Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moose & Squirrel v Boris & Natasha: what's the deal with the rooskies and trumpland?

Jumbo

22 hours ago, visionary said:

The former Texas oilman, who worked extensively with Kremlin officials as CEO of Exxon Mobil, has crafted a three-point framework for future US-Russia relations

!: Bend over

2: Grab your ankles

3: SqueeEEEeeeal!

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, visionary said:
Hannity compared Russia investigation to Birtherism

Wow, that's rich. From the guys who fed those flames for years, and now they want to try and minimize a legitimate Federal investigation by comparing it to their racism fueled smear campaign.

• Like 3

One of the biggest underreported stories is Trump pushing the House to weaken sanctions language/substance from the Senate's version.

It should be a huge scandal that the President is trying to get a sanctions bill watered down before it hits his desk, presumably to avoid having to veto it.  But it's been underreported, it's been in the news for a day or so, then sort of dissippated.

• Like 4

We haven't seen any hard evidence of collusion, but this thing keeps unraveling to a point where something must come out right? I'm sure the investigators won't release or leak any "smoking gun" that they have. Am I correct in this assumption? 

Collusion with the hotel in DC, even though some government worker said it wasn't in conflict with the contract. It says right in the contract.

So that's one example. They are selling access like gangbusters. That's illegal and collusion.

Oops, thinking Emollument Clause.

Flynn is certainly in deep, and you can't tell me that Trump didn't know about it nor didn't direct them to do business with Russians considering that he wants to open communications and lower the sanctions.

Edited by LadySkinsFan

9 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Me too, he almost certainly got his orders from Trump. 

I envision a different scenario. Bear in mind, this is not a prediction or even speculation... I'm not saying this is true but the way I've imagined it could have played out was that Trump really had no idea that all of these people had ties to Russia when he chose them but that somebody in his inner circle with Russian connections was advising him. So, Putin and Russian higher-ups are telling intermediaries and the intermediaries are talking Person X (let's call him Kared Jushner) and Kared Jushner is telling Trump that these would be actual good choices without Donnie ever knowing about their ties to Russia.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

The dossiers on these investigators are amazing:

A. Known for investigating Russian mobs and international money laundering.

B. Known for getting people to turn on their superiors.

C. Known for prosecuting Russian prostitution urination cases!

I mean do they put this stuff on their resumes or what? Who compiles this information that categorizes these investigators so that when Mueller pucks up the phone he's talking to tbe right investigator? 

Edited by AsburySkinsFan
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I envision a different scenario. Bear in mind, this is not a prediction or even speculation... I'm not saying this is true but the way I've imagined it could have played out was that Trump really had no idea that all of these people had ties to Russia when he chose them but that somebody in his inner circle with Russian connections was advising him. So, Putin and Russian higher-ups are telling intermediaries and the intermediaries are talking Person X (let's call him Kared Jushner) and Kared Jushner is telling Trump that these would be actual good choices without Donnie ever knowing about their ties to Russia.

I can imagine a scenario where Donald was somewhat ignorant of the machinations behind the scenes. His affinity for Vlad suggests that surrounding himself with Russophiles was no accident, however.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedskinsFan44 said:

I can imagine a scenario where Donald was somewhat ignorant of the machinations behind the scenes. His affinity for Vlad suggests that surrounding himself with Russophiles was no accident, however.

Yeah, I was gonna say (but I got sleepy before saying it last night, haha), I could see that scenario but for Trump's seeming love affair with Putin/Russia, his meddling in the investigation, AND his seemingly lack of curiosity about how Russia attacked us.

There are too many circumstantial data points suggesting that the TrumpRussia thing is beyond mere coincidence to not at least suspect he knew something.

Edited by DogofWar1
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Yeah, I was gonna say (but I got sleepy before saying it last night, haha), I could see that scenario but for Trump's seeming love affair with Putin/Russia, his meddling in the investigation, AND his seemingly lack of curiosity about how Russia attacked us.

There are too many circumstantial data points suggesting that the TrumpRussia thing is beyond mere coincidence to not at least suspect he knew something.

It's all in the money trail.  Rachael exposed a little more of it last night.  They're getting a little closer, especially with attorneys now that specialize in money laundering.

It won't be too long.  And they may only get one chance, so it's gotta be done right.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DogofWar1 said:

T is a 30k foot guy, not a details guy in any respect.  And if you're part of the team and having these convos with Russia, there are a few good reasons to keep T in the dark about it (he's a blabbermouth, plausible deniability, etc.).  Whatever was going on there, I don't think he knew the full scope of it.  But he's plainly concerned about SOMETHING that Flynn knows, and has gone to great lengths to try to stay in touch with him, end the investigation, etc. to keep him from flipping and spilling the beans.