Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

1 minute ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This is a waste of time. He will never agree to testify/meet/interview with Mueller 

He really doesn't have a choice if I'm correctly understanding the powers Mueller has available and the precedent set by previous presidents. 

Color me cynical, but I still don't think any of this matters or will. The Rs in Congress have gone all in, they've shown themselves willing to abase themselves in unimaginable ways to get their payoffs, and at the end of the day I genuinely expect them to simply refuse to act on anything that Mueller unearths, and the whole issue dies. The can simply stonewall action, and there is no recourse. Unless and until the Ds take the majority and drive them out, nothing will happen.

And in furtherance of that happy thought, I don't think they really give one small **** about the midterms and beyond because they have contaminated enough of the system so that the fix is in and "free elections" have gone the way of the dodo.

17 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Color me cynical, but I still don't think any of this matters or will. The Rs in Congress have gone all in, they've shown themselves willing to abase themselves in unimaginable ways to get their payoffs, and at the end of the day I genuinely expect them to simply refuse to act on anything that Mueller unearths, and the whole issue dies. The can simply stonewall action, and there is no recourse. Unless and until the Ds take the majority and drive them out, nothing will happen.

And in furtherance of that happy thought, I don't think they really give one small **** about the midterms and beyond because they have contaminated enough of the system so that the fix is in and "free elections" have gone the way of the dodo.

agree 100%. The only way to fix this mess is to take back the House and Senate and Trump and the GOP don't seem, by their actions, too worried that, that will happen...

15 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

At least by next, Thanksgiving, er, Christmas.

It took over two years of investigation to get Nixon to resign. We haven't had a Congressional investigation yet, although we know the Republicans won't do that.

The great thing about Watergate is that actual crimes were committed and the POTUS was active in trying to hide it.  I'm not seeing the same with the Trump/Russia deal, but I guess if we give Mueller endless time and money, he's sure to come up with something....right???

Just now, General NSJ said:

The great thing about Watergate is that actual crimes were committed and the POTUS was active in trying to hide it.  I'm not seeing the same with the Trump/Russia deal, but I guess if we give Mueller endless time and money, he's sure to come up with something....right???

Collusion with a hostile foreign government to win an ection is not a crime?

So in your book breaking and entering is a crime but collusion with Russia isn’t.

Got it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

So in your book breaking and entering is a crime but collusion with Russia isn’t.

Got it.

Don't even engage playa

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Got it.

Good.  I'd hate to think that we've been confusing collusion with conspiracy this whole time.

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Don't even engage playa

Aw, no room for dissenting views in this echo chamber of never Trumpers spweing liberal nonsense?

Got it.

4 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Trump and this Republican Congress are a stress test for our Democracy.  They've revealed all kinds of weaknesses.  When can we reform movement intent on fixing them by legally codifying what has previously been ruled by norm?

What would you suggest legally codifying?

I could certainly go for releasing taxes and requiring birth records.

7 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Trump and this Republican Congress are a stress test for our Democracy.  They've revealed all kinds of weaknesses.  When can we reform movement intent on fixing them by legally codifying what has previously been ruled by norm?

Robust voting rights protections. 

The GOPs response to its awful demographic numbers with under-40 voters will not be self-reflection and improvement. They are fully engaged in suppressing the voting rights and voting power of people who are not their core constituencies.

We also need to have a conversation about limiting federal authority. As more of our population resides in cities and urban districts, we can no longer rely on a system that overwhelmingly favors sparsely populated states and localities. The future of governance in America is at the local level with the federal government ensuring and protecting self-governing autonomy, backed by robust pro-civil rights federal legislation to prevent discrimination.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He literally fired the FBI director to stem the investigation, what do you mean he isn't actively trying to hide things?

Also Sally Yates.

Also Kushner has amended his disclosures how many times?

How many meetings with Russians did his admin not admit to?

Just because they were sloppy and got found out relatively quickly doesn't mean they didn't try to conceal things.

Besides, Trump has made it adundantly clear he is contemplating a Saturday Night Massacre re: Mueller, which would be the ultimate attempt to hide things.  That he's even thinking about it is patently ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2