Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

A brief Interlude

One morning long ago, I go into 7-11 on my daily coffee stop. There's a new, young clerk there with an anarchy symbol tattooed above his eyebrow. He'd angrily scan whatever people placed on the counter with his scanner gun, make a big show of getting a bag and throwing whatever crap people were buying in it (if they'd dare ask for one), and not say a word. He just dead-eye stare at them. The only thing he would say (very loudly), as he shooed the previous customer away towards the door and fixed his gaze upon his next victim in line was "Next Consumer Please!" I was laughing my ass off. Honestly, it made my day to watch him wage his war while infiltrating the very heart of corporate consumerism. That was the one and only time I saw him. I was so disappointed I didn't get to witness and experience it at least a few more times.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, SoulSkin said:

A brief Interlude

One morning long ago, I go into 7-11 on my daily coffee stop. There's a new, young clerk there with an anarchy symbol tattooed above his eyebrow. He'd angrily scan whatever people placed on the counter with his scanner gun, make a big show of getting a bag and throwing whatever crap people were buying in it (if they'd dare ask for one), and not say a word. He just dead-eye stare at them. The only thing he would say (very loudly), as he shooed the previous customer away towards the door and fixed his gaze upon his next victim in line was "Next Consumer Please!" I was laughing my ass off. Honestly, it made my day to watch him wage his war while infiltrating the very heart of corporate consumerism. That was the one and only time I saw him. I was so disappointed I didn't get to witness and experience it at least a few more times.

Someone needs to do a Planet Earth style docu-series on the Info Wars ecosystem creatures.

God I have so many stories. Almost every dumbass from my high school became a conspiracy-woke super intellectual in his 20s. 

Edited by No Excuses

I friggin' love John Turturo. Highly underrated actor. 

Thanks for the gif on the page prior,,  made me think of a lot of his roles that have entertained the living hell out of me.

Oh, and Deep State and Both Sides and the whole things is a distraction while the undersea reptile people rise and take all of our pretzels.

~Bang

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

God I have so many stories. Almost every dumbass from my high school became a conspiracy-woke super intellectual in his 20s. 

Its fun. It makes you feel like you know stuff without you having to know stuff. Had a cat honest to God try to explain to me that the world was flat. Looked at me and said "I thought you were smarter than that" and was really disappointed in me. I almost felt bad but it was too funny. My biggest thing is why. Why?? Lol

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Had a cat honest to God try to explain to me that the world was flat. Looked at me and said "I thought you were smarter than that" and was really disappointed in me. I almost felt bad but it was too funny. My biggest thing is why. Why?? Lol

You'll like this, from PleaseBiitz in the Own3d thread:

DVR9aJxWAAAXKol.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

Its fun. It makes you feel like you know stuff without you having to know stuff. Had a cat honest to God try to explain to me that the world was flat. Looked at me and said "I thought you were smarter than that" and was really disappointed in me. I almost felt bad but it was too funny. My biggest thing is why. Why?? Lol

In fairness, feline scientific progress is far behind humans.  The paws make it tough to make scientific instruments and all their telescopes end up scratched up and hard to use.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Ok but what about schooling? This board is full of people with advanced degrees. Why don’t they share your paranoid world view?

Um..let's see...because they were educated by the system fooling them. Pretty simple. College teaches what and how to think.it doesn't teach independent  thought. 

Edited by thinwhiteduke

5 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

Um..let's see...because they were educated by the system fooling them. Pretty simple. College teaches what and how to think.it doesn't teach independent  thought. 

Did you go to college. Not foolin just asking. 

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

Ooooh, I can field this one!

Those fancy advanced degrees you speak of just further indoctrinates then into the propaganda machine that is controlled by... THEM.

How smart can you be if you are needing to pay thousands of dollars when you can just read a book at home? Going into debt makes you smarter? All you did was listen to a teacher ,then you repeated back what they told you..then they call you smart. Wow,that makes you smart now? It just makes you a more well read worker bee. 

3 minutes ago, thinwhiteduke said:

How smart can you be if you are needing to pay thousands of dollars when you can just read a book at home? Going into debt makes you smarter? All you did was listen to a teacher ,then you repeated back what they told you..then they call you smart. Wow,that makes you smart now? It just makes you a more well read worker bee. 

If that's what someone gets out of college then they did not put anything into it.  The resources on most college campuses surpass what any average person could hope to access on their own and can facilitate great growth.  If someone fails to utilize those resources, that ought not to fall on the institution.

5 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Did you go to college. Not foolin just asking. 

I was a journalism major initially. But it doesn't matter because  I was still young and not really thinking for myself yet,as is true for almost all young adults. The entire education system  from 1st grade through college is useless and out dated. Trying to teach everyone the exact same way with useless information. School is ultimately just to teach you subservience,to follow rules.

Not to teach you independent, critical thought. The older you get,the more that should dawn on you.

4 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Does not mean thought that is independent of facts, evidence, logic, or reasoning.

They teach you their version of it.Not unbiased actual independent  thought. I'm representing independent  thought right now and it's confusing you. It shouldnt.

My paralegal degree had a course Legal Research, comes in handy because I developed the ability for researching among many types of information to get a well informed opinion based on facts. Also, from journalism courses, I learned to check information against at least two sources and answer the Five Ws and the H. Who, what, when, where, why, and how. I used that skill every day when developing proposals. I wouldn't have learned that on my own so quickly.

Formal education targets specific skill building, and that should be augmented with independent research. It's not a waste of time.

What's wrong is that educational institutions are starting to be run as profit centers.

• Like 2