Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

Then why didn't he? He had no problem giving a dissertation about the Hillary non starter, twice.

My thoughts exactly.

Seems like an effort to pass the buck imo.

But what it does say (at least to me) is that Trump/his associates have been on the FBI's radar for awhile.

Not sure if they have concrete evidence but it seems like they believe there's something "there".

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

My thoughts exactly.

Seems like an effort to pass the buck imo.

But what it does say (at least to me) is that Trump/his associates have been on the FBI's radar for awhile.

Not sure if they have concrete evidence but it seems like they believe there's something "there".

I thought the general consensus was that the right wingers in the FBI were going to leak the Hillary stuff so Comey felt he had to get out in front of it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Then why didn't he? He had no problem giving a dissertation about the Hillary non starter, twice.

Read the artice...the White House shut it down. He had an outline for an op-ed ready to publish, but the White House shut it down. The rationale is in the article but long story short, the White House thought something like that shouldn't be in an op-ed, but rather come from multiple agencies. 

6 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Read the artice...the White House shut it down. He had an outline for an op-ed ready to publish, but the White House shut it down. The rationale is in the article but long story short, the White House thought something like that shouldn't be in an op-ed, but rather come from multiple agencies. 

Definitely true.  Op-Eds these days are basically viewed as vehicles for confirmation bias, whether the underlying article is actually good on its own or not.

An Op-Ed would be considered political and quickly dismissed by the right.  If it comes from multiple agencies, you perhaps convince a decent chunk thatn y'know, stuff is real.  But I am guessing those agencies weren't quite ready yet.

Yeah I think the WH made the right call there. Even coming from the FBI director, an Op-Ed would have been completely dismissed by the right and by Trump/his supporters.

Then again, they're now dismissing evidence from multiple agencies anyway, so there's that...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I think the WH made the right call there. Even coming from the FBI director, an Op-Ed would have been completely dismissed by the right and by Trump/his supporters.

Then again, they're now dismissing evidence from multiple agencies anyway, so there's that...

True but a multiple agency release isn't for them.  It's for the moderate Rs and the Independents who were thinking about voting Trump but still are somewhat reasonable people generally; that 4-10% of people that has already left his approval rating would be the primary target.

Yeah, Obama was in a tough spot.  The more I listen to Pod Save America, the more I see how often he was put into this position - no good options, you just have to hope you pick the least damaging one.  

Wonder what the reaction would be if Obama were to come out (now) and say "I let the American people down.  I discouraged Comey and others from letting you, the people, know about the concerted effort from Russia to get Trump elected as well as the high level involvement his campaign had with Russian officials, Russian Intelligence and Russian oligarchs.  I thought I was taking the principled path, but instead, I'm afraid my actions have lead to Russia winning in their attempts to sway the election."

Obama made a terrible mistake that tremendously ****ed over Hillary and the Democrats.  But he obviously did it because he thought it was best for the country.  Maybe there is nobility in that, but America's faith in the election was still wrecked because all of this **** is going to come out anyway.

1 minute ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Obama made a terrible mistake that tremendously ****ed over Hillary and the Democrats.  But he obviously did it because he thought it was best for the country.  Maybe there is nobility in that, but America's faith in the election was still wrecked because all of this **** is going to come out anyway.

Maybe to his credit...he thought that even they (Trump campaign) wouldn't even stoop so low and do something potentially treasonous. According to the article, Comey alerted them they were looking into it and didn't necessarily have any concrete evidence. The fact it was being looked into should have been a concern. However, they were most likely looking into propaganda. It seems they (FBI) didn't know all about Manafort yet and had a lot more to gather.