Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What percentage of white people are racist?

BornaSkinsFan83

58 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

The purpose of my post was NOT to convince you that stop-and-frisk was wrong, but to show you the consistently false statements you keep making that police stopping people mostly turns up drugs is a fairy tale. 

Stop and frisk doesn't work and isn't common place. Using it as an example of what happens when cops stop people seems erroneous.

6 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Stop and frisk doesn't work and isn't common place. Using it as an example of what happens when cops stop people seems erroneous.

If an officer is stopping someone based off a "reasonable suspicion" or "hunch", it is essentially no different than stop-and-frisk. Only difference is Guiliani gave it a dumb name. 

4 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

If an officer is stopping someone based off a "reasonable suspicion" or "hunch", it is essentially no different than stop-and-frisk. Only difference is Guiliani gave it a dumb name. 

Except when cops have a suspicious (versus just randomly stoping and frisking them) they are generally correct.

Just now, RedskinsMayne said:

Except when cops have a suspicious (versus just randomly stoping and frisking them) they are generally correct.

Except, you have zero statistics or facts to back this up and you just pulled it out of your ass. 

1 minute ago, RedskinsMayne said:

Neither do you. Which is why you chose a bad analog. But, and yeah I know how cringeworthy this is, ever watch livePD?

I posted a link with plenty of statistics proving you wrong. I can't force you to acknowledge it. 

3 minutes ago, RedskinsMayne said:

You posted a link that proved most people aren't criminals. Shocking. Now post something that proves cops who stop reasonably suspicious people are wrong most of the time.

Evidently, your reading comprehension skills are lacking. That link didn't prove most people aren't criminals, it proved exactly what you have been trying to deny. Every single one of the stops that 90% turned out to be bull****, the police claimed they had a reasonable suspicion. Now sure, if a guy is walking around trying to hide a gun under his shirt. Stopping him would be reasonable and a good idea, but you can't cherry pick that out of all the other bull**** they pull and claim it's all good. Furthermore, the article also showed they focus far too much on minorities, when the white demographic has proven to have more drugs or weapons on them. 

Refusing to acknowledge these facts just proves what so many in this thread have brought up. These discussions never get anywhere, because faced with facts, some people refuse to let go of their bigotry and admit when they're wrong. 

On 5/4/2017 at 0:42 PM, RedskinsMayne said:

You should stop playing the victim.  What has "fighting white privelage" ever done for you?

Sort of funny hearing about white privelage when points are added to college entrance exams depending on your race.  When you have organizations actively looking to set minorities up with jobs. Funny. 

Yeah, whites have advantages, but everyone else has opportunities.  There are more white people living in poverty than black people. 

There are also more Americans living in Poverty that Haitians.... that soesn;t mean Haiti is better off than the US... but you know that.

there are 200 million white people in America, and 40 million blacks

Race / Ethnicity Number Percentage of
U.S. population
Americans 308,745,538 100.0 %
Non-Hispanic White 196,817,552 63.7 %
Non-Hispanic Black 37,685,848 12.2 %
Non-Hispanic Asian 14,465,124 4.7 %
Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native 2,247,098 0.7 %
Non-Hispanic Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander 481,576 0.2 %
Non-Hispanic some other race 604,265 0.2 %
Non-Hispanic two or more races 5,966,481 1.9 %
Hispanic or Latino 50,477,594 16.3 %

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States

but a MUCH higher PROPORTION of black people live in poverty.....    

The US Census declared that in 2014 14.8% of the general population lived in poverty:[40]
10.1% of all white non-Hispanic persons
12.0% of all Asian persons
23.6% of all Hispanic persons (of any race)
26.2% of all African American persons
28.3% of Native Americans / Alaska Natives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States#Poverty_and_race.2Fethnicity

28 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I had a co worker tell me if his girl cheated on him with a black guy it would piss him off more than if it was a white guy. That's pretty much what I use to gauge if someone is racist. 

Cheatings cheating. Not sure why race would factor into anger. I'd drop the cheat quickfast, whether it was with a white/black/brown/purple dude or a Martian. Hell, even another girl. We took vows...

