  Starts shining the light in my eyes, etc. and I start laughing and tell him that he's wasting his time that I don't do drugs or drink.  He asks me to get out of the car and being a smart ass, I said something like, "Get back in the car, get out of the car, just make up your damn mind".  He didn't like that, but just started asking me what I was doing.  I told him and he told me to get back in the car.  He then lectured me and my wife focusing on what a big piece of **** I was for having her sneak out in the middle of the night without her mom knowing.  

The worst thing that happened to me that night was he took my wife, put her in the police car and literally pulled around the corner and took her home.  He rang the doorbell at 3am and explained to her mother that she had sneaked out.   He also told her the only reason they found us parked there was because their neighbor had called them stating that a strange car pulled onto the road and had been sitting there for 10 mins and they think a drug deal was going down.  

They didn't bring drug dogs, he never searched me or my wife, or the car.  Never even mentioned drugs to us.  Never asked me to pop the trunk, etc.  He didn't shoot me even though I jumped out of the car in the middle of the night with rain pouring down, even though the call he was responding to was drug related.  I was a smart ass to him and my wife was at first, never did anything about that either.  No breathalyzer or sobriety test.

How do you think that would have played out if it were black teens doing the same thing and the same call came through?  I guarantee it would have been handled a lot differently.  

so2daf7ayplygbtvz2ni.png

On 5/3/2017 at 8:05 PM, Kosher Ham said:

@zoony, No. There is not one person in the world that is not prejudice. Not one. Everyone "pre judges". It is a defense and protective mechanism which is natural. It has nothing to do with race. I have explained this many times over the years. If I pull up in your driveway with a Dominos hat on with a Dominos light on top of my car, yet you didn't order pizza...you would still think I was the Dominos delivery driver. That is Prejudice. 

Everyone is not racist. My wife and her family are from the mountains of TN. The only town I have ever been in where there are seriously no other folks than white folks. Even at the Walmart. It's weird to me as someone that has always lived in big cities. Some of the nicest people though. Pretty cool.  

Now racist folks...Black folks and Indian ( not native) are the most racist. White folks come in 3rd. 

Speaking of Tennessee Walmarts...

http://www.theroot.com/7-bounty-hunters-indicted-in-death-of-24-year-old-fathe-1794923808

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

See that's not necessarily true.  False reports come into police all the time, people calling in saying, "I think the person has a gun"  or "They might be doing drug deal" etc.

How do you think that would have played out if it were black teens doing the same thing and the same call came through?  I guarantee it would have been handled a lot differently.  

I know now it's not "necessarily true", it's just true most of the time.

what would of happened? Given the same situation, the same thing the overwhelming majority of the time. Cops aren't going to find drugs where they don't exist.

i understand what you are saying, black guys get stopped and searched more. Ok. But, also most of the time sure enough they got something on them.  Well if they weren't riding dirty they'd have no problems. If your arguing that white people would have just as much drugs on them if they were stopped more frequently... ok. 

But, at some point you have to take responsibility for your own ****.

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Toe tag averted. 

8 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

I know now it's not "necessarily true", it's just true most of the time.

what would of happened? Given the same situation, the same thing the overwhelming majority of the time. Cops aren't going to find drugs where they don't exist.

i understand what you are saying, black guys get stopped and searched more. Ok. But, also most of the time sure enough they got something on them.  Well if they weren't riding dirty they'd have no problems. If your arguing that white people would have just as much drugs on them if they were stopped more frequently... ok. 

But, at some point you have to take responsibility for your own ****.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/news/crime-and-courts/2016/12/06/two-des-moines-officers-investigated-evidence-tampering-narcotics-joshua-judge-tyson-teut/95032928/

Just a friendly reminder and re-frame in light of the racial privilege talk... something that might make things a little more universal for people.

If you are accepted and recognized as a part of a group you will receive some kind of privilege and support from the people in that group. If you are recognized as outside of that group you will not get the benefits of surface level acceptance and trust, but will have to overcome the initial dissonance to generate trust by recognition and acceptance of your character and personality. This level of dissonance that must be overcome attenuates depending on the negative connotations that are associated with your particular out-group (an assumedly rival or antagonistic out-group will face more resistance when trying to enter and interact within the support-structure of the given in-group).  

All things being equal...
A Redskins fan will have a greater chance of getting Kirk Cousins autograph than a cowboys fan.
A Harvard grad will have a better chance of getting a job with a Harvard Alum, then a Yale grad.
A cop or family member of a cop will have an easier time getting out of a crime, then someone who is not.
A person from [insert race here] will have... you get the idea.

In-Group/Out-Group Dynamics and Tribalism are a human thing with human flaws. As a person who is a mix of white, black, and arab and who has felt prejudice by whites, blacks, and arabs I have the unique opportunity of experiencing these dynamics across multiple facets. I know what it's like to be both accepted and rejected and to overcome the dissonance from all three of those races across many different sub-sets of cultures. 

4 hours ago, RedskinsMayne said:

This is completely untrue. Stop and Frisk, which is what you're describing, usually results in the suspect searched not having drugs on them. It is a fruitless exercise that has a very low percentage of actually turning anything up. It also disproportionately affects minorities, because police are biased. 

"In every year, at least 80 percent and often 90 percent of those who were stopped were found not to have done anything wrong. When he was the city's public advocate, before being elected mayor, De Blasio released a report on the practice, finding that stops of whites were twice as likely to result in discovery of a weapon as a stop of a black person and that blacks were only two-thirds as likely as whites to be carrying something illegal. In other words: Most people were innocent, but whites who were stopped were more likely to be breaking laws regarding weapons or contraband."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/21/it-looks-like-rudy-giuliani-convinced-donald-trump-that-stop-and-frisk-actually-works/

2 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

This is completely untrue. Stop and Frisk, which is what you're describing, usually results in the suspect searched not having drugs on them. It is a fruitless exercise that has a very low percentage of actually turning anything up. It also disproportionately affects minorities, because police are biased. 

"In every year, at least 80 percent and often 90 percent of those who were stopped were found not to have done anything wrong. When he was the city's public advocate, before being elected mayor, De Blasio released a report on the practice, finding that stops of whites were twice as likely to result in discovery of a weapon as a stop of a black person and that blacks were only two-thirds as likely as whites to be carrying something illegal. In other words: Most people were innocent, but whites who were stopped were more likely to be breaking laws regarding weapons or contraband."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/21/it-looks-like-rudy-giuliani-convinced-donald-trump-that-stop-and-frisk-actually-works/

i don't support stop and frisk. 

13 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

i don't support stop and frisk. 

The purpose of my post was NOT to convince you that stop-and-frisk was wrong, but to show you the consistently false statements you keep making that police stopping people mostly turns up drugs is a fairy tale. 

Archived