And I just want to add, the world would be a very boring place with all blonde haired, blue eyed people in it.  Variety is the spice of life, and if you will just try you will learn more from befriending people than segregating them.

Except Cowboys fans. **** them.

I read page one and skipped the rest.  Assuming the thread is still on track, I agree with some of the early responses.  Separate prejudice from racist and I think the answer is 100%.  True racists...maybe 10% - 15% across the entire spectrum of people in this country.

Since false positives are not well documented or documented at all, we frankly have no idea what percentage of stops result in a finding of criminal activity.

And frankly it's probably impossible to track all false positives too, unless you force officers to disclose their subjective views.  False positives extend beyond a frisk that yields nothing to any time an officer acts out of suspicion of a criminal offense he has no objective evidence of and comes up empty.  So if they pull a black man over for speeding and then search his car and find nothing, that would be a false positive.  If they pull a black man over for NO reason and then question him, fishing around for something to suggest drugs, and eventually let him off with a warning, that's a false positive.  Not all false positives will be obvious.  Not all of suspicions will be stated or acted on outwardly in a way that allows the false positive to be documented by an outside observer.

4 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

Cheatings cheating. Not sure why race would factor into anger. I'd drop the cheat quickfast, whether it was with a white/black/brown/purple dude or a Martian. Hell, even another girl. We took vows...

And I just want to add, the world would be a very boring place with all blonde haired, blue eyed people in it.  Variety is the spice of life, and if you will just try you will learn more from befriending people than segregating them.

Except Cowboys fans. **** them.

So you demand monogamy and in same post say variety is the spice of life. 

Odd.

1 hour ago, mcsluggo said:

There are also more Americans living in Poverty that Haitians.... that soesn;t mean Haiti is better off than the US... but you know that.

there are 200 million white people in America, and 40 million blacks

Race / Ethnicity Number Percentage of
U.S. population
Americans 308,745,538 100.0 %
Non-Hispanic White 196,817,552 63.7 %
Non-Hispanic Black 37,685,848 12.2 %
Non-Hispanic Asian 14,465,124 4.7 %
Non-Hispanic American Indian or Alaska Native 2,247,098 0.7 %
Non-Hispanic Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander 481,576 0.2 %
Non-Hispanic some other race 604,265 0.2 %
Non-Hispanic two or more races 5,966,481 1.9 %
Hispanic or Latino 50,477,594 16.3 %

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demography_of_the_United_States

but a MUCH higher PROPORTION of black people live in poverty.....    

The US Census declared that in 2014 14.8% of the general population lived in poverty:[40]
10.1% of all white non-Hispanic persons
12.0% of all Asian persons
23.6% of all Hispanic persons (of any race)
26.2% of all African American persons
28.3% of Native Americans / Alaska Natives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poverty_in_the_United_States#Poverty_and_race.2Fethnicity

Yeah that's funny. When ever you mention the fact that black people commt more crime than white people, everyone posts those same statistics and says "see nah uh no the don't" and you're using them to say "see the get convicted of more crimes, cops must hate them"

meh. Don't be a criminal and most of the time you won't be charged with a crime. I've already agreed blacks are more likely to get stopped and that more white criminals are likely to not get stopped.

it seems to me everyone just wants to pass the buck. Are there some problems with society? Yes. But can a minority overcome these problems easily? Yes, in the vast majority of cases.  I mean, if a cop shoots you in the back as soon as he hops out the car, not much you can do.. but that's pretty rare.

1 hour ago, Popeman38 said:

That's the point. Race shouldn't factor but if it does then what does that say about you? 

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

My girlfriend asked me if I'd be more upset if she cheated on me with a black guy than I would if it were a white guy. I told her no and she said, "oh, good." Not sure what to make of that.

How does your wife feel about her question?

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

:ols:  You know the definition of celibacy right?  I think you meant monogamy.

Yup.  Oops.

49 minutes ago, Popeman38 said:

Or, I demand a faithful wife. Hence the "vows" line.

So variety is the spice of life, just not sex life?

Archived